[21m] NukePizza [Diary] - Making my dream real

Evening journal:

I’m on my phone and formatting is difficult, I completed the important habits of stretching legs and stretching for posture. 41 pullups completed and today, yesterday 100 pushups.

Idea 1: New perspectives! Gotta serve the target audience and i can’t choose it because it’s based locally so I have to change my offer based on the audience. Great realization so I’ll stop making just premium knives like in the past, I ll make knives that are as affordable but nice as possible! This must be the focus. Then I ll sell a lot.

Idea 2: During work I must consume coaching audio lessons! I ll take my ear pods with me and listen to them, almost all good innovations I made came from listening to books and coachings. More! I ll increase it

Idea 3: new rule not to leave room with untidy table or nightstand

Idea 4: always prepare dinner and snack when coming home, no exceptions, result: food always ready

Idea 5: when I can’t find ideas I ll write down what I shouldn’t forget and put it in the same place where I can find it, then I ll act instead of thinking, all solutions come by action

2 Likes

Journal

I’m well again I’d say, already exercising again

• :x: getting up at 6am (6:40am)
  • :white_check_mark: stretching calves (60s each)
  • :x: warm water on empty stomach (forgot)
  • :white_check_mark: pullups (10)
  • :x: back exercises (40)
  • :x: cold shower
  • :white_check_mark: cleaned up my room in the evening
  • :white_check_mark: Meditation (15min to fortify my mind against these bitches, Im keeping this sentence here for longer now to remind myself of it ;:D*)
  • :white_check_mark: stretching rounded back (60s)
  • :white_check_mark: Stretching for better back posture (1 set)
  • :white_check_mark: stretching by touching toes (1min)
  • :white_check_mark: stretching neck (1min)
  • :white_check_mark: big breakfast
  • :x: went to bed at 9pm
  • :x: drinking a lot of water at 5pm
  • :white_check_mark: prepped meal for the next day
  • :x: shoulder raises (50 per side)
  • :white_check_mark: shrugs (100 reps @ 15kg)

Plan today: Grind blades and prepare for burnishing, make sample knife that people can replicate for smithing “forge your own knife - 30€” or something

5 ideas:
Material for the forged knives could be old files but they need to be thoroughly annealed. I need an oven for that, I should build a gas oven today. Its actually quite simple, just 4 heat isolating stones surrounded by a metal frame and a portable wall. A hole in the top and thats it. Its a necessary investment, because problems with annealing always result in cracks while forging. A proper oven would also allow me to use the heat much more efficiently.

Idea 2: for the frame there should be a way to disassemble it without breaking everything. I ll make a drawing.

There can be a little tolerance on the metal frame which can be balanced with furnace cement.

Idea 3: There has to be some sort of suspension allowing the gas to enter from the top. I have a very unwieldy nozzle and handle. It could be suspended with a rope but on at least two points so it doesnt dangle when it slips out and melt my face off. Its extremely useful that this is removable because the nozzle can be removed and the hole sealed when the oven is used for annealing, it isnt required to keep the gas running for a long time. a fixed metal clamp should be installed on the pipe of the burner and a wire put in place. Replicate for another point and its done.

Idea 4: The “door” of the oven, the removable front stone should be small enough so the metal frame doesnt collide with it, it should be flush with the rest of the oven. This could be achieved by putting a bevel on that stone and the stones on which it should rest and by securing it with pressure to the oven. My favorite way would be gravity but I cant make the opening on top, the heat would leave immediately if there was an opening up there. Perhaps @The_integrous_one find this interesting, being an engineer :-D*
The door has to be pushed against the oven somehow. I could build a proper hinge I suppose and close the door with a clasp. I suppose thats the most professional way. This always makes the positioning difficult though. I will think about this more in a few minutes. Brb
Alright Im back. The hinge solutoin always creates a problem, namely that the door has to close perfectly and the hinge needs the right distance or the radius will cause the door to jam. A better solution would be a slidable door. Yes thats the solution! The stone needs a frame and the frame is suspended on two irons on which it can slide forward. Actually it could be suspended on 4 and then you can screw screws on to lock it in place! Perfect idea. I will draw it:

Because the door is quite light I could actually remove it fully and only have very short threaded rods on which I can screw the doorframe. The main issue is that hte frame needs to be extremely securely connected with the stone without destroying it! The stone is extremely porous.

