Monday

All good, Thanks be to God! :pray:

2 Likes

April Chicken-Dairy Poll :hatching_chick:

The Aim
To check-in /post everyday!
Rules - Check-off your poll Daily with = :+1:

Some Suggestions
Simple post, unless the spirit moves you.
And; checkin at the end of the day.
A little foresight ~ The little things count.

“when you make an oath, use a simple ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ - all else comes from the devil”
“its not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of his mouth, because what comes out, comes from his heart.”

The Poll

@Aoshigreen :uk:
W01 - :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
W02 - :+1::+1::+1::+1: 12 13 14
W03 - 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
W04 - 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

@Karan050 :india:
W01 - :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
W02 - :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: 12 13 14

@Special_Bird :us:
W01 - :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: 06 07
W02 - 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

@Forerunner :uk:
W01 - :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question::grey_question: :+1: 06 07

@Rohitash :india:
W01 - 01 02 03 04 05 06 07

3 Likes

:point_up_2:

@Karan050 @Special_Bird @Forerunner
@Forodwaith @Gk-00 @Rebooter81 @Rohitash @Purity25 @selfconqurer - will anybody participate in the new poll? :thinking::pray::sweat_smile:

@Taher please could you convert the above post for editing? Thank you in advance :pray:

4 Likes

@anon67854825 definitely. I will. What should I have to do?

2 Likes

Week 3 - Mon, Mar 30, 2020 - Streak: 4 days

@anon67854825 Sure man! But I’m not exactly sure how to do it, could you explain a little further?

Today was a good day. Had major urges, didn’t journal, probably should have, but I sat and reasoned with the urge for a second. I reminded myself not to mindlessly resist it and instead confront it because otherwise I end up choosing to relapse subconsciously.

So I asked myself, “Why do I want to relapse, truly? What is behind this, beyond just the basic feelings?” And instantly I was reminded that it is because I have my exam tomorrow and I haven’t really been studying as much as I should have, not that I really need to since I’m sure it will be fine, but still my brain is really worrying about it. It’s amazing how we can know we are stressed about something but then feel urges and not connect the dots. Or maybe we subconsciously connect the dots but because we don’t outwardly decipher it, we act on instinct, with how our brain is wired. To rewire our brain, we have to make the act ourselves.

I think the stress from this exam was what was really causing me problems, because I was starting to think negative thoughts all day and I was worrying about this and that; things I wasnt worrying about before. But I realize now that the root of the issue was the stress from this exam. I need to let it go, I’m waking up earlier tomorrow to study for it for a couple hours and then taking it. No biggie. But I reminded myself when I got the urge that although I feel that relapsing will help fix it, it will not, I have to get that through my head, it will make things worse. I have to treat myself as if I am a family member I am trying to help. I thought quickly back to the feelings of remorse, guilt and disgust after my relapse. That awful, emptiness and anger. The realization that I was pointlessly destroying myself. I didn’t want that. I want to feel better! So instead, I went and did my pull ups, because that makes me more healthy. I have to rewire my brain like that. And now I am getting to bed, because that is also the healthy thing to do.

Another thing today, wasted some time playing a videogame, Bannerlord. It just came out and I have been waiting for it for like 4 years, so I had to play it. Not exactly great timing since I have my exam tomorrow. But oh well, I had fun, but now I am done. I want to work instead.

Anyway, I’m getting really tired. Goodnight boys, stay strong :muscle:

This is my streak, I am going to make it.

3 Likes

Thank you @Karan050 @Special_Bird

How it works is simple;
We have 30 days each to check-off.

Please edit Your Poll everyday by replacing the Day with a :+1:

If you relapse you still edit with :+1:
!!! As you are still here doing this !!!

If you miss 3 days in a row = :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:

The Reason for a monthly poll;
It may seem so simple, it looks pointless,
But after closing the old poll I realised I deeply missed it. It taps into the subconscious part of ourselves that likes patterns, order and routine.
I miss having a clear week of :+1: x7
And then a whole month.

