Cravings for junk food

Hey guys. I know this is an offtopic discussion but just wanted to know how can I minimise these cravings. Like I know I have to eat fruits instead of junk snacks but then also when snacks come in front I forget everything and start eating.

Also I am not able to eat mindfully during lunch or dinner :sweat_smile:. I do it for some time then thoughts pop up and then I end up eating in less than 15 mins which is not good.

If anyone of you can please share your valuable opinions on this two would be a great help for me :pray:

Thank you.

3 Likes

Go and begin to exercise. Beware of the fact that junk food will ruin all your hardwork in a moment, so you must keep away from them to have a good physique and look attractive. Man, you also wanted to grow taller, right? You are only 19 man, you can do all of that only by eating the right food. Keep in mind that everytime you eat a burger, you’re losing a week of cardio or 10 km run in simple words. Do you want that to happen to you?
I must also tell you from my personal experience that junk food increases sexual urges and often leads one to relapse. So, beware and take care.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I will stay away from junk food. Btw it seems you know everything about me :joy::joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, you told everything about yourself in one of your past threads here. :joy:

1 Like

First of all this is not an offtopic , Diet plays a really important role in Nofap journey.
Let me tell you how I got control over junk food. Around a year ago, I used to eat junks daily , Having no control over me. Then the lockdown period happened in march , and all shops were closed. So I was not able to get them so much. In those months I only ate homemade food and tbh they didn’t felt different. After that I controlled my tongue , Now I never eat junk except on special occassions. I can proudly say I have reduced 95% consumption of junk foods. My tongue no longer have control on me.

When food doesn’t feel tasty we usually leave it , But If we leave the lust of taste instead of food , Then the problem will solve.
Control your lust.
One more tip ,Don’t keep so much money in your hands when you outside.

2 Likes

Okay broooooo. I will limit my junk food consumption. I will replace that with fruits . Thank you brother.

3 Likes

Good , just remove the lust of taste. You won’t feel any need of it.

1 Like

Bro but the problem is when it comes in front I am not able to get over this lust. It just takes over me . I think it’s because of habits over past years. I need to take baby steps. Need to cultivate good habits of eating healthy first.

1 Like

Hi @Deep

I have experienced this and I can give my opinion on how I had conquered this. First, a good lifestyle is important. If you do adequate exercise, you will slowly develop a love for your body which will help you in getting over your high love for the junk food. After you have taken care of your lifestyle, I think you will notice gradual increase in your willpower to avoid junk food. And now, your focus should be to not eat any junk food for some days, like 2-3 weeks or so. You will slowly notice that your cravings will stop decreasing as the neural pathway in your brain which is responsible for your cravings will gradually weaken over time. I had followed this and I was very successful in getting over my love for the junk food. As far as I know, the junk food contains some items (maybe high salt etc.) which may be addictive for many people and it is partly the reason why we experience huge cravings for junk foods like potato chips, pizza, burger etc.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And yeah! I would like to add one more important point which had helped me. If we look around us, we would find several food items which are healthy as well as very tasty. For instance, fruits come to my mind. So if taste is the problem that’s stopping you from not eating the junk food, then consider consuming enough tasty and healthy foods like fruits etc. instead of the junk food. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man. I will workout on a daily basis and consume healthy food.

1 Like

Bro involve ur self in other activities.Decide one goal each day bro.

2 Likes