(23M) An old diary

Try doing 500 pushups in 24 hour. It will exponentially increase your limit. Found this tip from a former kick box champion.

4 Likes

Yeah bro, its very important that you do it slow to see the real gains. Here’s a video where they teach the quality of pushups required for recruitment (you’d need to do 42 of those under 2 minutes). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LwTGJdnmZWo
That holding part begins after you get in to the army. But I think military pushups are relatively easier than military pull ups where one is required to stay on top for 27 seconds (ofcourse this also begins after you get into the service).

3 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: ight imma head out

4 Likes

The first time i heard it even for me it was unusual. Seemed very hard. I used to do 20 -25 pushup in a set. But 500 in 24 hour is not that big deal. It’s not easy but not impossible. Once you do that your limit will increase suddenly.

5 Likes

That was what I suggested him bro (actually I suggested to begin with 100 in a day). But since he has exams coming up, I reckon that the way he is pushing his limits is not bad either. Time will come when he’ll be doing 500 pushups in 10 minutes.

4 Likes

@PrDr I tried to do 100, I only did 40 in my morning session, but I could only do 15 more in the evening and my arms were dead :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:, 500 in a day is way out of my league for now I think.

3 Likes

I have going to gym for quite a while when i tried that. Now i can do that in 1 hour. Thinking to do 1000 pushups in 24 hour challenge.

3 Likes

Lol :joy:, I saw the same video yesterday and I do exact same way. They didn’t mention the holding for 3-5 seconds part, but yeah I am way below 42 mark :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

I never went to gym, I have never lifted weights, this might be the reason that my arms are not that strong.

3 Likes

Damn man, I am shit at pullups (I thought I was good at pushups but I am shit at that too :joy:), I can barely do 2-3 pullups, I don’t have a pullup bar here anywhere so i have completely given up on that.

1 Like

Bro, I am bad at pullups too. Till very recently (before joining gym), I was not able to do even 1 pull up, and that was because of the same reason that I don’t have anything to hang on to at home. Right now, I am able to do like 5-6 pullups in a go. But even at my best, I could never do more than 8 -9 pullups in a set. And yeah, could not hold even one for 27 seconds. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hah that feels good to read​:joy::joy::joy:.
Yay I am normal

2 Likes

I can only do 2 pull ups in a row…

1 Like

Wow :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:, that literally blew my mind that you are also bad at some exercise :joy::joy:

1 Like

Alright, don’t get cocky now, it coz of my shoulder condition. The whole pull up motion is unsafe for me. If I put too much pressure on my shoulder joint, it’ll pop right out and I’m fucked😖

2 Likes

Shit :sweat_smile:, sorry for that comment bro, why do I keep forgetting about your shoulder.

1 Like

Chill chill, I don’t really mind. After all, god doesn’t give all talents to one person :joy:

1 Like

IMG_20210223_233037

2 Likes

IMG_20210221_123136

2 Likes

Bro there are some tricks you can do increase your pull ups. You can search for it. But you need to make your lat strong to do that.

2 Likes