How do you kill urges?

I’ve been addicted to it since I was little (now I’m 13), it started with fantasizing about it (there was no MO at the time), I’ve known nofap for a year (but didn’t take it seriously at first) and my biggest streak is 9 days and it was my best 9 days in my life, now it’s hard for me to get to the second day as I am often haunted by dirty thoughts (especially at school) and I have no motivation. It is hard for me, there is practically no day that I do not convert, now I am a wreck of a man. I know everything what and how, I meditate every day, learn a new language, etc. but it’s for nothing … Someone will advise me on how to fight the urges?
(Sorry for my bad English)

2 Likes

Bro i dont know this will work or not i am also struggling rightnow with this addiction . I am going to track every hour i spent on nofap and then cross that day on my calender. Tracking of 24 hour is like having 2 transparent glasses or jar or anthing you can see in them having 24 marble paper clip anything you wish to keep and transfering them to next jar when i complete 1 hr. In the morning i will have 8 hr headstart on the day as i have completed them already in sleep

2 Likes

ok, i will try it, thanks bro

1 Like

I would say those urges are a real mind breaker. Once they come, they takeover the person completely until the person indulge to satiate them. Urges can not be controlled , but the capacity to indulge can be although it requires a lot of mental fortitude.

1. Try to stay away from the medium you will use to indulge( smartphone, desktop etc.)
  2. Talk to people around you about various topics. ( try to distract yourself)
  3. Get out of your house/ place where the medium exists.
  4. Use an app blocker.
  5. Start an intensive workout session(what I do). Exercise/ sports that leave you fatigued.

Urges can not be controlled, but they do have a duration. Once they pass, things come back to normal.

1 Like

BRO CHECK MY GREAT TEACHINGS GREAT LIFE (GTGL) forum page.
There I have given 5 tips to control instant urge. Check that out

Hope that it helps u

1 Like

Thanks,I will check it

Gym, gym and more gym.
Always works for me.
Also gives a huge boost of mood harmony.

1 Like

Thank you for your help

The best answer to the question.

1 Like

There are quite a lot of workout challenges out there. For e.g, 500 push ups , squats , 50 pull ups, dips, 300 sit ups per day for a month. You can follow suite. Every time you get an urge, you simply leave everything and start working out ON THE SPOT. Not only will it decrease the urges, but also build your physique. Doing this will increase your confidence doublefold.

1 Like

Remember, an urge is not a reminder to indulge, but a reminder to workout. The more urges you have, the more you force yourself to workout. This way you convert that which is a curse into a boon.

1 Like

thanks a lot, I’m starting my adventure with trainings today

1 Like

Hey kid,
Trust me you are living your best life now… school time is the best of best…
I will just suggest that do not spoil it… because this is the memory you create for the rest of your life …
Once you are out of this you will be vulnerable to a hell lot of things…
Just live this life…make as many friends as you can… because there will be you true friend for life time…

1 Like

Upfront urges never go away in your lifetime. You ability to redirect the energy towards positive outcomes is key. How you respond to your Urges is up to you. Cave and dishearten yourself or fast/prayer etc. New lvl will attract new enemies.

I love you but I can’t learn it for you brother

1 Like

You don’t kill urges. You just change your mindset toward urges.
As long as you are a healthy man you’ll have urges there’s no denying it but just set some ground rules for yourself what you won’t do when urges strike, like not touching the dick should be the first thing on the list. Add your weak spots (which you will learn from failures probably) to the list and completely eliminate them.

3 Likes

Well, since you’re only 13 there must be lot of hormonal rush in your body due to puberty. So at first you need to make you understand why you want to do nofap. For starting nofap it’s very important. Otherwise you dont even feel the motivation for work out, cold showers, less uses of phone. You are doing no fap because it will make you the best version of yourself and you will be the out of prison. And you need to observe which thing triggers your urges. Mark those things and avoid those. Or if accidentally triggers came up and you feel the urges, immediately shifts to other work like excercise, cold showers or go outside for a walk. Main thing you need to replace your urges by engaging other work. By following this and remembering why are doing this give you a better result.

2 Likes

Listen to the easypeasy ebook on YouTube, it explains urges and what they mean

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.