[22F] Give Until There's Nothing Left

Hello everybody!

I’ve had a lot of relapsing, so I decided to start a diary to keep myself accountable and for reflection. I think it will personally help me to write down and publicly state how I spend my time and keep commitments. I will do this everyday.

Each day I am going to work on these goals:

-Get up at 0600 (0515 workdays)
-Daily weigh-in
-Read Bible and Pray 30 mins
-Work out 30mins (Skip on workdays)
-Drink only water (Holidays excepted)
-Write one letter/note/text of encouragement to a friend
-Read a good book for 30mins
-Practice piano and/or harp for 30 mins
-Record video playing the piano/harp once a week
-Work on creating my harpist business (set up links to harp videos, an About/Contact section, a pricing section, etc)
-Set up/spend quality time with a friend or family member once a week
-Keep phone and computer out of room
-Keep door open to room and curtains of window open except when changing clothing and sleeping
-Write diary entry on Rewire forum by 2100 documenting goal success
-Go to bed by 1100pm

I am also going to document my streak, whether I had urges, and how I overcame them. My plan to overcome urges:
-Leave room/place where I am and go to a more public room/place.
-Read the Bible (1 Corinthians 10:13, 2 Timothy 2:4, 2 Timothy 2:22, Matthew 19:26, 1 Corinthians 6:18, James 1:13-16, Romans 13:14, Ephesians 6:12).
-Meditate on the scriptures above and Pray.
-Acknowledge and take full responsibility for the urge. Accept it as normal without feeling any guilt or shame. Acknowledge everyone is tempted, but it is our actions that matter. I will acknowledge my ability to choose freely at any moment, and I will choose my vision of freedom. (Credit to user Forerunner for that statement)
-Listen to a playlist of my favourite songs.
-Go for a walk or excersise of some sort.
-Reach out to the Rewire Community and my Companions.

Aside from those, I might also write down any thoughts I’m having about my journey and some positive affirmation or negative/need to vent.

Thanks for joining me in this journey! Best wishes! :sparkling_heart: I’ll make my first entry tonight!

P.S. - For anyone who is wondering, I’m calling it “Give Until There’s Nothing Left” after my favorite Relient K song. Encouraging myself to give my all to God!

23 Likes

Glad to see a Christian here, I would like to mention some verses here
I Corinthians 6:18
Job 31:1
Mathew 5:28
Proverbs 6:25
James 1:14
Romans 13:14
But mostly the verse which helped me a lot was the chapter I John.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations! I will keep them handy and look them over!

2 Likes

Ephesians 6:12
Glad to see you begin a diary @tfish98
Helped me a lot when I used to struggle with chaser. The companions that encourage are the best.

Proverbs 27:17- Iron sharpens iron
Here to help/pray/share verses and help, dear sister in Christ.

Keep going!
2 Timothy 2:22
So flee youthful lust and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord with a pure heart.

What’s your favourite music? I play the piano too :grinning: and my favourite band is Petra (Old, I know).

With His help, we can do this.

2 Likes

Thanks Ash_Matt!

I have a pretty wide variety of music I like, but I lean most towards oldies (Frank Sinatra, Swing, Big Band), 80s (Tears for Fears, One Hit Wonders), and Christian pop/punk/rock (Relient K, Tenth Avenue North, Superchick, Sidewalk Prophets).

I haven’t heard someone talk about Petra in a long time! That’s awesome! How long have you been playing piano?

2 Likes

Key: :heavy_check_mark: - accomplishment, :x: - did not accomplish, :vertical_traffic_light: - will accomplish later this week/day.

:heavy_check_mark:Get up at 0600 (0515 workdays)

:heavy_check_mark:Daily weigh-in

:heavy_check_mark:Read Bible and Pray 30 mins

:heavy_check_mark:Work out 30mins (Skip on workdays)

:heavy_check_mark:Drink only water (Holidays excepted)

:heavy_check_mark:Write one letter/note/text of encouragement to a friend

:heavy_check_mark:Read a good book for 30mins

:heavy_check_mark:Practice piano and/or harp for 30 mins

:vertical_traffic_light:Record video playing the piano/harp once a week

:heavy_check_mark:Work on creating my harpist business (set up links to harp videos, an About/Contact section, a pricing section, etc)

:heavy_check_mark:Set up/spend quality time with a friend or family member once a week

:heavy_check_mark:Keep phone and computer out of room

:heavy_check_mark:Keep door open to room and curtains of window open except when changing clothing and sleeping

:heavy_check_mark:Write diary entry on Rewire forum by 2100 documenting goal success

:vertical_traffic_light:Go to bed by 1100pm

Today was a pretty good day. No urges, kept myself busy with my daily goals and errands. Grateful for this community!

