[29M] Forerunner's Diary - Ascension to Greatness šŸ™‡šŸ¾

Love this brother! Iā€™ll always remember your quote! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great job strong words.

4 Likes

Congratulations @Forerunner Bhai, for coming 50 days ahead of your former self. :grin::+1:

6 Likes

It involves learning about the addiction and changing my thinking processes to make success easier. It could be reading articles or books, watching videos, or like yesterday, practising overcoming urges.

So many people are afraid of urges. They donā€™t know what to do when urges arise; they seem to feel that a urge leads to a guaranteed outcome - a relapse. I was the same way in the past, so I can understand. But it is broken thinking. Urges can all be defeated if we so choose.

So yesterday, I thought about how good things are going for me. And how much better life will be as I continue on this path with GODā€™s Help. Then I let in the thought of relapsing. What would a relapse look like after 49 days, new videos etc, the usual lies. And then I told myself to keep going, that there is nothing good for me back there, only misery and suffering as we all know very well. It is conditioning my mind to see the truth about PMO at all times and to be prepared when strong urges come up.

And at the end I told myself, I will never relapse again, and I will never change my mind.

4 Likes

If we always keep that thought in the front of our minds brother, we will never return. Keep going strong on your journey brother :muscle:

4 Likes

Appreciate it brother :100:

4 Likes

Thanks for your congratulations bhai. And Backrunner said that I wouldnā€™t reach 50 days :smile:

Thank GOD. We keep going strong :muscle:

5 Likes

Got it brother. So positioning yourself against the trauma of the relapse at all times. Great. Thanks. :+1::smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting interestingā€¦
Never heard anyone discuss or speak out about such a technique or training about conditioning the mind to be prepared and hardened for when urges come.I would place betā€™s that this is a effective strategy to reminisce and think about on a daily basis what your life would be like if you relapsed and the real core reasons you need to quit.
How long do you usually spend thinking about urges to then conditioning the mind with strong words of conviction?

4 Likes

5-10 minutes. I can do the mental exercise while doing something else, like while Iā€™m out on a walk.

The idea is about being proactive about urges instead of reactive. We know we will be tempted again and again. So itā€™s best to train ourselves to handle the temptation in a controlled environment.

6 Likes

Forgetting the trauma of relapsing is the only way we can continue in addiction. The pain and suffering is awful. We have to push it out of our minds and deny that itā€™s there in order to continue engaging in addiction.

When we recall the truth regularly - that PMO has ruined our lives and more PMO would only continue to do so - it becomes easier to remain sober and abstinent.

3 Likes

A bit of an update:

I was released from hospital yesterday after surgery. Thank GOD, it went well and Iā€™m in good health.

Of all the areas of the body for me to have surgery on, it was the very area we avoid touching on this journey of NoPMO. Long story short, the surgery was addressing a childhood injury that progressed over the years and which was making it difficult to urinate.

Essentially, any relapse could do serious damage to my penis right now, as it needs to heal from the surgery for at least 4 weeks. A strange blessing in disguise that should make the next month of recovery a walk in the park.

I imagine what it would be like if people were told that the next PMO session could have that level of serious impact. Many people would find it easier to finally reach a month clean. But truthfully, the next relapse does have that impact, not on our bodies but on our minds. Relapsing is not part of the journey. Each one creates a deeper pit of addiction that makes it more and more difficult to climb out.

Donā€™t wait for someone to come and physically tell you that you canā€™t masturbate. This situation will likely never happen. Tell yourself that you deserve a far better life than anything PMO has ever offered you. You definitely do. Let go of PMO, thereā€™s nothing for us there anymore. Letā€™s all reclaim our lives and become the amazing men and women we know we can be.

18 Likes

Hope youā€™ll recover as soon as possible :pray:
Always remember to drink enough water and eat healthy!! :crown:

4 Likes

Day 49: 4th May 2023

Daily Activities:

:white_check_mark:Prayers
:white_check_mark:Listening to Qurā€™an Recitation
:white_check_mark:Listening to Motivational Content
:white_check_mark:Listening to NoPMO Motivational Content
:white_check_mark:Reading NoPMO Book ā€˜Rational Recoveryā€™ and Taking Notes
:white_check_mark:Reading Daily Reminder
:white_check_mark:Watching Qurā€™anic Lecture
:white_check_mark:Renewed Commitment to Abstinence
:white_check_mark:Drinking 2L of Water
:white_check_mark:Taking Vitamins
:white_check_mark:Cold Shower
:white_check_mark:Walking (12.8 km)
:white_check_mark:Mindful Breathing
:white_check_mark:Completed My 3 ā€˜Atomic Habitsā€™
:white_check_mark:Working on Dropshipping Business (>15 minutes)
:white_check_mark:Conversations with Loved Ones
:white_check_mark:Phone Call with a NoPMO Brother
:white_check_mark:Reflection
:white_check_mark:Gratitude
:white_check_mark:Thinking about the Future
:white_check_mark:Recorded Day 49 Video

Day 49 video to be uploaded

Alhamdulillah for everything.

5 Likes

Thank you brother, Iā€™ll take good care of myself.

2 Likes

Damnn bro. I wish you fast recovery and self controlā€¦

3 Likes

Appreciate that man, thank you

3 Likes

Get well soon bro. But maybe not so soon cuz it will help you to not touch your thing.
Anyways I hope that you stay strong through this all. And when the situation ends you will be stronger than ever.

3 Likes

Statement hits hard.

Stay strong Hero. You are a Forerunner indeed. Wish you the speediest recovery. Also, a huge thanks for always inspiring and telling us even in grave circumstances as this, we must never lose sight of our goals. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Wishing you a speedy recovery bro! :pray:

5 Likes