Comingclean's [24 F] diary&thoughts | habits • stress • notes

Recently I’ve been using a trick to reduce my time on Youtube. Instead of it I started a course on Coursera about learning techniques (Learning how to learn.) So I can/have to watch videos but they inspire me to study.

4 Likes

I’m reinventing my morning routine and try to refound my faith: spending a half or an hour with Bible reading, praying, meditating on God’s word, reading books.

In tha last couple days I was reading Proverbs and the book of Jude and found some great verses that show hope and a way out.

I’m collecting them here:

Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
through the fear of the Lord evil is avoided.

Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright avoids evil;
those who guard their ways preserve their lives.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 16:32 Better a patient person than a warrior,
one with self-control than one who takes a city.

Proverbs 17:10 A rebuke impresses a discerning person
more than a hundred lashes a fool.

Proverbs 17:15 Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent—
the Lord detests them both.

Proverbs 18:12 Before a downfall the heart is haughty,
but humility comes before honor.

Jude 1:17-22
A Call to Persevere

But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Amen.

5 Likes

I know some of you don’t watch Youtube/listen to music so I’d like to share the lyrics of a truly encouraging song I was listening yesterday.

Rend Collective - Every Giant Will Fall

'Every giant will fall, the mountains will move
Every chain of the past, You’ve broken in two
Over fear, over lies, we’re singing the truth
That nothing is impossible with You
With You

There is hope within the fight
In the wars that rage inside
Though the shadows steal the light
Your love is my battle cry
The anthem for all my life

https://youtu.be/EF84v-oOhp0

Every Giant Will Fall!

Have hope and be free. :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I had four exams in the last 7 days and I got four As. I feel thankful and happy. :raised_hands:

I had no hard urges, I think I’m too happy* and busy, they don’t have space in my schedule:D

*Restoring my faith definetely one of the key. Or THE KEY.

7 Likes

@comingclean You are winner

I wanted to see both of us winning. :cry:

2 Likes

Nice keep going…one day you will say ‘i made it’

3 Likes

Yeah, with God’s help nothing is impossible. I’d like to help others later with similar issues. :muscle:

5 Likes

Note to myself: Good things are worth waiting for.

3 Likes

Little revision time today.

I watched this video again that @HappySoul recommended to me. Still blows my mind away how helpful this is in so many areas of our life. Not just with nofap but wirt anxiety, loneliness, frustration, boredom… I’m so thankful for hearing this.

3 Likes

I run on every second or third day. :blush:
Luckily, I know some stuff about sport, warming up and streching etc.

I’d like to start cold showers but honestly it’s not a comfortable thought. But this is exactly the point… meh, I should really try it.

2 Likes

I feel like this is so true…well, at least for me as well. A good sleeping routine is really key. Puts you in a right state of mind if I may put it that way.

1 Like

We could start a challenge maybe? My sharing code is eom7lb. We can start with a 14 day challenge. Currently on a short streak of 3 days but definitely a victory by all means. If you are in others and following up could be a challenge it’s all good.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, it’s quite important. :ok_hand:

I like the idea! I’m in. :slight_smile: Thank you for inviting me.
so May 22-June 5 ?

my code: sev3i3

From the book Sw*pe right:

‘The enemy is going to attack you. Be prepared.
Be careful when you feel weak.
When you’re weary.
When you have a bad day, received bad news or when you’re in a bad mood.
And especially… if you’re hungry.
Then you have to tell yourself: now is the time when you are in danger so you have to be really careful.’

5 Likes

Could I participate in the challenge?

My code is kii4x0

1 Like

I ran 4,5 km today. It gets easier to achieve my goal every time.

4 Likes

Yeap! June 5th it is!:muscle:t5: Let’s do this!:smiley: You are welcome and thank you as well for honouring the invite.:relieved:

1 Like

Sure, why not? We are here to help each other.:blush:

1 Like