Instead of dwelling here, I will act now, solutions come from action.

Idea 5: Instead I kept dwelling and found an idea :smiley: The stone can only hold with pressure, never with tension. The solution is to use some sort of metal on the y axis aswell and clamp the stone there. that could be accoplished with screws or something. The problem is that the outside of the clamp is always on the surface where the door is supposed to seal so the door would have to be bigger than the surface it should seal but this will put tension on the stone The only way it can work is by using some sort of clamping configuration which can be adjusted so it clamps the stone just right.

Okay what do I want to accomplish? I want to make an oven door. Why? Because the opening absolutely needs to be sealed or the heat will escape. Okay, why dont you make a slidable option? Just slide it in from above? Because with each slide there will be some slight abrasion on the porous stone and it will not seal well because the intersection isnt inside the oven, its outside, it needs a bevel and a bevel can bever be slid in from the top.
Okay so you need a bevel and you want to slide it in from the front.
Yes exactly
Okay, are the other requirements?
The only requirements are that there is little to no abrasion on the stone so only pushing movements and that it is pressed against the oven in a bevel configuration.

Okay then I would say you can handle the door by hand and then secure it with a single bar which only pushes against the stone. It should push with a large surface so it does as little damage as possible and it needs two holes on each side to screw it in place. They should be slids and not holes so a larger tolerance can be used.

Okay man, draw a picture

Sure dude (this is getting insane, but this self talk brought a result!)

Alright! Thinking done! Now building :smiley:

2 Likes

Damn :fire::fire::fire::fire:
Since you work in field you are so much better than me in terms of what has to be done in the field practically.
If I was given the same problem there was little chance of me solving it this efficiently lol.
And about building it, it would be next to impossible for me :joy:.
Way to go dude :fire:.
I hope it turns out good.

2 Likes

Evening journal

Today was a very pleasant day. I vowed that I will write down 5 more ideas for the business today so here we go:
Idea 1: The abrasion on the knife edge is extremely slow. Its the slowest part of the manufactoring process. The solution would be a larger variety of grits which would enable more even trasitions between the grit sizes which would eliminate long grinding to overcome those differences. Why dont I have a larger variety of belts? I will group the belts I have tomorrow based on material (wood/metal) and then check hte grits. If they are similar enough I will stack a pack of grits and report on their effect and if its not enough I will order more belts

idea 2: What is the question? “Improve business” is too vague. One might say improve income form blacksmithing which would include hte knives. Which other part could be in there? The sharpening service of course. I should start the service with very low cost, the bottle neck here is information. If people knew I sharpen knives they would come and bring me their dull knives and I would shaprend htem for a profit. I should just makes a sign. It is important that it looks old, I should use pure wood and make it pretty. The writing should just say “sharpening service here” or in german Hier Schärfdienst Messer (kein Wellenschliff) Preise: bis 10cm Klingenlänge 3€, bis 15cm: 5€ bis 20cm: 7€ bis 25cm: 9€ bis 30cm: 11€. Thats reasonable. I hope many bring their knives. I wantto become a pillar of the community to whom everyone brings their htings and who is of useful service. Im not missing anything. I can just sharpen on the wetstone (I supppose its whetstone but mine is running in a water container so I guess wetstone is right :D*) Im so tired my head is resting on the table as I write this eyes lcosed. I have ot finihs hte ideas quickly

Idea 3: he sharpening service needs somehting. What does it need? It needs a way to break the burr. I should put a regular sharpening stone next to … next to the grinding wheel when working. The knives should be stroped on leather… not all ideas need to be good but they need ot be orinignal htis is not an original idea., I wrote this odwn some where already before… I should offer oil for the blade in case it rsts with which htey can take care of the knife.

Idea 3: The swriting on hte knife throwing stand has to be changed and the … Maybe it doenst even have to be changed. But the important thing is people dont have a benefit from it, thats why they dont pay money. I went htere nad insructed them on how to throw the knife and htrey managed to hit a few times and then htey paid voluntarily. The money should always be afterwards, after they receive the service buecause then I can impres them nad receive much more than I would if I had just asked up front. There has to be a small page with instrucitons on how to throw hte knife. TThese isnstructions have to be weather proof. They can be put next othe stand, this is simple. They should inlcude pictures, I should take pictures of myself throwigng and holding hte knife. there are two different techniques and I hsouold show both, I should also put lines on the ground onwhere to stand so the hcance of the knife sticking is incresaed. If they expereince success, I will succeed, they will give me money voluntarily. (This is a rule of life in geneeral, this is worth remembering.

