[26 M] Mikie's Journey

Woah Man!!!
You made it :sparkles:

All the Best For Further Endeavours…

1 Like

Day: 120

Achieved yet another milestone in this journey. To be honest, going clean each day is an achievement in itself. It helps a lot to have gone too far with this.

Getting really busy in work helped me a lot in this journey.

Stay strong guys. This is totally worth it.

2 Likes

Day: 150

Arrived at one more checkpoint. Feels great.
Coping mechanism is getting stronger with each day.

I don’t feel the urges anymore. Any sadness does not lead to relapse.

PMO is not the way to find refuge from real life problems but, it is one of the problems. It is as if my mind has understood that once and for all.

Guys, try to find the solution and not procrastinate or go lazy on the problems. Never ever try to bring PMO as a way to distract and exhaust your mind.

Keep going!

2 Likes

Day: 180

Achieved yet another milestone. Feels great. Felt some urges last night. But, held onto my willpower.

2 Likes

Day: 0

Relapsed after 180 days. Becoming “Prisoner” after reaching title of “Imperial Monarch”.

Became prisoner to my thoughts and my mind. I thought that willpower alone shall take me far far off. But, no. It only gets you far enough, you have to make efforts to conserve the willpower and use less of it wherever possible.

One of the reasons for my relapse is use of social media where I came across some triggering content and have to use more of my willpower to keep myself from relapsing.

I have to make serious efforts again. Keep going guys. It’s very gloomy and dark out here.

Rise above and shine.

2 Likes

Social media led to my downfall after a 90+ day streak as well last year. I’ve come to believe I can’t have a carefree attitude when it comes to the internet, period.

I think a big part of recovery has to do with building responses over time to every situation so that it becomes second nature to move away the second a trigger comes.
Like a deer in the forest that hears a crack in the bushes. A second to process and a second to remove myself from the situation, leaving no seconds for the temptation to fester.

I suppose that sounds high strung, and I guess it will be at first, but I think over time it can actually become second nature and eventually something done on reflex without any willpower at all.

At least thats what I’m hoping for, still a long way to go…

Congrats on that streak @MikieS that kind of time away from the addiction has to have had numerous healthy effects that can’t be lost in a moment.

2 Likes

Day: 12

All set for another big run.

Good luck to everyone else. Keep going and keep strong.

2 Likes

Day: 15

Reached 15 days mark. No urges so far. Maybe the last big streak showing its benefits.

Day: 18

Another checkpoint. Another achievement.

Climbing again.

Day 0 (Prisoner)

Relapsed at Day 23.

(Prisoner)

Getting up again. Will have to break out from the mental prison first; that sick mentality.

Day: 2 (Migrant)

Got a few urges to do it. It was when I was about to hit 2 days. I held on by getting out of the bed and got busy with washing clothes. The urges faded away and now everything seems under control.

Its another day gone and this is going good. Hope to continue this habit of moving away from behaviours that trigger urges.

NF day 3 (Settler)

Experienced a couple of urges. Controlled them and moved on. It feels like an accomplishment.

Keep going guys. All the best!!!

NF day 5 (Peasant)

Reached a new checkpoint. Feels good.

Stay strong guys and keep going!!!

1 Like

Day 0 (Relapse)

I’ve been free for most of the time lately leading to more frequent urges and ultimately it made me fall into the old bad habit of PM.
There was this war going on inside my head and I failed to dominate over the bad thoughts. I am devastated and feeling like a loser now.

Let’s see how the next couple of days go.

Yesterday you had NF, that’s probably you relapsed today. U should control the day and the next day following NF, sometimes urges are uncontrollable

I am feeling very down due to repeated relapses. Need to work on daily basis and grow day by day.

Completed day 1.
I am now returning to the basics and taking the goal on daily basis. Yesterday was a busy day, and it helped. Maybe I shall keep myself busy for more periods.
I will continue in this way for days to come until it is hard wired in my brain to keep away from PMO.

Cheers

1 Like

Completed day 2 (Migrant)

Day was busy enough for me to keep me away from stray thoughts. I was dead tired by the evening and so I slept early.

This might be a hack, but, it has always worked in the past while I had 150+ days streaks.

I’ll incorporate exercise and meditation in the morning time to develop the strength for the greatest fight that’s coming ahead.

Few micro habits lead to a great outcome.

Cheers

Day 3 (Settler)

Completed day 3. Was busy with the work today.

Feeling good as I have passed through yet one more day without any urges at all.

Cheers