Feeling desperate & lost

Hey guys, today I feel so depressed because I remembered some sad memories, it got to the point where I don’t see why I should remain alive, everything in my life is in shambles… and I know that it is during this time that I must remain strong and not relapse, I finally almost made it past a week in about an hour.
I cannot let my efforts being taken away from me…
Hear that voice in my head that tells meto relapse, and I saw some trigerring images on youtube, now I KNOW that the devils do indeed exist and they’re trying to break my streak
This happened to me back in July where I broke my streak of 61 days just the day before the holidays…
I don’t how to fix my life anymore, I have so many so many things to take care of…
My brain is telling me “what’s the point of no fap if you’re not gonna change your life style ?” I know it is true but problem is I don’t know where to start…

5 Likes

Bro may be you are in flatline. I also felt same sad thoughts after my longest 2 months streak. Our body always resist changes. Bro whenever you feel sad just listen to a happy and soothing song and watch some funny videos and comedy. All of the sadness will go away…

4 Likes

Thanks man, I know that I have to keep going and kick away these obstacles…

2 Likes

Bro our dopamine receptors are healing and once they are healed we will be able to enjoy life again. But must Avoid prn…

3 Likes

Please go see a good therapist if you feel suicidal. If you don’t have the money, then please ask a friend or anyone who cares for money for therapy. Therapy is not enough in itself, and you may have try a few therapists before finding one who suits you, but it is a huge help. Also, please build a support system and gradually begin to confide in people who you feel you can trust. Please don’t expect yourself to be perfect, and please don’t expect people you decide to trust to be perfect either.

Allow yourself the opportunity to feel the sadness, grief and pain at a bodily level when it comes over you (but without unnecessarily getting into a negative thought spiral). Many a times, we resist the experience of these feelings, considering them to be evidence of a problem, whereas they are actually the sign of healing of past trauma.

There are great videos on YouTube that help deal with past trauma. Try out some of them.

Pick any one place and start there.

Also, think of your NoFap journey as a way of retain precious physical and mental energy without which your body-mind system will not have the resources to come up with solutions to your problem, and will instead default to negative thought patterns. That way, you’ll be able to have a practical perspective on your NoFap effort, rather than it being something that you beat yourself up over or get overly psyched about.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply, ok I will try to

1 Like

Indeed no matter what, PMO is like pouring salt on a wound.

2 Likes

Don’t worry bro, you are going through a flatline. This happens with everyone. It’s due to the lack of Dopamine level in body. We addicts are so used to high dosage of Dopamine that when our body doesn’t get the same amount or more, we feel depression. Our brain try to trick us by bringing old memories so that we move towards a relapse. But I can tell you this. RELAPSE IS NO GOOD. Go through this pain, and you will come out with flying colors.

“If you are going through hell, keep going.”

4 Likes

I see that definitely explains it, thank you let’s do our best.

1 Like

You were offended by my language pertaining to Allah in another post. Reside in him and make the changes you know you have to make