Idea 4: I should not lose track of projects and pending orders. I should write tem all donw on my goal paper now. I will do that and hten work on them day after day. I should preplan htem and put them in my calendar so htey get done.

idea 5: I should absolutely improve the design on the bottleopenres. They are very unhandy, they are not able to open hte bottles at ll. Why? The area which lifts the cap is too small. If it was thick it would work easily. The punch has to drive the materila and it hten needs to be puched flat so the surface is larger. It also shouold not be too thing, I noticed that it bent in some places nad I should at least attempt a hardening and temper, eevnc though its mild steel, I was under the impression that the hardeing had an effect when I tried cutting a part of the mild steel.

See you tomorrow!

2 Likes

Evening journal

We moved 1000kg of material up 3 flights of stairs by hand starting in the evening after dinner. I thought this was nearly impossible. In 3 hours, it was done. This is the material, 204 of those squares were moved aka a whole truck full of them and then stacked upstairs.

The rest of the day was very good, only successes. While we carried up the material, I joked I would do 50 pullups tonight too, then he dared me and now I ll do it, I promised it. Its nearly midnight, I have done 30. I will do 50. Guaranteed.

2 Likes

Journal

Yesterday was a very intense and eventful and successful day, today I want to listen to books and coachings while working!

• :x: getting up at 6am
  • :white_check_mark: stretching calves (60s each)
  • :x: warm water on empty stomach (forgot)
  • :white_check_mark: pullups (10)
  • :white_check_mark: back exercises (50)
  • :x: cold shower
  • :x: cleaned up my room in the evening
  • :white_check_mark: Meditation (25min to fortify my mind against these bitches, Im keeping this sentence here for longer now to remind myself of it ;:D*)
  • :white_check_mark: stretching rounded back (60s)
  • :white_check_mark: Stretching for better back posture (2 sets)
  • :white_check_mark: stretching by touching toes (1min)
  • :white_check_mark: stretching neck (1min)
  • :white_check_mark: big breakfast
  • :x: went to bed at 9pm
  • :x: drinking a lot of water at 5pm
  • :x: prepped meal for the next day
  • :x: shoulder raises (50 per side)
  • :white_check_mark: shrugs (100 reps @ 15kg)

Instructions from “the effective executive”:

find time:
I have to bring the car back and I have an appointment at 16:30 so I must be back at 16:00. That means I have about 6 hours. In those i probably spend 2 helping and eating, so 4 hours.

throw out timewasters
I should not talk too long, I should only greet and then move to work. I should try to block a big chunk of time for grinding blades until Im asked to help with anything.

block time for activities
Arrive
Greet
Start grinding blade finishes
if done, do handles & hooks

I ll test if this new approach is useful, lets see! 5 ideas will be written in the evening

1 Like

Evening journal:

My video got 400 likes and 27 thousand views! Im shocked Is this sick or what? - YouTube

A customer wants me to make him a custom knife for 150 - 200 €!

A friend gave me her spare key and tells me she’ll lend me her car whenever she can if I need it

Positive things!

I have an extremely diminished focus. I wont allow this, tomorrow the goal is to never become distracted. If I find myself giving into a stimulus, I will ask myself the question “whats important?” and then do that.

5 ideas:
A test burnish should be tried to compare if an unburnished finish looks better than a burnished one

idea 2: The customer ordered a knife and I will try to make it extremely good. The ricasso area (the part where the sharpened are transitions to unsharpened near the handle) needs to be very clean (I mean the transition needs to be clean). I should build a clasp which will stop me from grinding past a certain point. The clasp could be made from metal, there is a metal part which is suitable for it.

idea 3: The finish could be anything and is based on the customers wishes. I should present it to him, Im using a stainless steel so corrosion protection is not necessary. A stone wash finish could be done. Considering that I have never done a stone wash finish I should be careful. I should try it on a sample outdoor knife, I should produce multiple knives and let him choose. The handle material also should be thought through carefully, It can be sealed with epoxy, wood is not as reliable as others. Handle materials include aluminum, (possibly wood), or something synthetic.

idea 4: I will regain my focus by being hard with myself when it comes to habits.

idea 5: The handle material makes an enormous differenence for the value of the knife. After reviewing different options, I should either stick to wood or to mircarta

2 Likes

Evening journal

Above is me doing a neck exercise that my russian student showed to me. Why does it matter that he is russian? He is just an intense guy, the typical all or nothing winner

Dream body xD

5 ideas:

1. goals and to do list has to be always visible, I need to make a board and put it next to my desk so I can look at the tasks at all times. The Desk should only include the closed laptop, only opened when worked on and this stand wit ha to do list on it so Im always locked in on my target

2. Whats the target. At the moment I want to market-test the knives so I will finish them and put them up for sale. I ll observe if they sell and then continue or discontinue their production. The real target is to create a type of knife that I can manufacture quickly and easily which evokes an emotional value. The only thing people ever spend money on is emotions. I want to make a “forrest knife”, it rings really well in the ear in german, “wald messer”. It is forged from a file (carbon steel, the best steel ever anywhere for a knife, extremely hard and sharp) and the handle is made from full stock too, there is no wood attached to it. The wooden handle takes an enormous amount of time on the other knives. A full stock takes basically no time and the forge attribute adds a character to the knife.

3. The file is quite small and its not easy to hold it on place with the type of tongs Im using so welding a bar stock to it would mean you can just hold the bar stock with your hands (it doesnt get hot because the stock is long enough). That makes it much easier to hold

4. The task list should include two things. It should include goals of the day and long term goals and orders so I never lose track of both. Maybe a normal calendar would work for this too? I will book my goals into my calendar now, if it doesnt work I will remove it again.

Repeated daily and I will just have to scroll up where there is always unbooked time (something like 4am or something, there will be space for those notes)

5. Set times need to be implemented on which I REGULARLY work on the same thing. Thats how progress will happen. I will book this time as a static appointment into my calendar now, this is one hour during which I will work on nothing but office / billing / programming, nothing else. Always at 4pm.

2 Likes

##Evening Journal:

Today felt like showering in warm positivity, everything today lead forward. I forged a knife with someone

He was extremely excited about it and me too! It went very well! It’s forged from extremely good carbon steel from a file and I heat treated it carefully, no cracks! No warping after hardening! I truly progressed today! It is really moving forward!

Then I glued 2 knives successfully, then I sold a knife for 120€! This is also never accomplished before

Then one of my friends invited me to go in the forest together for mushrooms

Then I came back and one of my best friends visited unexpectedly and we all spent the evening together talking, preparing food and eating the mushrooms.

I will remember this day, it stems from believing in yourself

5 ideas journal:

1. Add twist to all files to turn triangle shape into tube like shape to ease forging

2. 1st activity in the morning: preparing food, then journal and eating

3. New perfect breakfast, my friend gave me this advice, he says it’s the reason for his high bone density:
    Oatmeal with cacao, no milk, I will try it

4. Day planning every morning, rough planning in the evening (plan for tomorrow is finishing the handle on one knife, forging another version of the Forrest knife, nothing more ( I noticed I get more focussed when I plan to do less)

5. Every day a step towards the real goal should be made. Many activities are only keeping the status quo from regressing, I need to push into the new activities every day with one small step. The steps should never repeat, they always have to be one more step, no stagnation. Tomorrow I plan to sketch a version for the sign for the smithy.

Tip for everyone: keep a “learning-journal”. Every time you make a mistake, write down what you learned from it! No mistake should be made twice! Can you imagine how quickly you would improve?

2 Likes

Evening journal

I leave very early and dont take time for the morning journal so I dont ocmplete it recently. Im not sure how to feel about this. The meditation is very important and should not be left out, stretching is alsso noticable when its missing, theo other things are not very noticable. I promise to meditate tomorrow morning again (I did it today too) and to stretch.

Im very tired, I did 200 pushups and 100 pullups this evening

I know I mentioned it before but I sold a knife for 120€! This is a milestone for me

5 idea journal:

1. Use a machine to smoothen up the surface on one of the knives and test if that feels better, the recent knife feels very rough in the hand

2. Plan day in the morning

3. Take laptop with me and work on office related stuff uninterruptedly for 1 hour (since I apparently have trouble making it home in time)

4. start fresh blades for heat treatment during glueup of the older blades, glueup and start of new blades should happen at the same time

5. Get laundry basket to lower the threshhold that needs to be overcome to start laundry

1 Like

Evening journal

I spent the past minutes redesigning signs and listening to earl nightingale when a realization struck me:
I found my main aim:

Govern my mind maximally

Its the sole power that makes all other actions come forward. This is the one incredible power noone can take away from me, I will reclaim it. This is the top priority. From now on every evening will be spent charging my mind with the thoughts I myself choose to think, choose to believe, choose to put into reality. Im making this real, Im taking control over everything.

