How I view technology and how I use it now. My new found love and peace

I have been measuring the time I waste daydreaming, how much time I take to do errands and chores, how much time I read books, study and work, how many hours I sleep etc. I temporarily deleted many dating, social and unimportant apps. Replaced such trivial usage with more important activities like, measuring things with timers, stopwatch, note taking app, calendar, learning & reading apps etc. I’m changing how I view technology. Earlier I used it for leisure, kill time and frivolous activities that doesn’t add any value to my life. But now, my phone is a measuring tool, an assistant, that shows and guides me where I’m wasting time, using time, plan my day and weeks, indulge in binge learning and reading to expand my knowledge about topics that interest me in my personal and career life. Let’s not blame phones for our wrong choices we made in the past. Let’s blame ourselves so that we can* start to rectify and know how to live a self-responsible life by using technology devices to make our lives better and organized. Harmony in between technology, the internet and you is more important to bring a sense a normality in our lives. You always have the option to do the right thing and wrong thing. Which one will you choose? Today’s app choices will determine how smarter you will become tomorrow.

8 Likes

Well said, today I was just thinking to myself that internet is just dubble edged sword you can use for productivity and absolutely learn things that you could never imagine learning in school at your own pace or you can choose its other side which does not help us at all its indeed is a choice we make because many things that you could sit in front of a teacher to teach you are already on our palms to be discovered.

3 Likes

There’s a saying, “today’s choices will determine your future standard of living.” And let me add something here, “today’s app choices will determine how smarter you will become tomorrow.” I’m just an hour away from earning a markup language certificate tonight because I recently spent whole time on an education app (with a high speed internet connection on my cellphone) learning the markup language on my own. That is how we use technology. ■■■■ users use high speed internet technology for self-destruction and learners use high speed internet technology to their advantage to advance their lives. I started using YouTube consciously to learn philosophy, economics, computer language and sciencey things. So I hope you’ll do the same and be up to speed with changing world on the positive side. Cheers :wink:

4 Likes

We never stop learning the ernegy we wasted on pmo will be turned into other directions I want to impact others lives with positivity thus I will learn how to edit and make funny things, I am also very curious in coding tried it in begin of this year but somehow got distracted but I will definetly learn this things, the positive side is the best if you have known the negative side .

1 Like

So true. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It does help see technology from a more positive perspective :blush: