Accept technology?

Sorry for this unwanted topic , but I really wanna share my thoughts with you.
If you look back 100 years ago, there is major difference in that time and today. Today we have access to very high technology. Things are changing so quickly which would felt like magic 100 years back.

We no longer need to wait for days for getting our reply of letters. We have access to Cars and other transports through which we can go anywhere very quickly. Don’t wanna explain it more. You all know about it.

It does have the dark side too . Everyone is addicted to their phones and social media. Condition of Youth is very bad rn. Everyone is so toxic on social media , they are ready to debate and satisfy their ego. Hatred is at very high today.

When I used to use Instagram , I saw a post from Will smith in my suggestions. He had a vlog with Sadhguru. In that vlog they talked with eachother and Sadhguru came their from a Bike. People in comment sections were asking that if he is a spiritual person as he owns a bike?
I know he doesn’t care on it
Can’t he drive a bike? It’s medium of transportation. Earlier we had chariot. Everyone used to travel on it. But now we have better choice so why avoid it?
But just blaming technology is ok?

Can’t a technology expert be a spiritual person?

Most of those who loves Science and technology are atheist. Nothing wrong with that. As long as they are true atheist. Those who just force others for not believing god aren’t true atheist.

I remember a meme too, It was related to space(may be what is the speed of light) and that guy mentioned that’s why GOD has created so many billion light years. And the whole comment section was full of debate and hatred. Everyone was fighting on God exists or not.

Spirituality is not just about believing in God. Loving and helping others are also necessary.

Everyone knows about Elon Musk , he has so many fans. I am one of it.
You might have seen his debate with Jack ma.
People in comments were just disrespecting Jack ma because he mentioned LOVE is the answer to many problems. And he said he don’t wanna go to Mars because he love to stay on earth and make it better.
I don’t think spreading love will make us fall back in technology.

I might have done so many errors in this post . But I hope you got my point.
Please Give your suggestions on this topic.

4 Likes

Idk what exactly this post is about, but all I can say is that technology is a good servant but a bad master. That’s why as a productivist I try to hack technology to help me stay productive.

Not sure where all the ‘love’ part and all came from, but as the Bible says, he who cannot love his brother, who he can see, cannot love God, whom he cannot see.

False religion and super spirituality is a waste if you’re not a decent human being.

6 Likes

You know , This teaching is same in all religions. We should love eachother.
But sadly people hate others because they are of not same religion. Ultimately they are disrespecting those teaching and not following themselves.

1 Like

I think love is not a simple thing to give because of the basic nature of human beings. We are predominantly selfish creature even if we say we are not. Our love could become lust in no time or may be influenced by greed or attraction. Can we ever love that person who is hurting us badly?

Love without spirituality is hollow . True spirituality brings understanding. Understanding can bring acceptance.And accepting all is love .

Well it is tough because spirituality itself (the basis of love) is complicated. I hope you got my point.

1 Like

@PaperBoat have you changed the topic title to [Unwanted topic] ? Do you want to delete this? Or did someone else change it?

Please note that no topic that involves healthy discussion, especially on self-improvement, is ever unwanted here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definately true. We can’t love those who are trying to kill us.
But I mean noone is supposed to hate someone without any reason.

Yes but it’s going to happen.

1 Like

My english is so bad. I changed it now
I don’t wanna bring another debate here. So i mentioned that you can ignore if you don’t like it

1 Like

I’ve edited it. It’s never the topic or your English that causes debates if you’re understanding and tolerant :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah thanks , hope people get my point and don’t feel offended for any reason.

1 Like

XD dude please chill out on the tags and leave them be, nothing’s wrong here.

1 Like

“False religion and super spirituality is a waste if you’re not a decent human being.”

You make a great point here. Have you ever heard the the saying that someone can be “so heavenly minded, they are no earthly good”? It is excellent to have the faith that God will help you but you need to have the ability to discern how He will help you.

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, “Jump in, I can save you.”

The stranded fellow shouted back, “No, it’s OK, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me.”

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, “Jump in, I can save you.”

To this the stranded man said, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.”

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, “Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety.”

To this the stranded man again replied, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.”

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, “I had faith in you but you didn’t save me, you let me drown. I don’t understand why!”

To this God replied, “I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?”

2 Likes

Man your thinking is very similar to me.
I am a person who was a big fan of technology until I found out the technology which exist today is not suitable for human beings. We are developed in a different way.
Today we have a source of infinite enjoyment in our hands(smart phone) . And we crave for enjoyment because earlier it was not so easily available. So it is creating a disturbance.
We are structured by nature to follow certain rules
Like for example -
One who works hard feels better.
One who don’t jerk off regularly creates confidence in him.

But now we have everything against those rules.because we can achieve enjoyment without any effort.

So now we have to consciously make our choices, increase our will and fight against these things. Control you mind is the solution only left.

This is just the starting of kaliyug my friend .

3 Likes

Totally agree with you. The whole world works on karma. If we don’t do any works and wishes to be rewarded just because we have believe in him , That’s cap. One should always work hard , give his best in whatever he is doing without the fear of outcomes

Agreed , technology is a great blessing as well as a worst curse for the world. We are definitely not adapting it in a right way.

That’s a bitter truth

1 Like

I don’t know what kaliyug is, but remember, technology, sex and money are all like fire.
Light a fire in the fire place, and it warms you. Light it anywhere else and it burns your house down.

Or you can be a phoenix so fire doesn’t affect you at all

We’re supposed to be stewards of our resources and wisely use them. Tech. is not innately bad, however, it can be put to bad uses, the same way it can be put to amazing uses (like this forum, for one).

1 Like