If you feel like quiting. Read this

Hello guys,

I am writing this to share my message to all of you really trying to quit. I have been trying for 2 years now, this thing just wont budge, I never get beyond 20 days, maybe there is another way to quit it, and maybe I will just try to adjust and live with it.

I want to share with you what I found (for all of you failing rn), this addiction depends on neurotransmitters and once you get beyond a certain point do you know what happens? This thing becomes equal to food in your brain, it becomes essential for survival.

Every single time you do it, imagine a part growing in your brain ( like a tumor!), and it becomes larger/stronger/better every time, until you become super good at it.

So also one thing, is you might think that having another addiction like video games etc…will provide you with your dopamine and will help you through your journey. But just dont! it just delays the inevitable. You need to engage in excercise, meditation and really go out there make as much friends as possible, never be alone,go camping. If you dont do any of these stuff (or most of them!), just quit seriously you will never make it, it will be the hardest thing you will relapse every time. Guaranteed!

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer.

Stay healthy!

4 Likes

Hi there,

As you are aware of the current situation, we have nothing to do except stay and wait. So going out is not possible. My highest streak was more than 250 days after that it was never more than 20 days. I think the first step that makes me trigger is InstaG. So it’s better to uninstall it. Secondly, do meditation and exercise. Also, staying up late is also dangerous as it can give you the major trigger. So now, I try to shut down my computer at 12am. If you want a companion, let me know