[22F] Give Until There's Nothing Left

Hey everybody!

Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve written in my diary.

To explain why I’ve been MIA:
Typically every year from December 20th-January 10th I get a really bad case of “Christmas/holiday blues.” My theory is a lot of holiday stress, constant interaction/hosting friends and family, working, the lack of sunshine, another year passing/getting older, etc, play into it.

Anyways, the past couple weeks I have been having a lack of energy and motivation. Then to make things harder, a friend died unexpectedly a few days before Christmas. So I’ve been dealing with a lot of grief and sadness surrounding that.

All this to say, life has been a little rough, hence why I have been MIA, but I’m coming out of it.

Merry belated Christmas and Happy belated New Year to all you guys!

I’m working up/rewriting some daily goals for 2021! So hopefully I will have those finished tomorrow and will start keeping up with this diary again!

Have a good night everyone!

5 Likes

Hey sister, I was just thinking yesterday that we haven’t seen you here in a while. Glad, that you’re finally back. It’s tough when our beloved ones leave us in the middle of this journey. But you’ll have to continue anyways. We all come alone, and we’ll leave alone as well. And you are a strong person, you’ll come out of this. Merry christmas and happy new year to you as well. I hope you are able to overcome this grief soon and your streak continues for long.

4 Likes

Hey! @tfish98
I’ve wanted to ask why you were AWOL xD and also saw that you relapsed :cry:
But it’s a new year, and trust in Him that makes all things new. You can do this!

5 Likes

Thanks @PrDr and @debellator! Appreciate your thoughts and encouragement! Pressing on in 2021!

4 Likes

My sharing code: 2weel2
Thoughts of the Day: First day back to writing! Well, the day started off a little rough. My card was declined at the store because it turns out I had a bunch of fraudulent activity happen over the weekend and someone stole my card #. So, I had to make a trip to the bank to sort everything out. :confounded: But it’s all good. Should be able to get my money back. The rest of the day I spent cleaning and working on projects around the house. It’s been pretty good. Channeling my energy into productive things and not dwelling on thoughts about MO has been very effective. Thankful for the supportive community here. Trying to seize each day in 2021!

:heavy_check_mark:Get up by 6:30am and make bed

:heavy_check_mark:Floss, mouthwash, and treat face

:heavy_check_mark:Track daily morning weight

:heavy_check_mark:Read my Bible

:heavy_check_mark:Write in my prayer journal

:heavy_check_mark:Walk/Work out for 30mins

:heavy_check_mark:Read a book for 30mins

:heavy_check_mark:Practice piano for 30mins

:heavy_check_mark:Practice harp for 30 mins

:heavy_check_mark:Text/write encouragement to one friend

:heavy_check_mark:Drink only water

:heavy_check_mark:Go to bed by 10:30pm. Have my daily diary post made and have my electronic devices out of room charging downstairs by that time.

:heavy_check_mark:Set up/spend quality time with a friend twice a month

:heavy_check_mark:Spend quality time with family once a week

:heavy_check_mark:Record and post a video playing the piano/harp once a week. This week was “Jesus Loves Me”, a song near and dear to my heart throughout my life. https://youtu.be/i1QICMlhCu8

6 Likes

Satan is prolly upping the anthe because of seeing your daily schedule. Shesh, that’s productive.
You go and beat this PMO!

3 Likes

You have played it beautifully. You are so damn talented with all the musical instruments you play sis, but harp is really something playing which you seem to be very peaceful and calm. You also seem to be losing some weight lately, I hope I’m not saying that due to camera angle and I mean that in a good way. All the best sister. Keep going and also keep brushing your skills. You are very talented.

3 Likes

Welcome back my friend @tfish98 . I know in this life people are facing some up and down but this is part of life. Sometimes we feel l am only one who facing these difficults know that wrong. I think we all are facing some difficulties each and every day but this is life.difficulties give us a some experiences to make a better life .one more thing god always bee their in our difficulties. I saw your piano harp video is nice keep going like this.l know you can do it girl :pray: and god bless you my friend @tfish98

2 Likes

I thought the same thing! Not gonna let it get me down though!

2 Likes

Thank you! I do really love playing music! It’s very good stress relief and activitu for me! But the harp is especially very peaceful and beautiful!
I am trying to lose some weight, I think I’ve lost maybe 4 lbs since December. So not a ton, but I will get there!
Thanks for the encouragement! Best wishes in your journey!

3 Likes

Thanks girl! It’s good to be back!
You are absolutely right! Difficulties are part if life. Like the old proverb, “A life of sunshine would make a desert,” we wouldn’t appreciate things as much if there wasn’t some rain every so often. And God is absolutely with us!
Thanks for the encouragement! God bless you my friend!

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that. You are at peace while playing harp. :slight_smile: And, as for weight loss, just drink around 3-4 litres of water everyday and walk (which you can slowly progress into running). You can also try some workouts later on when you have the will and time. But, don’t worry too much about it, you’re doing fantastic. I hope you’ll destroy all the hurdles in your path and overcome every challenge. Take care. And thanks for your best wishes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@PrDr Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Thoughts of the Day: Pretty busy day! Had to run my family around town due to my dad’s car being in the shop, but still had time to get my goals done! Trying to seize each day in 2021!

:heavy_check_mark:Go to bed by 10:30pm. Have my daily diary post made and have my electronic devices out of room charging downstairs by that time.

:vertical_traffic_light:Record and post a video playing the piano/harp once a week.

5 Likes

Thoughts of the Day: Had work today, so I was a little busy and couldn’t get to everything! Two exciting things happened today though! #1 I got promoted at work! #2 My friend wants me to play harp for her wedding in May! Trying to seize each day in 2021!

:x:Read a book for 30mins

:x:Practice piano for 30mins

:x::vertical_traffic_light:Go to bed by 10:30pm. Have my daily diary post made and have my electronic devices out of room charging downstairs by that time.

:vertical_traffic_light:Record and post a video playing the piano/harp once a week.

5 Likes

Thoughts of the Day: Ran around doing errands and cleaning the house today. Had a small family party for my sister’s birthday. :slight_smile: Going to bed at a decent time tonight! Trying to seize each day in 2021!

:x:Walk/Work out for 30mins

5 Likes

Thoughts of the Day: Long, busy day in my new role at work! Loved it! Tomorrow I’m on my own and out of training! Trying to seize each day in 2021!

:x:Practice harp for 30 mins

:x:Text/write encouragement to one friend

7 Likes

Thoughts of the Day: It’s been a busy few days! Worked on some house projects, sent my sister back to school, started my new role at my job, and spent some time with my grandparents! Also, my friend asked me to play harp for her wedding in May, so I am super pumped! Trying to seize each day in 2021!

:heavy_check_mark:Record and post a video playing the piano/harp once a week. I’m trying to learn the song “Butterfly Waltz” for my friend’s wedding in May, so here’s the first bit I memorized to play! https://youtu.be/jRS1I_6svFc

3 Likes

Thoughts of the Day: Y’all, work wiped me out, I’m falling asleep and it’s only 9pm. Going to head to bed.

:x:Floss, mouthwash, and treat face

:x:Write in my prayer journal

:x:Practice harp for 30 mins

3 Likes

Thoughts of the Day: Worked on cleaning the house and music all day! Chatted with some friends online. Pretty good day!

:x:Walk/Work out for 30mins

6 Likes