[36 M] Romit's Diary

2.5 days. Not much to boast am sure.
But this 2 days’ journey has taught a lot of things already!

1. Use all the help at hand! Use the help feature that plays a tune that lifts up your mood and help you observe your thought without acting on it. I found it to be a surefire way to win over the urges.
  2. Read through the others’ blogs. There are some truly motivational articles in this forum that you’ll be able to relate to.
  3. Appreciate your accomplishments however small they are . Even if it’s a one day win over urges, it’s worth acknowledging and celebrating.
  4. Stay busy. Stay happy.

More power to whoever is reading this now!

Thanks and bless you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you started this diary. The things you mentioned really are helpful in nofap. The help button is ineffective for me, it didn’t help me when I used it.

Are you going to write more diary entries? This seemed like a one time entry but since you set it up as a diary it’s been a little while since you last wrote here.

1 Like

Thank you so much @copper_bronze for the motivation.
With deep regret I share that I broke my streak today and it feels so so so awfully bad.
I have made a few notes to self.
Would write about that in the next entry.

So here I am … lost everything…days of concentration, days of control, of empowerment…all for a moment of ecstasy.
I hope I am able to use this failure as my driving force to come back even stronger.
Here’s to my journey again.
Things I will Do:

1. Focus and list down my priorities and tick them off as I progress through the list. This will probably give me a grip on reality.
  2. Use all resources at hand including music and of course the help section in this app to deter myself from an attack.
    Things I will Not Do:
  3. Will not install provocative ads like Tumblr or won’t visit sites like xossip or xvideos.
  4. I will not participate in conversations in WhatsApp that have sexual undertones in it.
  5. Won’t lose track of time.

Hope to update next entry with some good news and accomplishments.

More power to whoever is reading this now!

Thanks and bless you! :slight_smile:

Feeling empowered. This time I can and I will do it!

Just had a moment of triumph … a stringent urge. And my brain actively prevented it!! Yay!!

1 Like

Next up, had bouts of strong urges…but I feel after the last attack I am more empowered.
Things I am trying to NOT DO:

1. Apps like Tumblr and likes that are overwhelmingly full with stuff that I had added in the addicted mode.i am not giving I’m to the temptations of installing the app again.
    Trying to divert my attention to things like workout. Simple things that can be done at home.

I have heard that if you can keep at doing something for 21 days staright, you’ll be able to turn it into a habit. I am right now rooting for a 21 days streak

Starting the day with a happy win! I won over very strong urges right in the morning! The urges almsot won over me but my brain put up a great fight! Getting ready for office and heres looking forward to a wonderful day ahead!

1 Like

Use things like AppDetox or Bashful to prevent yourself from accessing the apps. It helps.

And stay strong man, I am also fighting youtube addiction along with no fap. Day 12 here!