Any tips for single nofapers?

Hi, im a 26 year old single male, and my issue is that i relapse mostly after 2-4 days.
The reason for this is that i get urges and its stuck all day in my head, even when im working…
I do my workout in a gym mutiple times a week but sometimes i get the urge even there :frowning:.
I know its my brain that tells me that i need PMO but i know that im happier when on nofap.

Do you have any tips for single guys on how to kill the urge?

Thanks

1 Like

I’m also single and about your age. The strategy I have found that works best for me is that every time I have an urge that I can’t shake, I open up this app and read through the forums. Depending on the day I will either look for relapse stories tk remind myself how I will feel if I give in to my urges, or I look for success stories to remind myself that I CAN do this. Hope this helps, stay strong!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips, means alot :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! Another thing you could try is researching the science of PMO addiction. Doing that gave me some really good insight and a better understanding of how my urges worked and where my symptoms were coming from. Knowing this also helps you better understand how to fight back!

3 Likes

Speaking from my experience, there’s not much of a difference between doing no PM within and out of a relationship. An addicted brain will always want to find its way. So in other words, I suggest you try to commit to eliminating that “mental” edging, those thoughts that want you to do something. Get rid of those by taking care of yourself. Work proactively on your recovery instead of only reacting to urges when they are too strong to beat. Take care.

3 Likes