Cant make upto just 5 days

Feeling guilty of relapse

I dont know how many times I restarted this challenge.Maybe 50 ,60 ,or more… Every time I relapse I feel guilt , remorse and lacks self confidence as im feeling right now . This feeling makes my day feel worse and can’t concentrate in studies after breaking a 2 day or 3 day streak.

My highest streak was 15 days.
I wasn’t using this app at that time. In this app my highest streak is 9 days. I relapse mostly during nights. I wont get any sleep so I do it to get sleepy and I did it yesterday for which I regrets today.
But at last it will ruin my next whole day😕.

Now I want to start again . Anyone facing this problem like me😞

I know one thing that my major problem is procrastination . if I overcome procrastination im sure that I will suceed in my life further.

5 Likes

Don’t Give up brother.
It is OK to fail once, twice , thrice even thousand times but just remember you are ahead of all those who aren’t trying :wink:.So, don’t stop trying you will make it one day brother @Amigo :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words brother . it really motivated me :blush:. yes sure iam going to get rid of this addiction and procrastination.:muscle:

2 Likes

That’s the josh brother.
Keep trying you will make it one day.:triumph:

2 Likes

procrastination might not be your only problem. Shame causes willpower to weakened. have you ever tried to confess about events in your life that brought about humiliation to another person you trust or astranger going through your same struggle?

3 Likes

I dont know anyone facing the same stuggle as me. I didnt make confession to anyone as you know that it isn’t a thing that can be told to anyone :neutral_face:.
Anyway I will try again and again untill Im out of my addiction

1 Like

yeah for sure. Take your time, but im available if u want to hit me up. in 2017-18 i was like you but after i shared my shame , im rebooting (90 days) for the fourth time in two more weeks. be strong

2 Likes

That’s the same for nearly everyone on this forum

Mine was 13 dude… think about it… But since I’ve joined this app/ forum my average streak (except from the chaser) is 5-7 days.
How?
You just gotta participate in challenges and stuff, you’ll automatically feel the pressure.
You start getting thoughts like ‘If I relapse, my companions will think I’m weak’ and ‘I’ll atleast reach xyz goal’

3 Likes

Don’t worry, you are not alone. The more I learn about how this disease affects others, the more surprised I am by how well we understand each other.
I have been thinking lately that I have been really struggling to make it three weeks without a relapse.
But, there was once a time in my life when three days seemed impossible. My progress has been slow, but its there. And you can make progress too.

That’s the key :+1:

4 Likes

I honestly feel accountability friend will force you to stop the way you want

Thought I haven’t found an accountability friend yet

1 Like

I think i’m improving becoz the last time when I posted this , my average streak was 2 days. Now its 3-4 days . So i’m trying to improve :blush::wink::wink::slightly_smiling_face: .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.