InfinitelyStrong's DIARY: Self Improvement and Nofap

I wanted to create a new diary in the new year. But since I was busy during the first week, couldn’t create one but now here I’m.

6 Likes

Day 210:

Yesterday’s mock was bad. Getting below 500 range. Not proper planning and not completing revision was the reason mainly.

Hoping to excel in next test.

3 Likes

Day 220:

How I fuck up last 12 days with almost little to no study at all -

1. Made a plan for the week

2. Couldn’t complete the goals according to the plan in Day 1 due to xyz reasons

3. In Day 2 kept thinking about day 1 and since the plan schedule is fucked so kept procrastinating in day 2

4. Stress and anxiety kicked in and hence to escape started reading some erotic literature for momentarily pleasure.

5. In Day 3, Studied half of the amount that I should study

6. In day 4, some family interruption comes in, about 6 hours went there, Instead of quickly resuming study I kept thinking about the gone 6 hours and in the process lost the upcoming hours too.

7. In Day 5, frustrated me almost seeing the wek is about to end, started to panic and rescheduled the tasks with unrealistic deadline.

8. Day 6, Tasks not completed in unrealistic deadline and again stress and anxiety kicks in. Started procrastinating.

9. Procrastination leads to binge watching YouTube shit again and again and other stuffs.

10. And here I’m successfully wasting my last 12 days and I’ve 2 days for next mock.

What I learnt:

1. Don’t set unrealistic deadlines.

2. Better not make any unrealistic plan at all. It gives false gratification after writing it down and sticking in wall but in the long run if any schedule is fucked, I tend to get depressed and start procrastinating out of anxiety.

3. Set goals and deadlines in mind and keep studying without any anxiety.

4. Keep yourself free from any sexual thoughts/stimulation/possible triggers. I’ll reset my counter next time indulge in any such activity, even slightly.

5. Keep studying and take proper break. Release your overthinking and other thoughts during break time only, not during study.

5 Likes

What are you preparing for? NEET?

3 Likes

yes (20 characters…)

5 Likes

Nice. All the best :fire:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot bro (20 characters)

5 Likes

Day 231:

I’ve developed back pain. Now can’t stay seated for than 4 hours straight. I have ordered one of those office/study chair.

5 Likes

How were you studying without a proper chair then?

1 Like

I stay in PG, so those basic plastic chair…

2 Likes

Ah ok understood.
Take care.

1 Like

Day 250:

My storage was full in phone and so I needed to clean up. So I cleared data and and when I logged back in, My streak was gone. It’s showing day zero. I thought the streak is synced in their server. :confused:

1 Like

You can click on relapse and enter the date when you started your streak

3 Likes

No such thing in relapse option bro.

2 Likes

The thumbs down relapse button on top right asks you for time and date when you relapsed. Enter the date of 250 days ago.

2 Likes

Ive been extremely demotivated and hopeless. I’ve completed whole syllabus 20 days back.

My full syllabus mock test marks started from 430, then 440 and then 495

But in last week test it down to 460 and I am feeling I’ve forgotten all concepts of physics, physical chemistry formulas. Cause my marks on physics and chemistry were low.

I’m honestly feeling like I’ve lower capacity to retain or to hold on things in my memory cause I’m forgetting everything at same rate.

When I open youtube I get bewildered, there are 100s of strategy videos but none helps or deal with my problem.

I’m feeling like why the hell I’ve choose this path.

Safe score in my state is 560 but I’m struggling to cross 500+

Some saying, practice daily mock, some saying mocks im every 2/3 days. I’m already appearing weekly offline test though.

At this point I don’t know how to proceed cause huge syllabus and it’s impossible to revise everything all at once. But I’m forgetting everything all at once.

2 Likes

It is a common problem when you have a lot of syllabus bro. At this point, you should not pressurize yourself. I have very less syllabus compared to you. Though I feel the same. All you need to do is relax yourself first. Then you just have a glance and classify the concepts which you are very well known, known partially, completely forgotten. What you have forgotten completely, let it be revised when you are free or write those concepts and paste it on the wall particularly the formulae. You relate what you partially known with the real life situations so it will stand in your mind. You can use Mnemonics for remembering the sub topics and names as well and don’t forget to revise those are very well known.

2 Likes

What I did before gate is that I gave test once in three-four days, what I did in between was revise all topics which I found difficult in last test or which I felt that I am forgetting and also try to solve the questions which I couldn’t and check and understand solutions…
This way a lot of your revision will be completed along with the tests. Also don’t be demotivated by mock test marks, if you keep working sincerely you’ll automatically do better in the final exam.

But don’t fall for startegy videos. Nope not at all.
Make your own strategy, do what you feel will be best for you and do that. That’s it.

3 Likes

So that’s the best revision technique I guess? Like If I do one full syllabus test daily and revise the weak topics that day? Cause it takes hell lot of time to revise 150+ questions per chapters. And even two chapters done daily it takes 20/30 days to compete.

4 Likes

Yeah figure it out yourself now :sweat_smile:, I tried to put forward what I used to do.

3 Likes