I found a really good tip

I find that constantly keeping a full bottle of water with yourself is really useful against urges , just take a 1l bottle , and then gulp down 500ml whenever you get the urges , since drinking a lot of water is good for health and you get the added benefit of countering urges . Hope this helps you. And maybe a lot of people already know this . In which case :+1:

14 Likes

Only downside is going to the bathroom alot. I’ve done it for other reasons;it’s great if you can’t control your urges.

I love you but I can’t learn it for you brother

3 Likes

Could you please elaborate , I am pretty dense some times :gorilla:

Glad to. You can “teach” someone how to learn new skill sets. However you can’t show them how wisdom is applied to any given lesson. Until they experienced it’s pitfalls. Its best you learn from others errors in life and apply them before you experience them yourself.

Hence I love you but I can’t learn it for you brother.

2 Likes

So sorry to break your thought but drinking excessive amounts of water is bad. Learnt it the hard way but don’t go way overboard the usal limit.

1 Like

@knitty-gritty Oh ok , I was thinking more like , drink only when you get the urges or when you’re really thirsty , but you’re pointing at how drinking 500ml all at once is bad ?

If you go near 8L. Just beware.

1 Like

Generally speaking you should take your body weight into account as well.

I love you but I can’t learn it for you brother

1 Like

Yes this has also helped me and drink water also detoxifies the body so that’s also great u can drink max around 4- 6 lts in a day I guess but yes you’ll have to go the washroom little to often but that’s just your body throwing the toxins out

3 Likes

Hi, your intentention is well and is really appreciated but I would like to point a concern of mine. I’ve seen cases where people drank too much water in a day and had troubles with their health .

This top might work but you should still be carefull and drink water in moderation. Drinking too much water can also be very detrimental for you. You don’t just need water but also salts/elektrolytes. So instead of just 500 mL water lower the amount you single dose intake and also spread it out more in a day with a max of 2 L of water intake per day. Also keep in mind that many foods have water content as well. It helps as well to do some exercises like push-ups or squats to defeat an urge quickly.

So in summary

1. Drink more frequently in a day and in lower volume
  2. Max 2 L per day
  3. Add a pinch of (Himalayan) salt or electrolyte powder to the water
  4. Do push-ups or squats for quick urge relief
2 Likes

ok, thanks for your time , I’ll do that .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.