A Mindset that can help you Change your Life ( My perspective )

Success is never owned. It is rented and the rent is due everyday.

Hello brothers and sisters. Today I am going to share some of my thoughts that striked my mind during lonely moments. I believe it would help you too.

Many people have vision and mission in their life. Whether it is No fap , Academics, Health , Professional or spiritual goals. Very few people are successful enough to be consistent in it and meet their daily tasks. Why ?

This happens not because they are strong and we are weak. Its because they have a particular mindset that they keep everyday. A type of mindset that keeps them alive every single day. A type of mindset that makes them persevere hard time. A type of mindset that prevents them from being self destructive when things go wrong. Now what is that mindset ? Let me introduce you that mindset with the help of a quote

" Defence is the best Offence "

You may ask me. Its the opposite right. I know you heard of " Offence is the best Defence " but not this one. Let me elaborate.

If you are a movie fan or an anime fan you may have observed that during majority of the times , Its the heroes who win more than villains. Why ?

My answer is its not because villians are weak, Its not because of the plot armor given by the writers of the story. Then what makes heroes successful than villians ? Well the answer is simple.

Heroes have something to defend. They have something to protect

Approaches to achieve a goal

To achieve a goal that a person wants , one can approach 2 strategies. The offensive one and the defensive one.

The offensive one is an approach in which you attack your goal in order to achieve it.

The defensive one is an approach in which you protect your goal to maintain it.

The problem with offensive strategy.

As mentioned earlier, offensive strategy is chasing what you want in your life , Which in other words tells you the fact like this

Currently you don’t have this thing with you. You have to fight for this to get this thing

For this , You would be telling yourself many reasons why you want to achieve this goal. The problem with this is that we are human beings and we do get demotivated or sometimes the reasons won’t satisfy us. This drains the willpower and slowly we will move towards our ordinary lives and have a hard time coming back on track.

Offensive strategy is very helpful when motivated but it lacks stability

Why Defensive strategy is Useful

As mentioned earlier , Defensive strategy is maintaining what you currently have , Which in other words tells you the fact like this

I am having what I want in my life. I must protect it.

Here you are not giving yourself reasons why you should have it because you already have it. For example , If you have a six pack abs , You are trying to maintain it. You are not giving yourself reasons why you want six pack abs.

So your willpower is fully focused on maintaining it . But on the offensive approach, You are using willpower for your motivation and action.

This is why successful people have success for a long time. Its because they are maintaining it not fighting it.

Movie references to show Defence strategy works.

*Avengers : Infinity War and Endgame

*Avengers Infinity War

images (83)

During Avengers Infinity war , Thanos was clear what he wants in life. He wants 6 Infinity stones. This would help him to blip out half of the population hence rejuvenating natural resources in the universe. He also believed people would respect his decision. He found Avengers team as an obstacle for his goal.

But since Thanos had a clear vision on what he has on his mind , His offensive strategy worked and was able to defeat Avengers at last.

*Avengers Endgame

images (84)

In Endgame , He realised People started to hate him for this mad decision. Everyone wants him dead. This made Thanos lose clarity for gathering Infinity Stones during the last battle. The motivation became unclear. Thanos became mad.

Hence Avengers defeated Thanos and Black Order.

The defensive strategy shown by Avengers.

In these movies , The main purpose of the Avengers team is not to defeat Thanos but to protect people from Thanos snap. They know that the entire universe is depended on them. They have to protect them no matter what.

This made them equally threatening to Thanos during the last battles of both Infinity War and Endgame.

Defensive strategy have helped everyone to work as a common team during unfavourable situations.

Anime References to prove Defence Strategy works

Dragon Ball Z

During Battle , You have always seen Goku using the Words like " People are depended on me , I must protect this universe " etc many times. Goku has always been fighting with defensive strategy than offence one. One of the famous quote of Goku is as follows

images (85)

During the fight with Goku and Jiren the following happened. Please watch the 35 - 36 th minutes of this video

As you can see , Goku was battered by Jiren like nothing. Then he got a voice that people are depending on him .

Please note , His aim is not to Defeat Jiren but to protect his friends. In order to protect his friends, He has to defeat Jiren.

Here Goku is focusing on what he already have , not on what he does not have.

Hence He got the powers that was not unlocked for years.

How to apply Defensive Strategy in Life.

If you want to have 6 Pack abs , Never say " I want to get 6 pack abs " say " I am blessed with a 6 pack abs and now I have to maintain it from losing it. "

I know its a long post. Just sharing my perspectives.

2 Likes

Nice post, interesting ideas

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.