ERNOL's Notes ☀

U can do it man, I believe in u.

4 Likes

Ah yes. 1 more day to go. :blush:
Then i’m gonna set another goal,
God willing(inshaAllah).

4 Likes

I have finished 30 days.
Setting next goal to be 37 days. To keep my target within my grasp and stay motivated.

10 Likes

Congrats bro!:clap::clap:
Keep going👍

4 Likes

You too my bro.
Forward! :clap:

4 Likes

This is what i have used to stay clean in my journey. I have shared this before with some people. Now I am putting it here in case it benefits others. It will also be available on top of my diary for easy access.
It can be a long read for the taste of some people. I will say take your time. And understand what I have written down.
There are 4 sections. Read them in that order. Each section can be seen using drop down arrow symbol:

This journey is about just one day. Today.

I take it one day at a time. To me this journey is about just one day. Today. I know just today in my life i won’t be doing PMO.

This used to be me months ago:

“It’s just one day at a time. Just one day. Don’t think about how many days. When wake up make conscious decision that i am not doing it today. Live your life.”

After making this a habit, in present days, i don’t have to do it when i wake up anymore. It has become ingrained in my brain.

For some people one day may seem tough. If that’s the case i will say give yourself breathing room and “take it one urge at a time”:

Your reasons

Your reasons are important. Once i found good enough reasons my streaks skyrocketed. Just because: now i care more about staying clean and see myself succeed. I cared. doesn’t matter how i’m feeling now, good or bad, I care about staying clean. and That kept me clean.

Take this for example. When I saw things like this I asked myself i also have urge like this. same as him. totally same. But at this urge I relapsed. But he is not. He did not give in. Why? Because for some reason this person wants to not relapse.

As I said before, Once i found good enough reasons, I cared. and That kept me dedicated to stay clean. my streaks skyrocketed.

i found many reasons live a noPMO life, during my journey. But they were not written down/compiled in one location. I am thankful to the forum because When I joined “Last person standing challenge” in the forum, one of the task was to do this:

for these questions wrote down as many answers as i can. like a list having 1, 2, 3,… and so on. I will suggest you to do same. write down answers for the two questions.

if you need idea how it should look, read this to get ideas: Why You want To quit

Your reason need to be good enough that you care enough to not relapse. and Read your answers daily.

also this: :point_down:

My advice would be, reread it also when feeling like giving into an urge. Over the course of years, i have been damaged so much that now i have all them listed (like in a note in my phone). It is synced across all my devices(so i have access to it all the time. even when I am lying in bed). I read it and realize there is no point in going back.

But Your reasons need to be good enough that you care enough to not relapse whenever you have an urge. That’s the point: :point_down:

See the trend? 3 different people using the same thing.

Discipline is the next piece of the puzzle

(the image was shared by user Aragorn I think) Anyway, if anyone asks me how can I be Disciplined? The image has the answer. This is what you want most: staying clean from this addiction.

Why do you need to be disciplined? :

You are all set. Now the only problem you may face are "big" urges

Some urges can give you big trouble. With all the mindset i mentioned before, if you are equipped with those mindset, now you have to do only one thing: You have to find a method to deal with big urge. When there’s urge for example, Special_Bird goes out and runs outside. Some people simply go and talk with family members/works in front of family members rather than being alone at that time. point is, you have to do something else that is most beneficial to you to prevent relapse.

Remember: “Urge comes, urge goes.”

urge always goes away. Having this knowledge is enough to give you the strength to not relapse. You just have to let the urge pass. with time the urge will go away. During that time, you have to do something else that is most beneficial to you to prevent relapse.

And don’t worry about when the urge will go away, why is it not going away and worry and worry. Thinking that way about urge won’t help. rather do something that will shift your focus. For example, I play chess because it makes me think about winning rather than the urge i’m having.

During such urge don’t peek cause it is the doorway to relapse. And you are opening that door. keep yourself occupied and urge will eventually vanish away.

any comment/resource I used, credit goes to the rightful authors.

Btw for this journey you need 2 things: your ‘mindset/attitude/dedication’ and ‘plan to deal with urge.’

What i shared with you talks about mindset.

But you MUST have plan to deal with urge also. there are many technique to deal with urge in the forum. If you need them knock me. I will send what i have.

8 Likes

Congrats bro✨ @ERNOL
Keep going strong.:weight_lifting_man:‍♂

4 Likes

Thank you bro. Yes. Let’s keep going. Together!:+1:

2 Likes

Interesting short video

A point from the video:
Recognize your trigger. Manage your trigger.

6 Likes

37days complete.
Setting next goal to be 44 days. Same drill.

3 Likes

I chose to do 100 pushups daily as part of a challenge a month ago. Now that 1 month is complete.

While i couldn’t do 100 pushups daily due to time, i did as much as i could no matter how small that number was.

Now 1 month later i can do more pushups.

Lesson learned: no matter what it is if you are constantly devoted no matter how little and also push yourself, you will improve.

6 Likes

Brother, thank you for this, from the bottom of my heart. I have been winging this from the beginning of my journey and it gave me just an 11 day streak, and 2, 2 day streaks. I realise for proper results, I needed a proper plan, a strategy and execute that. This post of yours inspired me to do just that.

Also, if you could send me those deal with the urge plans you talked about, it would be so helpful. As I type this, I am writing down my ideas and thoughts, but never hurts too have too much experience or insight, right? :smile: Once again, thank you @ERNOL . You have given me a positive boost I desperately needed.

2 Likes

@neetwarrior I am happy to be able to help a brother out. :hugs: It means a lot.
Regarding the techniques to deal with urge, currently i don’t need to use them these days. I can count on my mindset(i.e. I simply do not want to go back).

So, I have to dig up the techniques tbh. I have em saved stored somewhere i am sure.
I will send them Asap. When i am free.
It is not as organized as my guide tho iirc. So you have to do some reading. I will send them. Feel free to read them.

And

Never feel disheartened at failures. We can feel bad and that’s ok. But what we don’t do is that we get depressed and give up. No, rather we bring ourselves back to life.
When there’s failure,
Fix your emotion and then get back to the drawing board for next streak. And keep trying. If you do that long enough there will be improvements.

I forgot to add that part in my guide but it is very important to keep in mind.

I love this community and thank taher for creating this place.

5 Likes

44 days complete
Next target is 50 days. Because if i can get half-century it will automatically motivate me to get a full century.

8 Likes

Day 46 update: feeling kinda frustrated but i think it’s not to the point that i should be worried. I have to keep an eye out that this frustration does not become a problem.
I want to make it to 50 days.

6 Likes

I have made it 50 days somehow. It was not easy for me.
I am trying for 60 days next.

4 Likes

Congratulations on reaching 50 days again brother!

You can do this man, focus on taking it one day at a time. Deal with the obstacles ahead of you today and repeat the same tomorrow.

Stay strong and GOD bless.

2 Likes

Don’t say somehow, it’n a coincidence, u made it this far through will power,determination,drive and commitment. Give ur self more credit, and believe in ur self more because we all know one moment of doubt or weakness is all it takes to go back.

3 Likes

Hi Angelo.
There has not been any moment of doubt or weakness. And i acknowledge that i made it this far through will power,determination,drive and commitment. I guess i should have given a little explanation.

The story here is that, the last urges were strong. Which is why i wrote somehow i made it haha(and i don’t have any weakness of doubt because of it).
Even just this night i had a nightfall which is rare for me.

But good news is hopefully my body will cool down and reset itself because of the nightfall. That’s what usually happens for me.

2 Likes

And i appreciate your comment @Angelo34 :+1:
Thank you.