Challenge your Brain With Math, Science & Puzzles (Entries Always Open)

Seven people A, C, E, P, R, S and O are studying in the same standard. Their scores in Mathematics are different but not necessarily in the same order. A scores more than C who scores more than E. R scores more than only O. At least one person scores less than E but more than R. P’s score is not the highest. S scores just less than P.

Q1. Whose score is the highest?
(a) A
(b) C
(c) S
(d) E
(e) None of the above

Point(s) : 1

Answer will be announced tomorrow 1pm

Woww bro that’s really a trick question couldn’t have ever figured it out!

2 Likes

Option (a)
.(/¯◡ ‿ ◡)/¯ ~ ┻━┻

2 Likes

Well I need some time to think about this , as this would be one of the unique challenge in this forum.

1 Like

Well , I noticed you make some cool art with those symbols. Keep at it :clap:

2 Likes

lol no I don’t create them it’s built into google keyboard

2 Likes

I always design questions like this by mixing up physics , chemistry, math, logical reasoning etc.

Q. Aditya is falling from certain height to ground with acceleration which is of course ( g or a = 10 ms^-2) . He reached the ground after 1 second. Aditya’s father has a bank deposite of ₹450000 in a certain bank. The amount gains the simple interest at a certain rate percentage which is numerically equal to the final velocity of Aditya. On the day when Aditya fell on the ground , one year of deposite is completed. Aditya’s leg fractured after falling. Aditya’s father needs to withdraw the amount from the bank for aditya’s treatment. How much money will he receive alongwith interest ?

( Hints : v = u + at, where v = final velocity u = Initial Velocity, a = Acceleration , t = Time. Usually initial velocity is zero in this case )

1 Like

₹495000… Why did you delete it though?

1 Like

Okay answer this one:
(Physical Chemistry: Vapour Pressure)

If the vapour pressure of 5 L water at 25⁰C is P⁰ then what will be the vapour pressure of 25 L water at same Temperature?
Options:-

1. (P⁰)²
  2. 5P⁰
  3. 0.2P⁰
  4. None of the above.
3 Likes

0.2 P is my answer, From ideal gas equation

2 Likes

Let @anon30406793 answer then I will tell

2 Likes

PV = nRT

PV = k ( n, R, T constant )

P1V1 = P2V2

P1 = P0
V1 = 5L
P2 = ?
V2 = 25 L

P2 = (P0 × V1 ) ÷ V2

P2 =( P0 × 5 ) ÷ 25

P2 = P0 / 5

P2 = 0.2P0

If we increase Volume by 5 times, then pressure will decrease by 1/5 times

Pressure and volume are both inversely related.

P is inversely proportional to volume at constant temperature, mass and mole.

This is boyle’s law.

No requirement of ideal gas equation

1 Like

Okay so, I was waiting for this.

Actually you both are wrong :smile_cat:

See, the question is not about the pressure exerted by a “gas”.

There is no mention of a gas in the question. Water is a liquid at 25⁰C.

The question actually asks about “Vapour Pressure”.

Vapour Pressure is the Pressure exerted by vapours of a liquid (vapours of the liquid exist in equilibrium) on the surface of that liquid.

Thus, liquid :arrows_counterclockwise: vapour (equilibrium), ∆H=+ve.

Enthalpy is positive since energy is required for converting liquid to vapour.

Kp (equilibrium constant)= Pvap/Pliq.

Pressure exerted by a pure liquid is 1 (constant) wrt to Pressure of the vapours.

Thus, Pvap or vapour pressure= Kp.

And Kp doesn’t depend upon Volume, surface, amount of liquid, etc.

Kp only depends upon Temperature and nature of the liquid.

Thus, Vapour Pressure of a liquid only depends on Temperature and Nature of liquid, generally related as

Log(P2/P1)=∆Hvap((1/T1)-(1/T2))/2.303R

Thus, Ans will be none of these, (option 4) as the vapour pressure won’t change, because the temperature doesn’t change.

You can also Google this, it’s pretty interesting and surprising at the same time!

2 Likes

Just for a heads up, gas and vapour isn’t the same thing. Search google for “gas vs vapour”, and the difference will be clear.

1 Like

Is the question from Chemical Equilibrium ? @RedStorm47

I missed the word Vapour :roll_eyes::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No, it’s from liquid solutions. Remember colligative properties? Relative lowering in vapour pressure? This is the introduction of that topic.

1 Like

Yeah i made a trick question worthy of this challenge

1 Like

I exclusively teach organic chemistry. I rarely review physical chemistry. I know about colligative prop. I think I will review them

1 Like

I see! Anyway, it’s just a question, we learn something new everyday :relaxed:

1 Like

Challenge #1

Seven persons P, Q, R, S, T, U and W have weekly off on different days of the week starting from Sunday to Saturday in such a way that only one person has holiday only on one day but not necessary in the same order.
R neither have off just after nor just before P. S neither has weekly off on the first nor on the last day of the week. Equal number of persons are having off before and after P. No one have off before T. Number of persons having off between T and R is same as between U and S. R does not have off before Q. W does not have weekly off before Q.

Q1. R has off on which of the following day?
(a) Monday
(b) Tuesday
(c) Wednesday
(d) Thursday
(e) None of these

Rewards for correct answer :
Challenge Points : ( 2 )
Badge : :medal_sports:

1 Like