"Check-in" Daily - diary challenge

Week 3 day 2. At the border of relapse, but still clean.

3 Likes

Checking in - Day 3 of week 4. Wednesday, 28th Nov 2018. All Ok.

Experienced some emotional turmoil last night, felt exhausted in the morning, but feeling ok now :slight_smile: Still on vacation btw… Loving every minute!

4 Likes

Week 4 Check-in Day 3 - nada.

“…give time for the dullness to pass, but in the meantime avoid thinking anything about your relapse and drawing conclusions. You can make your future strategy after three or four days have passed…” @adequatemonty

Do not read this completely
@anon67854825
I belive I’ve got something to share. Seeing any of our fellow brothers(and sisters) relapse pains me.
There are two points that I am going to make. And I think anyone on nofap would find helpful.

1. If anyone of you have got a habit of gazing at those parts of girls. Always, make sure that whenever you look at someone(even strangers) you look at their their face. Observe their expression, put yourself into their shoes. You will feel the cheerfulness, the agony, the smile,the pain, etc that they are going through . It not only makes you aware of you your current crooked state of mind but also helps to develop respect for women and men alike. It allows you to percieve them as human beings than just toys.

2. This one holds the most importance (as per my thinking). I have used it effectively to make my present streak of 35 days (and I am sure I am going a lot further.) Hence, I consider it worthy enough to be shared.
    To tame your mind to work according to your will, use the following analogy.
    Think of your mind as a 5 yr old kid. Your body as some form of vehicle (preferably a car). Yourself as his parent (as some form of energy, prana as they say in India).
    When you feel your mind is not in your control, think of it as the kid is driving the car and not you. Gently ask the control back( toddlers are not allowed to drive cars, you know😜).
    Whenever you feel depressed, happy, sad and so on, think of it as your kid(the mind) has got an A-grade in his class or has got beaten up by a bully (these may vary, as per your thoughts) . Make sure you tell him that you(as a parent) are always there to support him. Always there to guide him to the right path. That you will never let him fail(or fall).Take him in your arms, as he cries(the urges) to have the forbidden candy and console him. When the mind does something wrong, be strict with him. Don’t allow him his candies ( by not doing the stuff you like). And so on. Be a good parent. Watch your toddler grow up into a man. Guide him on the path. Be patient. Know that children take time to grow. Watch him do mistakes, watch him learn. DON’T let him ruin his ‘life’, as a parent shouldn’t .
    The idea that I put in play here is that children by their very nature are playful and restless(like our addicted minds). However, as they grow up to become adults they become stable. I was wondering ‘How does this happen?’ and the most satisfying answer that i could come up with was ‘parents’. So, here it is.
    Hope it helps. :blush:
    Btw, I gave the instruction at the beginning to make you reach here. And here you are.

5 Likes

Crap, crap, crap! I’m going to reset tomorrow. :frowning:

1 Like

@anon67854825 Thanks for the mention bro but I’m not sure I understood… Did you find it helpful what I suggested?

1 Like

Yep :pray: it’s goooood :smile::+1:

1 Like

Awesome :smile:

2 Likes

Check in day 4
Feeling more comfortable with talking to people, more in control, more of being my self. And i LOVE IT.

3 Likes

day 3

looking good. went for running

4 Likes

Thursday, 29th November 2018

Lets go!

1 Like

Checking in - Day 4 of week 4. Thursday, 29th Nov 2018. Experiencing very traumatic memories. Tough day. No relapse though.

3 Likes

It is week 4 and day 4
And it has been a properly clean streak

I totally like @MrXYZ writings.
That number one and two will surely help to change behaviour

4 Likes

India and my sharing code is dq85fr

1 Like

@thestranger48 Welcome to Rewire and this little group/challenge.
I’ve added you to The Poll, the rules are simple, just Check-in every day, good or bad!

Chicken Day 4 / Week 4

Last few days have been horrible,
smoked weed, had an idle mind, woke up late missing my privilege of being able to go to Mass before work.

That small bit of advise from @adequatemonty was the perfect thing at the perfect time.

“let the dullness pass, avoid making conclusions”

Today has been good.
I did get up early enough to get into prayer mode before working.
Pushed myself (though it’s probably better to do practical achievable things at times like these. cleaning/organising been doing some of that too, and sorting out the office.

I missed Tai Chi class this week, as I just felt awful, but, but, But!! I did sing with the choir tonight, And it was goooooood! :pray:

Busy day tomorrow.
True generosity is giving time to others.

Current streak - 1 Day 22 hours

1 Like

Friday, 30th November 2018

Early check-in

1 Like

Check in day 5
Im becoming more and more serious with talking to friends, still some akward conversations but better than before

4 Likes

@gunsblazing hey dude, would you like to be part of the Poll, and join the 7 day challenge?
If so, please share your country and sharing code

Checking in - Day 5 of week 4. Friday, 30th Nov 2018. Tough day again. Not relapsing.

2 Likes