Anyone find it easier when fasting?

I’m fasting for Lent and find some of my desires are a little less pronounced. Is this because of the lack of food or just a coincidence? Have any of you guys experienced this? Also, is it worse once you break your fast?

2 Likes

It could be flatline - period of low/no urges.

Jesus said, some things can only be done by fasting and prayer. Fasting causes one to depend less on the flesh and more on the Spirit. It helps me big time!

1 Like

It’s pretty early in the game for that though. How long is the initial reboot again? Where the withdrawal may be the most difficult? Isn’t it usually in the first 2 weeks?

Fasting totally can help, You’re more relaxed and centred and chill so desires are easy to observe and detach from. You might be a little vulnerable coming off a fast too quickly so ease back off it when you do.

1 Like

Sperms are made from food we eat.
Reduce the food and lesser are the urges.
Its a fact.

I like to incorporate intermittent fasting, try it out guys, it can further reduce the time spend doing things like eating and cooking. Plus, it’s good for cutting too if u r out of shape

1 Like

What do you mean “too quickly”? My fast will end up being 46 days, and I was intending to feast afterwards. Are you saying that I’ll be more tempted after that once I start eating again?

I’m not quite sure that’s how science works…

2 Likes

Oh please be careful it’s very very bad for your body to come off a fast quickly. The most dangerous thing you can do is eat a whole load to break a long fast, not to fast, ironically :sweat_smile: Eat maybe an apple over the course of an hour then wait a day the next day have a vegetable soup over an hour and build it up like that. Very hazardous to have a feast to break, I’m just saying this out of concern and experience, be careful!

Going off a fast can leave you a bit more vulnerable to fap for those few days. For a lot of small reasons that aren’t worth mentioning but sum up to a noticeable urge for me personally. If you’re not a v sensitive person you might not notice any difference so its almost not worth mentioning. Just wanted to share whatever bits of Info I knew of :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s very helpful, thanks for your insights!