Getting motivation from Movies

“Shawshank redemption” is on the best movies I have ever seen. I like to see it from the perspective of Nofap. The man is imprisoned, just like we are imprisoned inside this addiction. One of the famous quotes in the movie “That’s all it takes, pressure and time.” How that man, with his persistent efforts and immovable paitence, breaks out of that prison after 20 years is just laudable. Sure, he faced many tough times in the jail, but it didn’t stop him from achieving his goal. Similarly, we, like Andy Dufrain, have to be paitent, have to be persistent and move past our difficulties and hardships because there is a bright future waiting for us at the end of that 5 football field equivalent sewage pipe. Just keep moving and you will come out a victor​:muscle::wink:
#NofapForever

13 Likes

You can share any of your movie experience which you found inspirational.

3 Likes

The persuit of happiness
Good will hunting
The bucket list

9 Likes

Scent of a woman
Into the wild

2 Likes

This film is one of my favorite of many ones but I remember that when I watched it I had 20 years old I guess … the important thing is that I adore it because this movie focus on the concept of no one understand your weak understanding of something can be easy for many but not ok for you …
This child and his suffering was very matching with me about "difficult to calculate and to understand numbers … "
It’s difficult to live with this , specially my father anf his bothering about I have to do this I have … and I understand my pain when he beat me in the night when he came after work and desided to study with me the math I was 7 years old … it was a mortal beat … Yes , he beats me till the dead , it was a big , big , suffer from the deep inside … because I really don’t understand … he doesn’t want this … he always want from me to be genius … I know that any parent wants for his child the greatest but beside that my dad forget the concept of respect me .
There are people came to you to heal this , of course, now I was very shocked by one of them, but my hope is great, as god provided me with him in the past, I will amuse me with the future, for it is life, my friend .

3 Likes

Life of Pi

Spoiler alert

It’s really similar to nofap journey isn’t it. We are Pi, urges are Richard Parker. We will tame the tiger who is trying to eat us.

1 Like
  1. BirdBox - hit me as a powerful metaphor against PMO

2. Saving Private Ryan - “Ryan…Earn…This…EARN IT.”
    Will never Forget that moment and the impact it had on Ryan and me.

3. Hacksaw Ridge -
    “Dear Lord…Please…get me get one more. Lord… please…help me get one more…”

4. Schindler’s List -
    Heartbreaking, amazing movie, but has hella triggers. Not recommended for that reason.

5. 12 Years a Slave

6. Letters from Iwo Jima

These are just copied from my journal. I try to get something of worth, soemthing that moved me from every single movie, anime, or series episode I watch. Movies are powerful af mediums, but unless you get something worthwhile from them that motivates and inspires you, they are not worth it.

1 Like