How do you kill your urges, in different situations

Hey there, I have many questions to discuss…
Pointing them out…some of them are -

1. How do you kill your urges in a basic situation like you are watching a television progam?
  1. How do you kill your urges when you are on you bed at midnight where you can’t do excercise and you are almost sleeping…so you can’t concentrate in meditation?

2. You are with your girl…and then…you understood…how do you control that urge?

3. You are giving a speech in front of 5000 people…how do you control an urge a that time…I know you can’t do fap there…but what about loss of confidence…?

1 Like

Here we go, long answer time. Been in all of these situations pretty much.

If it’s the TV that’s triggering me I will turn the TV off, and then I will walk away. I will listen to music or a podcast. That will usually calm me down. And as usual I’ll remind myself it’s only temporary pain for eternal pleasure.

Well usually I don’t meditate or exercise to deal with urges. I’m training my brain to become stronger at fighting. So as usual I’d put music on again and remind myself the urge isn’t that bad. If it ever gets extremely out of control then I’ll go to the bathroom and splash water on my face.

I do have a girlfriend now so I can understand this. I will immediately tell myself that’s not a part of my relationship anymore. ■■■■ can’t harm me and I will not take what little pureness I have and sure as hell not the purity she has. I love her very much and can’t bare to even think about those things. If it persists then I’ll try to refocus that energy to my heart. Where it matters most.

Not quite had this happen, but I believe it crossed my mind while speaking once. It should do me well enough to shake it off and focus. I’m not giving it my all if I’m thinking about ■■■■ in the back of my head. Really speak out every word you’re saying.

Hopefully this helps! Best of luck!

3 Likes

@ChristianMan What are some stuffs you say to your brain when urge hits you ?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.