My sharing code is eoivgi.

Thank GOD for the journey!

5 Likes

:pray: Letā€™s do this again bro!
Youā€™re a legend! :grin::fist:

2 Likes

Day 1: 23rd May 2020.

@anon67854825 GOD bless you brother :pray::cry:

I havenā€™t felt like much of a legend recently, itā€™s time to stand up again.

I watched one of my old YouTube videos today, it was like looking at a different person. And yet from where I stand today, I can already see where he was going wrong. With hindsight I could see his relapse coming. The lapse in discipline. He had stopped regularly reminding himself how much he wanted to continue being free. The slow return to the life I had before - junk food, wasting my time unproductively, isolating.

This is a daily battle between the self who wants to watch 10 hours of Netflix, play video games, eat tubs of ice cream and cakes and binge on PMO, and the self who wants to change his world and the world around him for the better. Every action is a vote for who gets to win that day.

I still have a lot of work to do, but today Iā€™m voting for the right candidate.

18 Likes

Hey man,
Why donā€™t you continue writing?
Atleast once a week

4 Likes

@Forerunner
Brother, I hope you are doing well. We are waiting for your return.

2 Likes

He is doing good. He is on 22 days streakā€¦ today.

2 Likes

Day 1: 1st July 2020

Thank you @anon98741803 @HappySoul @Sahas

I felt I wasnā€™t in the right place to post anything.

There is so much positive change happening on other peopleā€™s diaries now, itā€™s an amazing thing to see. People taking charge of their lives and moving forward. I pray everyone achieves success and freedom. For myself, I felt trapped by failures again and again, and I couldnā€™t bring myself to write about that.

But Iā€™m done feeling sorry for myself. With GODā€™s Help, I will turn my life around and become stronger than Iā€™ve ever been. I will raise my mindset to a new level, since the problems Iā€™ve created for myself in the past cannot be resolved by the same level of thinking that produced them.

I chose this name because it means the person who is leading the crowd of people who are the very best. Itā€™s a goal to work towards in all areas of life - making sure that youā€™re giving your absolute best and leaving nothing behind.

Itā€™s time to live up to the name Forerunner.

10 Likes

Welcome back Joshua!
Maybe you can try Zeneā€™s Method
Maybe not 100%
But, donā€™t only depend on your mind
Make system!
Not only doing something, but also leave something
I think leave something is more powerful than doing something and itā€™s work for me, if itā€™s work for me, maybe itā€™s work for you

So, good luck ex-legendā€¦

God bless you

6 Likes

:tada:Congrats for 30 days bro! Keep rising!

And when will you start doing your daily check-ins againā€¦? Iā€™m missing your amazing, thought-provoking postsšŸ˜…

6 Likes

@Martial_Beast Thanks bro.

I am tired of coming here and posting the same things again and again, thatā€™s why I havenā€™t posted anything.

@Andi Thanks for your advice bro. Zeneā€™s method is EXTREME! :sweat_smile: I can see why you said not 100% of it. But I believe it will be helpful. I want to do it for the month of August. I can post my progress here, that is something new.

7 Likes

Brotherā€¦You can do it ā€¦Congratulation for 30daysā€¦

3 Likes

We do not mind if you post the same thing a hundred times as long as you are improving and committed to your journey.

I wish you all the best bro

6 Likes

Day 1: 1st July 2020

@Aragorn Thanks brother, good to see you here again. Youā€™ve been missed.

Thank GOD, Iā€™ve been clean for 50 days again. Itā€™s been a bumpy ride getting back here again, but each U-turn and dead end road was 100% on me. Iā€™m understanding the mindset required to be free even better than I did before.

10 Likes

Glad to see that you are back sirā€¦ :smile::fire::fire:

4 Likes

Welcome back @Forerunner
I am one of your diary readers.
You must write something regularly.

3 Likes

Very well said. We hope you are back stronger than ever.

4 Likes

Day 1: 8th October 2020

Itā€™s time for me to be honest with myself. Iā€™m an addict.

Iā€™m addicted to avoiding pain. Iā€™m addicted to avoiding responsibility or taking charge of my life and my success.

Iā€™m very impatient. I donā€™t want to wait or spend energy to make good things happen, and I donā€™t like feeling uncomfortable at all. I crave immediate gratification. Anything I can do to escape the pain of being myself and in my head with these dark thoughts. Whether it be video games, junk food, YouTube, scrolling through Instagram, binge-watching Netflix, and OF COURSE PMO, it is the same story. I donā€™t love myself, I donā€™t even like myself. How can I when I spend my time doing things I donā€™t respect myself for?