:seedling:

4 Likes

@anon67854825 pls what is d poll about, pls explain clearly

1 Like

Pls show us a sample

Tuesday Check-in

All good, thanks be to God :pray:

The new poll starts tomorrow! :raised_hands:

@Purity25
Have a look a few posts above :arrow_up:
And see the poll too.

There’s nothing to it - Post (daily) and edit your poll

It’s not about rules but practicing something different.

1 Like

Week 3 - Tues, Mar 31, 2020 - Streak: 5 days

@anon67854825 Sounds good man! I’ll be sure to do that everyday :slightly_smiling_face:

Good day today. I think I did alright on the exam, but it is what it is, just glad it’s over.

Had some more urges today but again stopped and reminded myself why I feel those urges and it helped them fade away. I’m tired, so sleep is priority, that’s what will fix my bad feelings, not relapsing. Additionally, worrying about keeping this music gig up is pointless, what will be will be, and I’ll do the best I can, that’s all I can do.

Got a lot of time to work today on what I wanted to, realized there’s definitely going to be a lot of learning to be had, but I’m hoping I can get by without spending money on music software (DAWs specifically). Hopefully the trial version will have enough features to see if I can really do well with it before I decide whether to move forward.

Anyway, goodnight guys :crescent_moon:

This is my streak, I am going to make it.

2 Likes

Sure bro, pls count me in n let knw how to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wednesday 1st April

@Rohitash it’s the same as before, only this time just for a month and I ask participants to update their poll.
Thank you for joining @Forerunner
And thank you @Karan050 for already updating.

All the small things :pray:

All good, Thanks be to God :pray:

2 Likes

Week 3 - Wed, April 1, 2020 - Streak: 0 days

Relapse. It’s an interesting thing. Conciousness, it takes a lot more effort than I remember. It’s amazing how a high streak can make you forget such challenges if you are not careful. I think this truly comes down to conciousness. The ability for us to see our faults, see our problems, and take responsibility for them. It’s a hard thing, a very hard thing. But self-responsibility is key. That and conciousness (or mindfulness) go hand in hand.

I need time to reflect.

Goodnight guys :crescent_moon:

3 Likes

Thursday, April 2, streak: 0 days

I’m having trouble restarting, as usual. It takes so little to interrupt a streak and then a lot of time to recover and reacquire responsibility and will to do it again. I’m consistent in prayer every day, and phisical exercise, but not on my noPMO journey. It is my weakness, I need to work on it more.

I want to get better.

@anon67854825 thanks for the offer to join the poll, but I prefer not to participate because I’ve not been present very much on the forum lately, I will try to focus more on checking-in more consistently first, even if I have many relapses. :smile:

4 Likes

Day 38. Check in.

3 Likes

Thursday 2nd April

@Forodwaith @Gk-00

All good, thanks be to God :pray:

3 Likes

Relapse. Day 0…

1 Like

I’ve been out for a while as my phone broke over a week ago and the new one I ordered is taking a while to ship. Also, I usually access Rewire from my phone so this is my first time to do so from the computer in a long time.

I am on day zero in my reboot. I had spring break and it was not a good track record, unfortunately. I have been talking with my confessor and the Lord about how to do better in my journey towards healing and I think a lot if it requires a more proactive response to roots and triggers. Some triggers are connected to emotional roots and some are just form so of temptation so I need to counter a trigger with an alternative behavior like meditating and in that meditation time inviting the Lord to come and bring healing and insight.

I am still very tempted to relapse further so please keep me in prayer.

Blessings!

@anon67854825 @Gk-00

5 Likes

What do you mean by “viewed?”

I think the pandemic is sifting us and we need to step up and seek the Lord to be filled with his Spirit instead of filth. I have ben watching videos and testimonies of the Brownsville revival from the 90s and its been convicting me.

2 Likes