"Check-in" Daily - diary challenge

Thanks for the cite, @Forerunner, and for the kind words. What you say is right, there have been intense upheavals in the last one year, but I have just taken PMO out of the equation, and forced myself to come up with other options when faced with stressful situations. And I never feel like I am missing anything. If anything, I have develped an aversion towards PMO and if I come across triggering material, I move away from it because it might lead me towards an experience that I don’t actually like. And somewhat counter-intuitively, the impetus to do that comes from honoring what I truly desire rather than seeing desires themselves as bad. Having said that, it’s not that I am not susceptible to triggering material, and have to be on the watch nevertheless.

4 Likes

@adequatemonty Thank you for explaining and sharing your experiences.

I really appreciate this point, I’ll reflect on it further.

4 Likes

Day 2
I am feeling well now. I got myself more at control.
Last relapse was not the best. But it’s not about how the relapse went it’s how you handle it. I am confident I will come back stronger than I was. I told myself I would do it so I must complete my promise. That’s the rules. :muscle::fire::fire:. Let’s blast off.

4 Likes

Week 41 - Thursday

All good

3 Likes

Week 41 ~ Thursday

All good :+1:
Thank You @adequatemonty it’s extremely inspiring to read :pray:

2 Likes

Week 3 - Aug 15, Thurs - Streak: 16 days

Goal reached! Even though it’s really only a visual thing, it feels nice to finally get the Swordsman badge again, and by my own doing. I feel like the last time I reached my highest streak of 64 days, it really wasnt a true streak. I never faced any hardships, and it was during a really great summer that was stress-free. This time though, I have been facing difficult urge after difficult urge. Several times a day I have been receiving thoughts that tell me to just take a peek, but everytime I have been ridding myself of them.

So it feels good to be really earning this one. I know things will only get harder when I get back from visiting family as I will be starting my new degree program which is full of new things and is very difficult. So the stress will be plenty.

But thankfully these battles have been preparing me, although it will be probably much harder than I am expecting. But I also know that if I stay vigilant I can brave the storm.

@WalkWithoutFear Sweeeet! Glad you joined as well!
@sami25 @batish see you guys struggling, come join me here, and get back on your feet!

Next goal: 18 days!

“When you challenge people you will lose one day, when you challenge yourself you will win everyday”
-Rewire Companion user

3 Likes

Checking in - Friday 16th August. All good, thank GOD.

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

It’s easy to stay sober when life is stress-free. When everything seems to be going your way. When you haven’t even had urges in a while. It’s when life gets hard that it really counts. That moment when you feel that all-too-familiar inclination to reach for PMO again. It’s then that you will truly prove to yourself how far you’ve come.

3 Likes

Checking in - All good
Week 41 - August 16, Friday

3 Likes

Glad to share my experiences, @Aoshigreen. And thank you for keeping this challenge going; would have been much harder for me without it.

4 Likes

Check in: Friday
All good.

3 Likes

Week 41 - Friday

All good. Had some difficult moments, I took peeks on Instagram and similar stuff due to boredom, need to keep myself more busy during the day

2 Likes

Week 41 ~ Freitag

Alles gut :+1: Dank sei Gott :pray:

3 Likes

Checking in - Saturday 17th August. All good, thank GOD.

“When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.”
Unknown

Successful people from all areas of life are always saying it - they see themselves as a winner before the game has even begun. They visualize them harvesting the crops before the seeds are even planted. It’s because they can see the victory in their mind’s eye that they are propelled forward through times of struggle and tribulation.

There is a strong temptation to avoid thinking of being truly victorious this time. After all, we’ve broken our promises to ourselves many a time. Why should this time be any different? But it is precisely that unshakable belief that we will make it this time which gives us the strength to accomplish it.

See yourself on that mountain top. 90 days on your counter. That feeling of jubilation as your companions congratulate you in completing your basic reboot. Envision yourself living with those benefits people always talk about. Feel the lightness of being as you’re not longer heavily pressured to look at content which both disgusts and entices you, content that has been destroying your soul. Maybe you’ll write your success story and share it with the world. Experience that faith that you can make it through to 180 days, a year, 3 years, 5 years, freedom from addiction at long last.

No urge can hold you down when you can already see yourself at the top.

4 Likes

Week 3 - Aug 16, Fri - Streak: 17 days

Tomorrow I reach 18 days! Amazing stuff!

Urges are dying down finally, or at least for today. Thank the Lord! Last day visiting family, tomorrow I head back. Then Monday I start my new program. Nervous, but also excited. Think it will go well. But I’m preparing myself mentally for the uphill hike with urges.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

-Ernest Hemingway

4 Likes

Checking in - All good
Week 41 - August 17, Saturday

3 Likes

Check in : Saturday
All good.

3 Likes

Week 41 - Saturday

All good

2 Likes

Week 41 ~ Saturday

Nice day. All good :+1:

How are you doing?
@nGpS09 @WalkWithoutFear
Really glad to see you guys in this :pray:

5 Likes

DAY 170

Week 41 :white_check_mark:
Check in… Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sunday
:slightly_smiling_face:All GOOD :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

:slightly_frowning_face:I got 2 wet dream in this week

And… the good things is this, today i reach @MrXYZ 's high streak :innocent:

5 Likes

Check in Saturday - day 8 :+1:
All good :muscle:
@Special_Bird You are right man, the Chek in daily is a great idea! Because It is easy to stay in touch, It’s also easy to find help while reading other users’ posts and It is like a miny diary to share our emotions, specially useful for People whose native language isnt English like me and sometimes I’m lazy to write :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. @Aoshigreen thanks for creating this challange!!:grin: I find this place very useful, and of great help to remember that nofap challenge is something serious in my life, and that I have a commitment, not only with me, but also with all of you my dear companions :muscle::muscle:

4 Likes