"Check-in" Daily - diary challenge

If we spend all our time on NoFap,
what else can we bring to the conversation with others?

Trust in The Lord,
The Lord alone knows everything we do,
all the good works, and the fight we’re in.
We need not boast, nor worry, but stand firm and keep asking for grace to lead us.

4 Likes

Thank you, that is so right, and encouraging!

2 Likes

Reset commenced. Day one, 0 days of sobriety. The adventure unfolds

3 Likes

Checking in today, this community is helping me so much. Thank you guys!

One for All, All for One!

4 Likes

@Forodwaith Pickup the fight and conquer!

3 Likes

Luffychwan

Aug 4

@babadu Majority of the people struggling with PMO are glorifying the “process”. Problem is, it ain’t process. Process is just another way of saying you’re on the fence about it and u ain’t willing to commit. That you like the idea of quitting more than quitting itself. That you like dragging it out, wrestling with its up and downs. Procrastination as its finest. Truth is, it’s a one-time rip off the bandaid type of deal.

These supposed accountability partners all treat their partner’s habital relapse as they always do: rainbows and butterflies with a side of cotton candy, the oft-labeled “it’s okay bud. There’s always a next time”. You know what, it’s not okay. Realize that you pulled the trigger and it is your fault. Lets not dress this up in mellow tones and please drop the goddam coddling. Don’t get me started on the classic “Hey guys. I just completed day one. That was hard”. Wow really dude? You want a cookie? Perhaps I could indulge you with an all expense covered trip around the world. Like geez. That’s exactly the type of coddling bullshit that most people fail. That no matter if they reach day 90 or relapsed after 2 days, they get the pat in the back, handing out trophies left and right for everything under the sun.

It’s like 90 percent of the people who are unhappy with their lives and are stuck in a rut. They watch these motivational videos day in and day out. But there’s this one constant: that their lives are exactly the same, the classic inaction. The expression “actions speak louder than words” has never rung more true.

Aoshigreen has this diary running. With every relapse, without fail, there’s always these pat-in-the-back comments that takes all shapes and size but it mostly boils down to one key message: “its okay. don’t beat yourself up”. I’m here to tell you that you definitely should beat yourself up. Relapse once, it’s all good. Relapse 10 times and the routine journal entry of “damn I knew I shouldn’t have edged. Why did I do it”. Really? When it’s all said and done, the only person you’re accountable to is yourself.

This shouldn’t be a “struggle”. Its easy as fuck. This “struggle” is( drum roll ) an excuse. The boy who cried wolf. How many times before I start to wonder if you wanna quit. Or you’ re lying to yourself. I repeat: I find this incredibly easy. You should too. So no, this shouldn’t be a struggle.

I find this comment arrogant and ignorant of the psychology of addiction. If it were that easy, the wouldn’t be a need for no fap. I used to beat myself up and it would always cycle back in to the addiction because accusatory shame is never a good motivator or ingredient in positive transformation.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, but the point is free will
He just illustrates it comically and harshly.

I reposted this because it’s the reminder; I always have a choice.

1 Like

Checking in - Tuesday, December 18. Day 2 of week 7. All OK

1 Like

Check in- Wednesday
Current streak- 37 days
Thanks to NOFAP journey… feeling better brothers…never give up…just keep walking this journey… it’s worth it!!

4 Likes

Hi all, i want to join this challenge.

@anon67854825 Please add me in

My sharing code: z12r5l

I have one doubt. Should i have to edit the score board?
Or i jst check in by posting here?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Checking Tuesday.
All these days I have been good. No relapses.
Today I’m a bit stressed. I feel so much the urges. I don’t know if I’m going to make it :pensive:

3 Likes

Don’t worry. Keep calm.
Try not to be alone at any moment. Always be around some people.
Take a cold shower. And meditate. These things helps to reduce stress and keep the urges away.

Stay strong brother. You have come this far. Don’t give up. There is a better more beautiful life for you in future if you don’t give up.
Stay strong and beat the urges.

3 Likes

Chicks in thursday :hatched_chick::hatched_chick::hatched_chick::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Checking in - Wednesday, December 19. Day 3 of week 8. All OK.

1 Like

Check in day 4
How are you guys?

2 Likes

@Aragorn
Welcome to this group and to Rewire.
You can simply just Check-in with a post here.

It’s not obligatory, but if you want, you can also edit your “Check-in table” by adding;
:+1: for good days,
Or :fried_egg: for those not so good days.

Avoid missing a day :man_facepalming:t2:
Sunday is an optional “Check-in” and you’ll get :pray:

2 Likes

If I don’t edit the check-in table, will anybody else do it for me. I like to see lots of :+1: in my check in table.?

1 Like

I edit the table daily, so please always make sure to add the date to your post, ie; Monday Day 1 etcetera…

Week 7 Check-in Wednesday

Yesterday, I think I perhaps got into to some deep thinking, and should be careful on those days.

I went to Tai Chi class last night, and tonight have another busy night playing music with some friends.

2 Likes