Bible verse drop

Go ahead and drop that one BIBLE verse that you keep in your mind and heart when it’s getting hot and you don’t want to give in.
Mine is 1 Corinthians 10:13-14

3 Likes

I have a couple…

Psalms 4:1‭, ‬4 (NIV):
Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer. Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.

This passage has stuck with me for several years now. The majority of times that I get an urge is when I’m on my bed mindlessly scrolling through social media. It’s so easy to give in to temptation, especially when I don’t look to God for help and put up a resistance. This verse is a reminder to me to always trust in God and know that He wants to rescue me from my sin, BUT I have to make the decision to turn my eyes away from temptation and look to Him.

Proverbs 18:1 (NASB):
He who separates himself seeks his own desire, He quarrels against all sound wisdom.

This verse is one I found recently, but I find it to be very straightforward and eye opening. When I’m alone in my room, there’s nothing to keep me from giving in to temptation. Even with all the things you tell yourself, once you’re alone you will fight against all sound reason to get that instant gratification. This is why it is SO important to have someone you can be accountable to. When you’re not able to surround yourself with others when you feel an urge, call your accountability partner and talk through your urge with them. But if nothing else, set aside/look away from whatever it is that is causing you to sin and just simply WALK AWAY. It seems so simple, but if you can walk away that’s one of the best things you can do. If you want to take it a step further (no pun intended), turn to God as you turn away from sin.

2 Likes

To be totally honest, I have never quite thought of the first verse collection or verse 2 the way you put it. It is surely going to be in my arsenal from now on.
I will memorize these verses for myself beginning today evening.
How is your fight currently going?

1 Like

It’s been a bit over a week since I last gave in which is the longest I gone in several months. I’m not sure what I did different, but I am equally encouraged and scared by my streak. Encouraged because yah, this is as far as I’ve been in a while and an encouragement to keep going. But I’m scared that if I do fall, I will lose a lot of the hope that I currently have.

I just started another semester of classes back up, so I’ve been really busy lately, so that may be why I haven’t relapsed in over a week. But, I fear for myself when things start to slow down again. I’ve been here before: I get cocky, let my guard down and then I give in again.

I may not have started this steak with my focus on God, but that’s what I want (and know that I have) to shift it to, because I know that if I don’t then I will never be able to have true freedom.

1 Like

Hey, again, just saw this and i was looking for topic like these. I would read psalm 51, all of it then i get into prayer. And also proverb 4:23.

1 Like

Hallelujah fam. I love Psalm 51
It is my favorite Psalm regardless of the season.
I also love Proverbs 4:23
It’s a great reminder to be aware what one does.

Truly bro. Firstly congratulations on your new streak bro. It’s fresh air I know what you mean. I miss that but I also agree if we focus on the streak we will fail but if we focus on GOD we will surely win. We ought to keep our eyes on CHRIST indeed fam.
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the LORD and HIS strength, seek HIS face continually.

Not just a verse but a whole chapter psalm 91

1 Like

Amen guys. I truly love psalm 27 also. When that remains.

1 Like

Let me read this fam.
I find it interesting that a whole chapter catches you cube.
This is worth the look

Let me look at Psalm 27.
Lately my favorite has been Psalm 19. The second half catches me so hard.
Who can identify his own faults?

I have lately been drawn also to the warnings of Hebrews 4. Losing the rest of GOD we have been so greatly blessed with

Have anyone read Romans 10

1 Like

Mt favorite verse and my memory verse in there is Romans 10:17
It reminds me of how to keep getting my faith up

I’ll keep it in mind

2 Likes

Who are we going to? Yes, only the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world has the WORD of eternal life. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Matthew 6
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

4 Likes

Matthew 6:33

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God , and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

King James Version

3 Likes

Psalm 121 King James Version

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

3 Likes