Current streak: 20hrs 30mins
Highest streak: 6days 8hrs

4 Likes

Nice!
I’m not into that kind of music much. I like Petra because their rock is great and their lyrics are even better. My favourite genres are EDM/trap and classical (though they seem at the opposite ends of the spectrum :joy: )

I’ve been playing the piano for about 7 years now. Working on (finally!)finishing the last grade (under Trinity) so that I can return to what I really enjoy doing- Learning classical pieces. Halfway through Moonlight Sonata, 3rd Movt.

How long have you been playing the piano/harp?

3 Likes

Wow Classical! I always used to play Chopin (My name says it) I love Chopin’s Music so much when compared to other Music… I feel when it comes to the Piano Chopin is the best Composer

2 Likes

:joy: @AbishekChopin2 I’m more of a fan of Liszt and Beethoven. Maybe Paganinni and Mozart too.
Personally, I’m okay with Chopin, though not a huge fan of Romantic pieces (prefer classical). Beethoven and Liszt, however, wrote classical style pieces even though they were also romantique composers.

2 Likes

Nice! That is a wide range indeed!

That’s awesome! Moonlight Sonata is beautiful!

I’ve been playing piano seriously for a year, on and off for a few years before that.
Harpwise, I haven’t played any harp yet! :sweat_smile: I don’t get it for another week or two, I just bought it to pursue my dream of playing and performing!

1 Like

That’s great! All the best!

1 Like

best of luck, remember just keep busy and stay away from all bad habits cuz it leads to relapse. we all gonna make it!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! We are all in this together!

2 Likes

:vertical_traffic_light:Work out 30mins (Skip on workdays)

:vertical_traffic_light:Work on creating my harpist business (set up links to harp videos, an About/Contact section, a pricing section, etc)

:heavy_check_mark:Set up/spend quality time with a friend or family member once a week

:heavy_check_mark:Keep door open to room and curtains of window open except when changing clothing and sleeping

:heavy_check_mark:Write diary entry on Rewire forum by 2100 documenting goal success

Current streak: 1day 21hrs

Had a long day of work that kept me pretty busy and church after that. No urges today. A couple stray thoughts in the afternoon, but I karate kicked them out of my head within a few seconds! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :100: :100: :muscle:

3 Likes

Keep. Going like this @tfish98​:pray::pray::pray::pray::innocent::innocent::innocent: yess u can do it

2 Likes

Thanks @raza1214 and @sakshi11

3 Likes

:vertical_traffic_light:Work out 30mins (Skip on workdays)

:vertical_traffic_light:Work on creating my harpist business (set up links to harp videos, an About/Contact section, a pricing section, etc)

Current streak: 2days 21hrs

Another day of work in the books! No urges today, focusing on pure things! Been keeping myself occupied with reading and music outside of work. :grin:

5 Likes

:heavy_check_mark:Work out 30mins (Skip on workdays)

Current streak: 3days 21hrs

Good day off. Spent time with my family and ran some errands. Brainstormed a cool idea with a friend for her small buisness. No urges today, an occasional stray thought that I knocked out within a few seconds. Thankful for God’s blessings, especially this community!

4 Likes

:x:Daily weigh-in

:x:Work out 30mins (Skip on workdays)

:x:Read a good book for 30mins

:heavy_check_mark:Record video playing the piano/harp once a week.
----This week I chose “Dearly Beloved” from the Kingdom Hearts video game https://youtu.be/hpWTJZ9owLc

:heavy_check_mark:Work on creating my harpist business (set up links to harp videos, an About/Contact section, a pricing section, etc)
---- finished this today!

Current streak: 4days 21hrs

My sister came home from college today! It’s been a fun day spending time with her! :sparkling_heart: Grateful for the support from you guys! 4 days down!

8 Likes