How to avoid non-veg?šŸ„ŗ

Can anyone tell me how to avoid it? It is really difficult for me to avoid it.

4 Likes

Why do you want to avoid if you like it

2 Likes

Thanks bro.

1 Like

In Poultry industries, they inject steroids in chicken which make them fleshy and chubby and it causes man boobs and extra fat. Sometimes it leads to white hair in young age but fish is great, you can eat it and we consider it as veg.

But why would you wanna do that! Iā€™d kill myself if I ever be a vegetarian :joy::joy::joy:

Well , I am a vegetarian. One year ago , I started eating only eggs because my friend recommends it to me . I continued eating them for 4-5 months. My family has no problem if I eat them or not. Although my whole family is veg. But later , for spirtuality I gave up on them.
Now since lockdown , I am avoiding packet foods and junk foods too . I only eat homemade food now and rarely street or junks .
I want to say that giving up non-veg wonā€™t be that much difficult for you ,If you get disciplined.

4 Likes

Same hereā€¦ Itā€™s very difficult to eat only veg. Even by knowingly,I had fish and yesterday night got nightfall

In France, we have a very rural history so itā€™s not uncommon to still have very local market with farmers that donā€™t use any pesticides / fertilizers for their grain etc and that donā€™t feed their poultry and animals with artificial and harmful chemicals.
The best I would say is to make your own plantations of potato etc and your to raise your own animals for consumption, that way you are sure of what you eat and what you feed them, you can also choose how you treat the animals, the best would be with respect and tradition.

4 Likes

@CarnetDeBordMore Cā€™est tres bon avis, mon ami, but weā€™re in India and my bro here @StealthChopperinbond probably lives in a city :joy: so this kind of pleasure is unhear of. But I agree, my dad doesnā€™t like to eat non-veg in India, only outside India he likes to eat it :joy:
Of course, I donā€™t discriminate and eat chicken whenever I can

1 Like

Your idea is good. In my grandmotherā€™s house we have some plantations of nuts and we practice pisciculture but in city it is impossible.

3 Likes

Hello @StealthChopperinbond

Iā€™ve been reading a book on mindfulness just lately and there were two sentences that I found quite interesting. The theme was how illusions keep you trapped and the book said:

THE ILLUSION OF PLEASURE OR A CRUTCH
THE ILLUSION THAT ITā€™S HARD TO QUIT

The book mentions how these things transfer to addictions (PMO, food, etc.) and lack of mindfulness. How does this relate to your situation? Itā€™s simple, let me explain.

People who are ā€œusedā€ to eat a ā€œstandardā€ non-vegetarian/non-vegan diet have a couple of illusions manifested. The learning of those illusions starts very early on and is enforced by authorities throughout the way. Those authorities are either money interested or lack the knowledge because the field is not well studied (actually it is but some refuse the facts). To see what I mean, Iā€™ll throw some sentences at you and pay attention on how these work both for PMO and eating:

• Although ā€œperhapsā€ itā€™s better not to fap/eat meat, everybody does it so itā€™s okay for me to do so too.
  • Other people say they donā€™t eat meat/fap that often so they can be healthy still. Itā€™s all about ā€œbalanceā€.
  • I experience many problems because of me eating meat/fapping (perhaps Iā€™m not even aware of those problems) but it is my crutch/pleasure/manhood.
  • Only pussies do not fap/eat meat.
  • Your friends all tell you, that you should eat meat/fap because you ā€œneedā€ it.
  • Nobody gets harmed when making ā– ā– ā– ā– /meat/eggs/dairy.
  • I only eat meat/fap to ā– ā– ā– ā–  from responsible sources, so itā€™s ā€œmore ethicalā€.
  • My doctor says I should eat meat/fap because itā€™s good for me (yet the doctor does know little about the topic).
  • Thereā€™s research out there showing that itā€™s better not eat meat/fap it but seemingly 99% of the people do it regardless. How does not everyone know?
  • Donā€™t eat meat/fap and other people will call you extreme.
  • Itā€™s so hard to life a vegan/NoFap life! Quitting is such a challenge!

The beautiful thing is, once you realize that (ā– ā– ā– ā– /meat/dairy/eggs) provides you ā€œnothingā€ you actually need, is not a real pleasure (just a cheap dopamine hijack) and is very easy to escape, you will escape that trap and trust your intuition.

Take care.

Edit:
If you think Iā€™m shitting you, just imagine going to a round of men and tell them ā€œI dontā€™ want to PMO anymoreā€ā€¦ youā€™d get similar responses as you did now:

(just swap vegetarian with fapstronout here :wink: )

not to finger point or blame anybody, just saying that there are massive similarities and escaping both traps can be done in a similar manner. Just food for thoughts.

5 Likes

Dude you just made this personalā€¦ Very personal :expressionless:

1 Like

Just to be clear, none of your points make any sense and I disagree with all of them. I have counter points for all your points but itā€™s too much to type. But Iā€™ll leave you with this. Humans have been eating all kinds of meat since the beginning of humanity. Historically, humans were Hunters first and became farmers much much later. So yea, being a meat eater is not an illusion manifested into human minds by money making industriesā€¦
Meat is an excellent and a legitimate source of protein and protein is essential for a healthy balanced diet.

