Can I pray for you?

Day 10. Feels good, going strong.
Bad catholic here… I went to confession yesterday though and told the priest about this app. He thought it was great and told me for my penance to pray for you all. I thought that was cool and wanted to share. Lemme know if there is something specific I can pray for you for. Cheers!

9 Likes

Me too. I have had a similar experience during confession.

Thank you for offering prayers ~
I want to be at peace, calm, and walking with the Lord.
I think I should be asking for courage / strength,… And the wisdom to not be an overcourageous a*hole :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

“The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want”

I want too much at the moment, to be over this battle, to be free, to help others, to be motivated,… I want so much.

Pray that I can let go, and reside in God’s presence each day

6 Likes

Please do for me, will do the same for all of you. Day 25, but still have some urges.

4 Likes

I’m Catholic as well.:grin:

3 Likes

Thank you for what you are doing. It would be very good if you can pray for me. I will also pray to God for you and for all those who have written here.
"Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matthew 18:18-20.

5 Likes

Thanks for the prayers. I think we should all pray for eachother. For strength. Holy week is coming. I cant beleive how fast Lent has gone.

On a side note. I just started watching the Bible serires on Netflix. Just finished first episode about Abraham. Talk about the test of faith. Great to see. Really motivating.

6 Likes

Cool. Lent is an interesting time.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your offerings! I will also offer to practice tonglen for everyone on Rewire. It is a practice in Tibetan Buddhism, which I practice, where we sit and imagine someone or a group of people. When we breathe in, we imagine breathing in their suffering. The suffering transforms in our heart to relief or peace, and as we breathe out, we send relief to those we are thinking of. The idea is not that we are necessarily actually doing these things for those we are meditating for, but that each time we practice tonglen, the capacity of our heart to open to those people, and all other beings, grows.

May it be of benefit.

Peace,
MJ

5 Likes