Alpaco's crusade [Diary]

Look what I’ve discovered

Is ■■■■ dying?

4 Likes

It’s going better lately because I have a lot of things to do and to think of, so PMO isn’t always in my mind. Relapses are mainly caused by peeks so they are easier to control now that I realized that I don’t remember a single time where a peek didn’t lead me to a relapse. Sometimes it happened that I peek and the day after I relapse but I still did

The things I’ve got to do are:
• 2 Violin competition
• Exams

We have to bring a thesis for the exams, I don’t know if it’s done only in Italy so ut’s basically a topic that you choose, and starting from that topic you say something about every subject.
Example:

Topic: World War 2

History: What happened
Geography: “USA bombed Japan” starts talking about Japan in general
Etc…

My topic will be “The Catholic Church”. It was easy to find something about every subject and one of the teachers really liked the idea!

About the violin competition, I have to record today. I’ll have to play Oskar Rieding’s opus 34

Wish me luck!

2 Likes

Best of luck bro! :+1:

3 Likes

Good luck with your performance!! I also play the violin

2 Likes

@The_integrous_one @dontdeleteme thank you!
I did it! I think it went pretty good!
Waiting for the results :)⠀

3 Likes

Nice :fire:, all the best for the results.

3 Likes

Remember I recorded fpr a violin competition?
It went good…

I got 99/100 on a piece and 100/100 on a duet! :D⠀

Also today I went to confession after 72016 years and I’m happy

3 Likes

Congratulations! And how are you doing now?

1 Like

Good, thanks!
Today there is another concert, then I’ve got exams and then the holidays begin

1 Like

Great to hear! All the best, and hope you enjoy your holidays! I wish I had holidays now ngl but it’s all exams and studies for me for a bit :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’M BAAAAACK

The exams and the concert went well!

2 Likes

Hello.

I wanted to tell you guys that I’m back (Once again hahahaha)

I would like to say that even if I stopped using this forum I kept trying to stop with this addiction, but the truth is, even though I still had the intention to stop, I put little to no effort most of the times, bringing myself to relapsing multiple times per day in the worst period (That would be in September and October).

BUT!

Unexpectedly, NNN gave me the motivation I needed: my problem’s always been that I think “This is the last time” and relapse again and again, but when November started I couldn’t do it, not even one last time, because one would be enough to make me fail.

So, here I am, back here.

My streak is currently 4 days, that might seem little but I think it’s a great start because it’s FAR better than failing everyday like I did last month.

I’ll try to use this forum more often because I realized that when I used it often I had a lot more motivation to stop.

Finally: sorry, I stopped using this app without telling anyone, you might have been worried.

It’ll be nice to chat together after all this time! :Dㅤ

3 Likes

Welcome back bro :smile:.

You are not alone in this bro, this is an issue that most of us suffer from.

2 Likes

Part of me think that if I stop using Reddit I’d use this app much more, the other part thinks that it’s still productive to follow some communities like r/TraditionalCatholics

By the way, don’t consider my streak because it’s not real.* I should have said it earlier, I know. That’s because there are these periods of time where I relapse so much that I don’t even reset my streak because it becomes normal.

Relapsing becomes normal and I don’t even try to stop that much. I just feel like I shouldn’t do it but then I do it anyway and move on.

But then, yeasterday when I relapsed I felt so guilty, I felt like a weight in my heart. I don’t know exactly why it happened this time and not every other time but still.

For this reason I decided to start using this app again and to seriously try to stop. Plus I remembered how you all helped me. I’d always say 'This time I’ll make it" and then relapse after 5 minutes but instead of letting me down you helped me to get up and try again.

Thank you all.

*Edit: I updated my streak, now it’s real but if I stop using this forum again and I have a suspiciously high streak, it’s probably not real. I’ll try to stop that from happening

3 Likes

Bro last man standing 2022 challenge is beginning you can join that challenge if you want. It’s gonna be awesome.

1 Like

I just joined!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

Aaand I failed again. I had kind of forgot about how easy it is to be tempted after the fourth day. IIRC this stops after a few days but I might be wrong.

(Sadly) This four days streak is a lot higher than the average I’ve been doing for the last few months. Someone could expect me to be happy because it’s an improvement. It defines is an improvement but it’s far from what I’m trying to achieve. For me 4 days are quite a lot but for most you they are nothing, plus, 4 days aren’t even enough to get the Eucharist for 2 Sundays without having to go to confession and repeating once again: “I didn’t follow the 6th and the 9th commandment”.

But, as I said in the post before this one, there is a difference between now and the last few months. At least now I’m trying, I fail, and I do it quite often, but then I try again. Instead, for most of 2021 I would just relapse and not think too much about it.

And then, let’s try again.

Yes, every time I relapse I feel the urge to write a wall of text. It actually helps.

2 Likes

What do you use Reddit for?

I follow some christian and political communities.

(Like r/TraditionalCatholic, r/Monarchism, r/Pro-Life, r/Catholicism etc…)

Eventually, some memes.

1 Like

Okay. Are these helping you in any way? I don’t think so, to be honest, reddit is quite a time waster and not worth it. If you have any reference work to be done you have better sources and don’t need an account. Reddit is also a huge urge trigger.
So I’d recommend you use it less. But that’s just my opinion.
r/memes is fun, I check it from time to time. You don’t need an account for that though.

2 Likes