3 Likes

@GOVIND-19 I accept your point of view and Iā€™m fully aware that trying to control/influence/convince others, regardless if itā€™s over the internet or not, is futile.

I intended to layout examples and a different point of view for @StealthChopperinbond to think about, since he asked for advice. Like others have stated here: depending on the mindset, change becomes easy. Anything else goes way beyond my scope here.

3 Likes

I think vegetarian and non vegetarianā€¦both are rightā€¦ And there is no single correct mode of eating for humans. Humans can adjust to any available type of foods availableā€¦ If all there is meat to eat then non vegs will die and if all vegetables are available then meat eaters will dieā€¦ This happens in animalsā€¦ But not for humansā€¦ This helps humans to survive when other species donā€™t. We humans are apex predators and can survive on anything.

But I must say, every type of food has a limit beyond which they are unhealthy.
If you eat only vegetables rich in oxalates then you will get kidney stones and if you only eat meat then you will get increased uric acid and pain in joints.
Also some food are more healthy than othersā€¦ Vegetables in large quantity and meat in less quantity should be eaten by humans.
There must be a correct ratio of food that is best for humans and it must include all types of food including both vegetables and meat.

Conclusionā€¦You eat what you like toā€¦ Your health is your own matteršŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Alsoā€¦ Food and physical activity are co relatedā€¦ You can live healthy with more vegetables less meat and moderate exerciseā€¦
But to live healthy with lots of meatā€¦ You need to do extreme exercise just like our ancestors whose routine of whole day comprised of hunting, running and surviving.

In todayā€™s worldā€¦ With todayā€™s mode of physical exerciseā€¦ A balanced diet with 60 % vegetables and rest meat, diary and fruits is best.
Unless you are a boxer or wrestler and need to gain musclesā€¦then u need lots of protein and meat

1 Like

Iā€™m a vegetarian boxer, itā€™s not hard to gain weight. Just have to eat a lot to keep up with the strenuous workouts. Itā€™s the same with or without meat, you just have to research and find foods high in protein (beans, nuts, tofu, etc.) to replace meat.

4 Likes

To those who are against vegetarianism/veganism, do understand that it can bring many benefits, environmental and ethical, or even health-wise for some people.

I am meat-eater myself, but some stumbling around the net has lead me to some simple facts that even I have to admit, doing without meat is far better in many ways. If you donā€™t want to read through the pile I wrote, here is a video for it. Simply just skip to the ending of my post after this: https://youtu.be/C1vW9iSpLLk

Environmentally,

1. Many animals produce manure and waste gases that lead to global carbon emission increasing. This easily contributes to a lot of global warming.
  2. To raise an animal, you have to use a certain amount of land to grow the crops that are needed to feed it. Think about raising a cow that takes years to raise. How many hundreds of pounds of grass and amount of land does it need to eat before we eat it? For the same amount of land, we can grow a large number of crops (rice, corn, vegetables) for our own consumption, and it would feed even more people.

Ethically,

1. Many people choose to eat meat even with many nutritious meat substitutes available (there are exceptions, but few), and the reason is simply because meat tastes better. And we know that in most farms, chickens, pigs, cows are mistreated, locked up their lives only to be killed to be served for humans. If you had the choice of mistreating an animal for the pleasure of your tastebuds when there is clearly another choice, would you do it?
  2. ā€œBut animals arenā€™t smart enough. They donā€™t understand pain as much as we do.ā€ Does that mean they donā€™t understand pain at all? There are humans born with defective nervous systems, and they arenā€™t able to feel pain. Would you kill those humans for meat if their meat tasted good? I wouldnā€™t. And I know no matter how less pain animals feel, they still do feel pain, and few farms we know treat animals in healthy ways. Even in those free range farms, how many people find it okay to be fed their whole lives only to be killed to serve when there is another choice? If in a country, healthy humans are painlessly killed for their meat to be served deliciously to you, while it is completely legal within that country, how likely would you eat it? I hope we can all say no.

ā€œWe would feel hurt to see animals dying from eating plastic bags, but we would pay to get them killed? As a meat eater, I am question myself.ā€

Health-wise:

1. For some people, many forms of meat, or at least the common ways it is cooked, makes it unhealthy (deep frying, etc.) It can be healthier to eat meat substitutes, like soybeans, beans, chia seeds, etc.

Sure it sucks. There are companies that are working on making tasty meat substitutes affordable to all, but without being tasty, I think we can all find the reason to reject harming the environment, putting animals to pain for it.

I am aware that I am still a meat eater. But I think that even if we canā€™t let go of eating meat, I think it is important to be aware of the harm it brings, and to support those who go for vegetarianism/veganism. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

I just quit like nothing
It doesnā€™t bother me
Not eating it is the key

2 Likes

From dairy , You mean milk products?

1 Like