Binge relapses! Need help!

I relapsed yesterday after a long streak due to YouTube
No social media now onwards.
Nothing’s safe when urges are high…
I uninstalled YouTube but my main problem is my binge relapsing…
Like I have a high streak like this time and then I binge relapsed. For example today I relapsed a total of 6 times…
I know that’s quite high but this number keep getting bigger as my nofap journey is progressing…
Like my streaks are getting bigger so are my binge relapses…
How should deal with it…
These binges are taking away the benefits as well as my productivity and motivation…
Any advice guys!?

3 Likes

Same here brother.
I’ve seen you in the study challenge-keep posting there man, you are a beast, posting so many hours daily.
The most effective way for me to avoid binge is to stay productive the entire day. Not just mornings, but the whole day. Don’t give yourself the time or space to think about PMO. Go out and meet people or call them up if possible.

2 Likes

Umm that’s a bit of a problem for me.My exams are approaching and I haven’t contracted corona nor I got the vaccine till now…
And if I fall sick now most important days of my preparation will get hampered…
How do you keep yourself busy when you are alone and exhausted from studies?

3 Likes

Dude, it’s okay to go out occasionally, provided you follow the rules. I can completely understand why you’re not going out, since I only go out since I have college. Please don’t go out if you contract corona…that’s just…wrong…

Cool. There are always online communities then. And what about calling people? I do that, and I find out that people appreciate calls more than texts.

You an introvert or extrovert? How you recharge may vary based on that. I’m an introvert so my best recharging is done alone.
What I also do for recharging is pray/meditate/play the piano or guitar/do some digital art or work on my novels. Do you have any hobbies? They are the best way to recharge. Also talk to some of the companions here on RC, they’re really nice people.

1 Like

I am an extrovert…
But the problem is I am a bit shy too…
Yeah am an anamoly!
This lockdown has been tough…
I never call people because it feels weird to me…
But if you say so I will definitely call my friends!
Thanks for your help!
I feel much better after a big nap…
No more guilt but a fire to start again!
Maybe after a relapse we should sleep maybe that would help defeat those urges to binge…

1 Like

6 is indeed high📵!!!

2 Likes

I personally feel social media and YouTube specifically is blamed too much for relapses. You are stressed?, totally understanding. But you could’ve quit any moment and stopped it right?. So social media is a trigger. Avoid it. But in the long run focus on working on your will power and delaying gratification.

3 Likes

Im an anomaly just like you. I love talking to people in gym and socialize in general. But when im in bad times, I prefer processing alone. I found the technique of talking to myself better. I made pros and cons of relapsing. U can use it to any matter like studying, waking up early etc. If cons are greater than pros. DONT DO IT.

1 Like

Once there is a relapse the willpower goes to drain…
As for me…
In my cases I was feeling urges for 2-3 days…
But YouTube just increased my urges to a next level even though I was using it in restricted mode…
So am just saying if I was not using YouTube I might not have relapsed…
This is the case with youtube! Just imagine what other social medias could do…

1 Like

Yeah this is exactly like me!

Anyway triggers are subjective and I suggest you to just delete the triggers as of now. The secret to my streak (after 1000s of failed attempts) is instead of defeating the trigger I accepted it. I screened it(ex ; I unfollowed adult meme pages, unsubscribed triggering youtube content). Now even if I see a woman naked also I have little or no urges. Im not saying I don’t have libido, but my urges are controlled by me and. Just me

1 Like

Understandable. The prefrontal cortex- which is considered the part of our brain that makes ‘responsible’ decisions that are good for us, like delayed gratification- is damaged. But remember, a single relapse won’t damage it too much, but binge? That’s almost as bad as not entering Nofap itself. Remember that.

1 Like

Coming to will power. My willpower draws power from Nofap, workout, meditation, study, Healthy habits (water, sleep etx) as a whole

1 Like

It might sound funny brother. But its all about your head. Tell it that relapsing will only cause you pain. It will automatically control your urges

1 Like

I second this @debellator. Even when I relapsed, 2 was maximum and it made me feel horrible. Also dick hurts after just two​:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Whenever you’ feel urges next time. Just private message me. Il see if i can help.

2 Likes

Binge relapse is worse than not entering the nofap in my opinion…Because its aftereffects are the worst…
We have to learn to control the urges when we are weak or have fallen from a streak…

1 Like

Yeah!
I would for sure!
Thanks!