How to look people in the eye?

How do I get good at looking people in the eye? Because when I do I get nervous, and it’s a problem ive had since my adolescence, I’m also shy, so when I talk to someone I always look at the ground, instead of looking at their eyes.

5 Likes

I wish I could give you advice but I can’t really look people in the eyes either. It’s strange sometimes I try but I end up staring at their neck or nose :rofl:. I manage to look them in the eyes sometimes but then I glance away quickly.

1 Like

I’m the same, when I do look people in the eyes, I quickly look away

1 Like

Its just confidence that you need…
With more days spent in NoFap, you will gain enough confidence to look people in the eye…

Also…if you are telling the truth…then it becomes more easy…

Ofcourse…you don’t need to stare them continuously…eye contact needs to be in short intervals…
If you look in someone’s eyes continuously…then that’s staring and anyone would get uncomfortable…
So keep it in short intervals…few seconds at a time…

Start with same gender…and when you are comfortable enough then proceed towards opposite gender…

As any skill…more the practice…more natural and easy it becomes…

5 Likes

Here’s a video for practice…I myself practiced from this video…4 years ago :joy:

2 Likes

If you can’t directly look someone in the eyes, try making a triangle on the person’s face with two eyes and nose as the vertices, move your eyes in that triangle, the person will think it’s actual eye contact and it’ll be easier for you, and instead of looking down look sideways from time to time, you won’t seem under confident if you do that.

2 Likes

Maybe short intervals of looking in the eye before moving then going back. Its somthing that takes time and i think a lot of people struggle with. Also if you’re doing somthing then alternate between looking at them and what youre doing. I move around the face a bit too

Oh I like this. Thanks. It might work

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.