How to fix the mind on God? Pls advise

Dear brothers, can you pls suggest me as how to put the mind fixed on God instead of putting mind on materialistic things, putting mind on a beautiful girl at work place and just wondering if she will approve me or validate me or make me feel important by talking to me or admiring me, putting mind on the outcome of the meetings or works or tasks and getting anxious about it, thinking all time and draining out energy… instead of all these it’s better to put the mind fixed on God, but the challenge for me is as how to do it…my mind keeps on wandering and getting anxious… I am always thinking and over analyzing and ALWAYS SELF EVALUATING, self judging, but not taking action and even if i take action then i keep self evaluating if i did right, even i talk to anyone i rethink in my mind and replay the scene to judge myself and think whqt other people must have thought about my actions, my talks, my language skills and so on…am just over thinking and self judging and anxious all time…i want to fix my mind on God, any suggestions bro, pls help me as how to fix it on God :pray:

4 Likes

Chanting God’s name is the way to fix your mind on god. There are some ways to chant, verbal, whispering, and mentally, out of these mental chanting is considered best.

And, thinking about god is another way to fix your mind on god. How? Watch your ishta deva’s (deity of your chosing) past life stories on YouTube (satsangs).

Try to Feel the presence of god in the world.

I would recommend you to start reading bhagwad gita, ramcharitamanas, and watch videos of ram satsang, iskcon, ram katha etc.

What’s actually beautiful in a “girl” ?
Her clothes? Her hair? Her make-up? What?

Approve you? Why are you giving the authority of approving you to any random girl or random person? Why are you putting women on the pedastal?

Once you give the authority of making you sad or happy to someone, you become a slave to them, that’s the greatest form of slavery. Why does it matter what anyone thinks about you?

Bro, just fix your mind on god as i said, and keep practicing celibacy (not just nofap but complete celibacy) all these problems will be fixed.

9 Likes

Start reading the holy book of whichever religion you are following, it’s the first step, looking for devotional songs, quotes, videos also helps.
If you are a Hindu I’d suggest reading ‘Bhagawad Gita As it is’ by Srila Prabhupada, it has very good explanations of the verses.

4 Likes

Truly said @Consecrator bro, it’s utmost important to realign with God through chanting and remember him mentally and thinking of his existence in the world…this really gives strength…
About beautiful girls, yes it’s just external beauty, it’s very rare to see the person with beauty of soul and pure… rightly said, it’s only looks, hair, makeup,clothes… that’s it.
And one should never give authority to any person to become reason of our happiness or sadness… that’s slavery…
Thanks bro…ur suggestions have really added life to my existence and feeling motivated… thanks once again bro…God bless!!

3 Likes

Woww, that’s amazing bro @The_integrous_one …i can resonate with you because i have started reading Bhagwad Gita…will also start listening to holy songs…i am sure it helps alot in the journey of life… Thanks bro…God bless!!

3 Likes

Mention not bro. You know what, i really admire the fact that you asked for help in the first place. That tells that you want to work on your problems and solve them which is very nice thing about you.

I really hope that you achieve whatever you want to achieve in life.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot bro for your encouraging words, it really does matters alot… The fact is i was in a deep shit situation till 2021 from 2017 and was only focussing on my only problem (a big major situation which stucked for nearly 4 years and eaten my good 4 years of my life).
When i got free from that energy sucking problem, that’s when i started to reorganize my life and after recovering in another 7-8 months, that’s when I started seeing my other underlying issues which i never addressed and so never corrected or took any action to work on it to make myself better…
All by God’s grace, now God is showing the weak areas in my life to work upon and make a better version of myself. And all thanks to brothers like you who are helping brothers like me to improve on the way in this journey… Thanks once again bro, God bless!!

3 Likes

Damn, sounds like you went through some rough years of your life. That’s ok bro, everything happens for a reason, in this case, you gained experience which taught you what not to do in life which is going to save you from more severe problems which could potentially happen to you in the future.

You have already won more than half the battle the moment you realised you have problems to fix.

Stay strong. And again, mention not.

1 Like

Yes bro, thanks alot… cheers and God bless you!!
Glory to God :pray:

1 Like

:pray: same to you. Good night

1 Like

Why not invite God to be a companion in your self evaluating? And to see humankind, Godly or not, as your divine siblings.

You’ve come along way by His Grace. You may stumble, we all can, but you’re going in the right direction :sun_with_face: May He always guide and comfort you :pray:

2 Likes

Rightly said @anon67854825 bro, let’s accept God as our companion and his creations (humans) as divine siblings.
At times what happens is the other humans to whom we consider as divine siblings, they mistreat us, gives us pains, humiliate us and make us a laughing stock. In such times, average person can start hating human beings by feeling less self worth, but the one who is guided by the God will forgive him and move on with self worth in the eyes God.
It’s really very important to allow God to be our companion and to guide us.
Thanks a lot bro and God bless!!

2 Likes

join 10 day vipassana meditation retreat and continue practice regularly

1 Like

Well said friend…

2 Likes

Hey @psthennarasu203 bro, i was thinking about this only Vipassana…actually i have done this at Global Pagoda, Igatpuri in 2014.
This has really helped me but since a while due to hectic schedules i couldn’t do it.
Will surely restart doing Vipassana daily to stay in Equanimity under all circumstances by observing the body sensations.
Woww bro, literally got Goosebumps just thinking about the experience that i had.
Thanks for reminding me bro, will surely start this again.
God bless bro :+1::+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.