I relapsed again

Two nights ago I relapsed after 27 days and I’m feeling horrible. I relapsed again last night and I wish I stopped myself. I don’t know where to go from here. I feel like such a failure. I’ve battled PMO for so long. I feel like if I don’t overcome it I’m out of options and might as well die. I don’t feel comfortable telling anyone because I’m too embarrassed. I am going to start a new streak and hopefully that will make me feel better.

2 Likes

My advice to you would be accept the fact that your going to fail, and it might take years of failing before you’ve fully recovered. It might be hard to stomach, but it’s the truth.

I’ve been battling my addiction for around 4 years now and sometimes I feel like I’ve gone back to square one. At the very start I thought I’d be over it in no time. I thought it would only take one good streak and I’d be fine. In reality, it doesn’t always pan out that way.

Your recovery is not just about abstaining for the longest streaks, but changing the way you think, your routine, and progressing in all of the other positive aspects of your life. Focus on them as well and you’ll go far.

You can not change the past, so all you can do is make the right decision in the moment, as in right now. If you can do that then you can ask no more of yourself.

Wish you the best on your journey, hope that you can get yourself back on track. Good luck.

3 Likes

I am the same, you need to stay strong, I need to stay strong, we all need to stay strong if we want to fight this .

1 Like