Comingclean's [24 F] diary&thoughts | habits • stress • notes

Go you!:running_woman:t3: And I do agree to the quote from the book you are reading. It points to our vulnerable moments…when our guard is down. If we could be more aware of those situations we could be a step ahead.

2 Likes

Yes. We have to develop the skill to monitor ourselves and distract ourselves in time. :muscle:

Now a Bible verse popped into my mind, I’m gonna look for it and write down it here because it’s related to this topic.

1 Corinthians 6:18 (New International Version)
(1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;)

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

Flee
Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary

( v. i. ) To run away, as from danger or evil; to avoid in an alarmed or cowardly manner; to hasten off; – usually with from. This is sometimes omitted, making the verb transitive.

And a bonus one:

1 Timothy 6:11 (New Living Version)
But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.

2 Likes

So, May 22 - June 5 it is.

Thank you for having me. :pray:

@The_virtuoso and @Attempt_Two_Electric_Boogaloo, It would be nice to share the improvements in our day regarding to nofap, excercise, school, a hobby etc. with each other. :ok_hand:
Do you have a diary? I’d be glad if I could read what progress did you make each day. :blush::raised_hands:

2 Likes

I kept a diary including my dreams for a few days, but since I’ve disconnected my computer, I haven’t been keeping it. Typing on a phone is just not as easy. I am also wondering what purpose there is to writing down my dreams. I started doing it to eventually be able to lucid dream, where you can decide what happens. Maybe I should continue with it, as I had a wet dream last night, which I could have stopped. (When I have to pee in a dream, I have a wet dream lol, at least I never wet the bed)

As I currently have nothing to do for two months or so, I need something to keep busy with (except wasting time on YouTube, which is useless and slows my recovery).

1 Like

I see. It can be short like mines (‘ran 5 km today’). Whatever you’d prefer:) Just let me know if you start a diary.

Should I just add it to this thread every day? So everyone can read along, or would you prefer it through a private group?

1 Like

We can make a private group.

1 Like

I think I’m addicted to this app. I’m not happy about it. :sweat_smile:
I have to reduce the time I spend here. :scream:

4 Likes

Thanks for this encouragement. I can’t help but think of 2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I would rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

It is in our weakness that God’s strength is indeed evident.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:I feel you. One can easily get soaked in to reading the encouraging stories and all. I think it’s cause one feels a sense of belonging and hope. But yeah, we shouldn’t get addicted.:grin: We have enough on our hands.

3 Likes

I felt a little depressed yesterday and I woke up sad today again. It bothers me, because I can’t really find a reason behind it. The shamef thought of doing MO came in to my mind a couple of times but it’s no option anymore. I’m quitting it for a lifetime, as @strongwillpower said.

So I can feel this way probably because I haven’t left the house yesterday and neither did any excercise.

6 Likes

You’ll quit this addiction fot lifetime. I believe in you.

This is the past. It’s gone. No one can change it.
What we can do is not to get carried away by our past and only focus on how we can improve our future. How can we convert ourself into best version of ourself.

4 Likes

It’s not a depression :wink: It’s just a flatline. Hormones are doing roller coaster when you’re curing an addiction. Do your stuff and that feeling will go away. I see you’re going straight to your goal. So just keep going and don’t dissapoint me.

2 Likes

Thank you guys @strongwillpower, @neo_150 and @Hubinho.
I’ve been baking some goods in the afternoon, I feel better now.

I also tried to do the same thing with this moodswing as I do with urges, switching focus, distracting myself. It kind of worked. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I made a playlist on Youtube, I collected some of the best encouraging songs/worship songs I know. (I was listening to this during baking.)

I share it with you just in case you’ll ever need it.

1. Jordan Feliz - Never too far gone
  2. Matt Redman - Mercy
  3. UPPERROOM - Surrounded (Fight My Battles)
  4. TobyMac - Fighting For You Heart
  5. Jordan Feliz - The River
  6. For KING&CONTRY - God Only Knows
  7. For KING&CONTRY - Shoulders
  8. Jeremy Camp - Dead Man Walking
  9. Tenth Avenue North - By Your Side
  10. Martin Smith - Song of Solomon
  11. Josh Garrels - Born Again
  12. Rend Collective - Rescuer
  13. Rend Collective - Every Giant Will Fall
  14. Jesus Culture - Defender
  15. Red Rocks Worship - Breakthrough
7 Likes

I don’t want to be rude, but this is the way of thinking I’m trying to avoid at any cost. It’s a way of using somebody and has nothing to do with a healthy, loving relationship.

8 Likes

This is day 13.

Sometimes I have mental urges during the day but they’re less and less frequent, because I distract myself and change focus sooner and sooner day by day.

I’ve been thinking about how broken is the mindset and ideology about s*xuality and love lately.
It’s really messed up.

5 Likes

These verses hit me in the middle today. I called myself a Christian so long and never really knew what was it about.

The old way of life has to go

And so I insist—and God backs me up on this—that there be no going along with the crowd, the empty-headed, mindless crowd.

They’ve refused for so long to deal with God that they’ve lost touch not only with God but with reality itself.

They can’t think straight anymore. Feeling no pain, they let themselves go in sexual obsession, addicted to every sort of perversion.

But that’s no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus.

Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything—and I do mean everything—connected with that old way of life has to go.

It’s rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.

What this adds up to, then, is this: no more lies, no more pretense. Tell your neighbor the truth. In Christ’s body we’re all connected to each other, after all. When you lie to others, you end up lying to yourself.

Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 4:17‭-‬25‭, ‬31‭-‬32 MSG
https://bible.com/bible/97/eph.4.17-32.MSG

5 Likes

Well I think monogamous relationship are the best kind

So you’re telling that the solution for PMO is a monogamous relationship. Nice idea. Doesn’t work. :sweat_smile:

However, I’d suggest downloading a dating app instead of wasting your time here. :v:

4 Likes