But worse of all, Iā€™m addicted to hope. Iā€™m still optimistic that one day, someday in the future, things will be better. Somehow, Iā€™ll overcome this darkness and things will be great. I get back on a streak, I tell myself that things are different, theyā€™ll surely change this time around. But I just want it to happen magically. I want to wake up tomorrow and feel like the person whoā€™s capable of making that change. I donā€™t want to do the work to make it happen.

Nothing will change unless I change. Itā€™s up to me. I canā€™t push the blame or responsibility onto anyone else.

I have been so blessed. There are so many good things in my life, and I take GODā€™s blessings for granted every day. I have the love and support of family members and friends who are aware of my struggles on this journey and still love me, even when I isolate from them and mistreat them. I have enough savings to live comfortably for a few good months during this period where Iā€™m unemployed, but Iā€™ve been abusing my finances and buying ice cream, cakes and chocolate to eat like an 8-year-old boy. I have skills and talents and abilities that are lying dormant and unused.

If I donā€™t make real changes and heal the damage and pain within, it doesnā€™t matter what my counter is showing, I will always go back to square one.

Today, I chose to live above the addiction. I am in pain right now, but I am embracing it. This pain is temporary, and as I continue to grow and improve through positive activities, it will be replaced by real pleasure, happiness and fulfillment. Thank GOD for that.

Time to break these chains for good.

:white_check_mark: Prayers
:white_check_mark: Fasting
:white_check_mark: Watched NoPMO Motivational Video
:white_check_mark: Cold Shower
:white_check_mark: 13.95km Walk
:white_check_mark: Listened to Scripture
:white_check_mark: Mindful Breathing
:white_check_mark: Worked on eBay Business
:white_check_mark: PMO Recovery Work
:white_check_mark: Philosophy Course
:white_check_mark: Looked at Life Plan
:white_check_mark: Conversation with Loved Ones
:white_check_mark: Visualisation
:white_check_mark: Journal Entry
:white_check_mark: Recorded Video
:white_check_mark: Rewire Companion Entry

Always thank GOD for everything.

10 Likes

Hang in there brother. Just keep trying. One of my most favorite quotes is that the most successful people in this world are the biggest failures. Michael Jordan said that.

3 Likes

They just keep trying until success is had. Its a journey. Its not easy. But you can do it. Wont be a straight line either.

2 Likes

Day 2: 9th October 2020

@PatrickJ Thanks for your support and encouragement, Patrick.

Today wasā€¦today was difficult, but it was a blessing.

So much pain and sorrow, crying and tears, but Iā€™m smiling now as I write this post this evening. The pieces are coming together.

Iā€™ll have more to say tomorrow, GOD willing. For now, Iā€™ll post what my friend shared with me after I told her Iā€™d relapsed again.

Detachment - Let go of ideas/feelings/anchors that cause you to doubt. Things will not happen the way you want or how you expect them to. You cannot be attached to an idea so strongly. There are forces working for and against you at all times. Nothing happens as we plan it.

Gratitude - Things are moving. Not in the way you thought or expected, but you still have things others would pray for. Donā€™t compare your circumstances to anything or anyone else, even your past self. Have gratitude for what you have right NOW. We always have the choice in every moment to see the positive aspects of our situation.

Progression - You are still moving forward. Recognise that your path isnā€™t linear. Step back, be grateful. Donā€™t focus on what you donā€™t have, what you havenā€™t achieved. Think about what you do have, what you have learned, who you have positively influenced and impacted along the way. Donā€™t focus on how long it takes you to get to your destination, be grateful for every step of the journey.

When you feel those dark thoughts come back, think of 3 things youā€™re grateful for in the present moment which will allow you to balance yourself and see clearly again. Itā€™s your choice how you respond to every situation.

Donā€™t be afraid of the past repeating itself, be afraid of doing the same things in the present which will produce a future that matches your past. If youā€™re stuck doing the same habits that held you back before, stop immediately. Youā€™re creating the same result. The present moment is the most precious time in your existence. Every thing you do right now, matters.

:white_check_mark: Prayers
:white_check_mark: Fasting
:white_check_mark: Prepared Healthy Meal
:white_check_mark: Watched NoPMO Motivational Video
:white_check_mark: Cold Shower
:white_check_mark: 10km Walk
:white_check_mark: Listened to Scripture
:white_check_mark: Mindful Breathing
:white_check_mark: Worked on eBay Business
:white_check_mark: PMO Recovery Work
:white_check_mark: Philosophy Course
:white_check_mark: Looked at Life Plan