Hi all! New here! How not to do it at night before sleep?

The night seems so long especially now on that i’m locked up at home. Any tips on how not to do it at night before sleeping? Thanks in advance! I hope I can be a companion too!

3 Likes

I understand what you feel, I was also a night doer I won’t get sleep unless I do so.

Sometimes I won’t get any sleep till I do it, but that thing is we need to be in control instead of being a slave to our mind.

Try focusing on something else, and make yourself very tried before going to bed by doing some exercise or whatever which will make you tired (Except PMO) try this you will find piece.

If you need any other details, let me know we are not alone, we are in this together :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I tried watching movies before sleep but I still have little time to do it so I failed. But i’ll try your advice - to get tired. I’ll think of something to do to get me tired at night. Thanks EvilMorty! Regards to Rick

1 Like

Plan your day.

You have to wake up early in the morning to achieve your daily goals. Schedule your day.
Work hard for the tasks you scheduled each day.

Then tell me if you can sleep before time or not. And whether sleeping with day’s satisfaction, instead of getting depressed by fapping.

3 Likes

:joy::v:

I would suggest not to watch movies at night as it may trigger some sexual thoughts but if it’s family friendly movie just go for it.

1 Like

Okay i’ll take note on that. I’ll do tasks early in the day. I have to make a big change because my daily work is in front of a computer. So i’ll do tasks that requires body movement. Thanks strongwillpower!

1 Like

You’re damn right! Those movies I watched have those scenes. Really helpful thanks! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Do exercises and meditate

2 Likes

Actually any form of media should better be avoided at night, including phone and other media. The blue light emitted harms melatonin production and affects the quality of your sleep.
I occasionally use media before sleeping, but only for studies, which are necessary.
Another thing to do would be to use yellow and not white lights about an hour before you sleep. Again, white light hinders your sleep.( Conversely, if you want to focus or study, white light is the best)
Take some time and read a book or journal too.
Practice clearing your thoughts before sleeping.

1 Like

Tie ur hand i guess
Aur give ur phone to ur mother

1 Like

Went through same phase. I don’t know this will work for you or not. But it worked for me. Have proper meal before you sleep. If your stomach is empty or half filled you won’t feel sleepy. So have your night meal properly. After your meal have glass of warm milk (you can add ashwaganda powder for greater benifit). Keep a small lamp ON in your room. Basically your room shouldn’t be completely dark. At the last. Listen to some melodious music. I recommend instrumental music like flute. Never include those songs which has lyrics (which may make you think and your brain doesn’t get rest) set timer for 30min and close your eyes and enjoy the music. If your don’t fall sleep even after 30min. Set timer for another 30min and listen to the music. Try this tonight and let me know your experience.

3 Likes

I think you’re also right. Sleeping habit is one of the problem. Ok i’ll keep this in mind later. Thanks Suraj!

2 Likes

You can try reading a novel before going to bed. As it will make your eyes feel tired and automatically you will fall asleep.

1 Like

I’m not use to reading tbh. But i’m willing to try. Would you recommend any? Please do message me. Thanks saviourcode

You can start reading novel which is a sequel so that you remain engrossed in reading. I am currently reading Dan Brown’s Robert Langdon Novels. It is interesting and captivating to read. Full of factual science.

2 Likes

See your phone only when you are sitting and don’t take it to bed atleast in the initial days.
Reason for not falling asleep is inefficient relaxation in the body hence breathing techniques to relax can be helpful.
Finally and most importantly,have a fixed time for sleep and go to bed atleast 30 min before that time.
Like every other preparation for exam or event in life this too requires commitment and DISCIPLINE.

1 Like

Thank y’all for suggestions. I managed to be on 3rd day streak today. I know I still have a long way to go as I was still fixing on my sleeping habit. Hoping to see more discussions on staying healthy. Thanks again! :ok_hand:

It’s being the same for me tonight, but I’m trying to read some stuff here and It’s getting away from temptation, also I’m sure that in any moment I’m going to fall asleep :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll start reading it now. Thanks!

Good for you. Keep going ! Feel free also to share book recommendation