How to not relapse many times in a day

I usually hit 20+ days in my streaks but the problem is when I do a relapse I fap many times on that until everything is fleshed out. Any idea how to escape from this??

2 Likes

Same Case here.
I think the mentality behind it is Get enough pleasure as possible before going complete abstinance. But its a mentality of an Addict. We all wants freedom from this shit.

2 Likes

I had this problem as long as i was too focused on my counter.
If it shows 0 again I don’t care if I relapse or not. I’m already at 0 and can’t fall deeper.

Focusing on my long-term goals helped me to stop bingwatching after a relapse

2 Likes

This is something I have experienced as well. I have had streaks over one hundred days in the past. But when I slip, I feel so worthless that I see no point in trying. So, one misstep turn into a lost day (or several days) until something gets my head out of my rear end.

1 Like

Hahahahaahahaa Nicely put

Hey focus on the average days between relapses. Try to bring that number to 7. Most of the people who you can call healthy by 2018 standards either masturbate or have sex at lewst once a week. So even if you get till there in 3-4 months you will start observing things. And you can do it by keep relapsing all the while. Actually it’s all about the brains’s reward system. I am myself at some 100 days and afraid of what you guys are discussing here.

2 Likes

I mean at least 7 :smiley:

Ofc you can fall deeper, when you relapse you dont waste all of your progress, just a part of it, smaller or bigger but there is always something to save and keep going. I used to have that problem too, but stopped when realised that it matters, even if you loose your powers for some time, your brain will grow stronger if you dont relapse shortly after the 1st one.

When you tell yourself “lets exploit this opportunity” you are teaching your brain that no matter how long your streak is, if you fail, you will redeem that pleasure for this whole time of iron discipline, WHICH may lead your brain to play tricks on you to get that accumulated prize rather than to understanding that he shouldnt look for the prize in this way at all

1 Like