[26 M] Mikie's Journey

I have been going up and down with my streaks. Willpower works. Mostly my emotions get the better of me and cause me to slip at times.

Trying to get over it from 2 years. Now, I’ve invested in Rewire Companion and I think I’ll make it taking challenge for one day at a time.

There has been times when had known that I am going to blow up my streak but, something kept me from stopping myself. That tells a lot about me and my inability to control myself even when I knew it is going to hurt the next morning.

I am a working executive. Live away from my home. Only work is something which keeps me busy. I’ve spotted a pattern in my journey. I get back from work and feeling tired lay on my bed with my phone. While using my phone I come across some photo or video and which shakes my willpower and suddenly I am in a situation that I want to masturbate so badly that I could not stop myself from doing it.

Now I commit to myself that I won’t slip or relapse and continue till I forget such a thing exists.

10 Likes

This is Day 3 of my journey. I am thinking of improving my sleep schedule and shall try to wake up early and increase my water intake.

5 Likes

This is Day 6. So far so good. Never felt that much in control.
Kept busy by the work. Stayed up late for the night watching movie.

4 Likes

Day 10, and I feel that I am in control. But, I remember how many times I said this thing to myself. I have made farther when I said positive things to myself than times when I said or felt other way.

Self appraising myself with positive feedback raise the chances of overcoming.

3 Likes

Day 27: This feels more easy now as I progress in the journey. I practice mindfulness meditation and it helps dealing with thoughts and get back in control.

3 Likes

Day 33:
Kept myself busy with the work. This feels more in control now than it was ever before. Been reading a book titled “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki. A great book on learning about money and to control the financial part of our lives.

3 Likes

Day 41:
Posting my progress in public makes me pushing hard.
Rich Dad Poor Dad is a great book to learn money management and become financially literate.
Connecting with people also helps.

2 Likes

Day 49:
Huge urge tried to get the best of me and I showed it the way. It is now easy as I have made progress, as I have built up this thing somewhat bigger and blowing it off would hurt a lot as if it’s some kind of castle.
Going strong. It’s gonna be 50 days tomorrow. I am grateful and thankful to the community.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

You are discreet, your journal deserves more attention from the community :facepunch: :facepunch: :facepunch:

3 Likes

Thank you @FlowForCourage!
Anything that keeps me on track is fine.

1 Like

Day 50:
Finally, I am at half century mark. I previously had a streak of 150+ days. But, I eventually gave up. I take this as a challenge to first get past the previous best and then beyond.

I read a lot of posts on this community and it gives me hope that everything is going to get better and better. It depends on the level of commitment and determination that I put into this journey. It’s all about constant learning and growing would eventually follow along.

Patience is the key.:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

6 Likes

Day 0:

I have done something that I never expected. I went ahead with bypassing the content blocker on my phone. It is clear that no blocker can stop if we really put our mind to it. Our determination and commitment is everything.

Blew up my 50 days streak. I will rise again. This time a bit more experienced than before. I’ll give my 100 percent in this journey.

4 Likes

Outch!

See you at the 100-day top!

3 Likes

Day 3:
There has been a change in my location and it helps. I am visiting my home after long time of 9 months. It feels great! Hope I make the best of it this time.

3 Likes

Day 5:
This feels better.

2 Likes

Day 12:
I am feeling good and want to keep this attitude for time to come. Enjoying every bit of the journey with positive attitude.

3 Likes

"Our determination and commitment is everything. "

Great said.

3 Likes

Day: 15
Reading as much as I can on this community helps me understand the various problems that people face and try to avoid those in my journey. It is a great experience. Just cruising along in this journey…

I’m feeling a little sick today, but yeah! Taking my medicines…
No urges are felt these days, and maybe that’s how I want to keep it like that for more days to come.
Joining this community is the best thing I did, that’s what I feel now. A lot of great minds up here sharing their stories, experiences. It’s learning about the different perspectives which will take me to the very top.

Thanks for teaming up!

5 Likes

It’s smart! Someone’s mistakes are free lessons for others :+1:

Keep doing great, bro!

5 Likes

Check in: Day 18

This badge is great. I feel the badge system has been put there to act as a reward which our brain gets in the form of dopamine. Our brain becomes more sensitive to small levels of it as we go on with this.

Now things are getting more and more easy. I feel more energetic while getting up in the morning. I now wake up 2 hours earlier than I used to get up. I do not get anxious easily and can focus on finding solution rather than fretting over things every now and then. Meditation helps in that too.
Focusing on important things rather than doing everything.

Smile.

6 Likes