I Keep On Failing Again and Again

I’ve actually started NoFap just recently and my longest streak is just 12 Days. That was a month ago. Ever since then I keep relapsing in intervals of 2 - 3 days.

I’ve started masturbating since I was 7 years old (Yes, that young), and since then I’ve been addicted to it. Fast forward 11 years later, now I’m 18 and I really want to change myself. I want to break free from my addiction, but it seems like I’m going nowhere near that goal. I’ve failed numerous times already and I don’t know what to do anymore. I want to become a better person but me, myself, is preventing that.

I’m just so disappointed of myself.

7 Likes

First and foremost, you want to break free… That is huge… Happy for you there…

In most cases, especially for shorter streaks, we would be like, its okay, I will relapse once and start over again… May be this or it may be something else for you but we always know exactly
what our brain thinks before we relapse, We have to tell our head why its not the right mindset and we have to make counter arguments with our head ready… If our head says, relapse once and start again, we could tell that we could keep saying that for the next whole year or so and still we wont be going anywhere… Most people that really wants to quit will quit then and there, will quit at any cost… Will suffer any consequences because ultimately they want to get better… That desire and passion to quit, to get better has to run through your veins day in and day out. I want to fight this, thats the Mentality you should be having. Work on that.

Also urges are very normal, each urge you conquer, your confidence increases… They are like stepping stones to success… It also tests your strength, make sure you win. :muscle: Because what you get, when you win, is too sweet… You will love yourself, happy with yourself, nothing better than that…

5 Likes

Thank you for your advice. Seriously, I will quit. No matter what it takes. I’ll make sure that I will ultimately conquer this addiction. This is a huge part of my life, and I won’t let my mind be my prison. I strongly believe I can do this. Really, thanks for reaching out to me. I know what I’m going to do now. No more going back to what I once were. I will win this battle!

3 Likes

We are in the same boat bro im also failing again and again.

2 Likes

We’re all in this together mate! Let’s do this!

2 Likes

But im not giving up because i know there is a day when i will finnaly say “im free” And that day isnt far
And all these failures will make sense one day

3 Likes

Same. I’ll never give up. These failures are an opportunity for us to go back stronger than before. I’ve learned that now.

4 Likes

This seems relevant to me. I also have relapsed after 3 days.

2 Likes

You’re stronger than you think. No matter what happens, don’t back down.

2 Likes

Added you as my companion there.
Stay Strong!

2 Likes

Guys be careful Day 3 to is the day when a lot of urges hits u , so be strong and vigilant on that day

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll be prepared by then, but I think it’s best to expect no urges on that day at all. You know how the brain can easily trick us.

I am highly likely to relapse on Day 3 or Day 4.
I am gonna dig a hole and hide in it when these days arrive.