What do I really want to believe? What do I truly believe?

I Believe I can accomplish my goal
I believe I can become a king
I believe I will be extremely successful in the future
I believe I will become an extremely reliable person
I believe I will master social relations and become an optimal friend
I believe I will create a vision and make it real
I believe life is a circle and all downs will lead up again, and all ups lead down again but in total Im moving forward and the downs shorten, the ups lengthen

Creating the vision ties together all other things. Whats the vision? It must develop first, it will be meek in the beginning. I want to create a place where I am an expert and enable others with value, the smithy would be a place where people can meet and discuss actions. At the same time I want to create an amazing product. I want to create a business and shoulder responsibility. To be frank Im shouldering my own life as my responsibility right now already, I have zero other incomes apart from my businesses.

What is the goal? What is the desire? Money man, I want money. How do I get hte money? With value of course. What do I want to provide? I want to get a huge volume of knives done.

Alright so the goal is getting a huge volume of knives done, this is the goal right now. Okay then, I will priorize it.

I wrote down “Make completion step ASAP on all projects”, Im pushing their completion into the future, procrastinating, I will rush them instead. I will rush all projects. Too little stress is never an issue.

Im pushing

3 Likes

Evening journal

I realized my main problem in my life as an entirety: I dont cut things off, I have trouble moving on. I stumbled upon this observation when I noticed that many bounties stack up around me. I have SEVERAL 99.9% finished knives which would just need a final polish and they would be ready for sale which have been UNCOMPETED for weeks, some months, I have bills for tutoring lessons which I performed for which I didnt charge yet, some over 2 months old, I leave everything at 99.9999% and dont add the missing 0.00001% to completion. I searched why this is the case and I believe

it is because I feel empty inside not having something in my back pocket. I suspect I have a grandiosity complex (psychic complex which jung wrote about, it can swing both ways and its always out of balance: either youre boastful on the outside and fear youre incredibly weak and small on the inside or youre small on the outside but feel like youre actually incredibly superior on the inside, both are wrong and youre just a normal dude).

So basically I cover my insecurities by having some evidence of a yet unrealized potential which I could tap anytime but which I dont tap so all the mishappenings in my life are excused because if I really tried they wouldnt be there.

This evidence would be uncharged high bills, unfinished good knives and so on. Everything on the verge of happening but it cant happen because then it loses its power as “back pocket evidence” of a superior identity

I dont know what to do about this, I feel like I understand myself better now. I suppose the root is the absence of success in my life but thats also not true, success manifests after a long time of hard work, ofcourse its not there immediately and I truthfully do possess some success, though not gigantic. Maybe the success my grandiosity complex is after does not match the real life world success I have right now. I suppose if it did the complex would shift into the other pole, grandiose on the outside and weak on the inside, right now its weak on the outside and grandiose on the inside. I wonder how this would be resolved.

Plan for tomorrow:
Tutoring lesson in the morning
preparing and glueing 3 knive scabbards
starting customers order, all other things are secondary
(starting 3 more knives, add more common look to the gyutos
surface finish the forged knife)
send payment invoices
work on website

if this could be done this would be an incredible day!

5 ideas
idea 1:
Work in bursts, set timer for activities, check how long they took and which activites ACTUALLY happened during this time (weed out timewasters, if you say you worked 8 hours a day chances are you wasted at least 1 doing useless things)

idea 2:
implement another static hour for learning, non negotiable (I mean that every day at 3pm, I will take one hour to listen to a book, read a book or listen to a coaching, I already have this hour for office work so it doesnt pile up)

idea 3: create the same structure for laundry so it doesnt pile up. Its not daily but I noticed it is not being done on the days on which it is supposed to be done so it should be put in a basket every morning before leaving. The room should have order before leaving, this is a sensible rule

idea 4: Have one task in mind which one should immediately start when closing the door and coming home. In previous journal entries I wrote I should cook immediately after coming home which is not a bad instruction. Eating is under emphasized. This feels like it derails the tasks. Once one makes food the work flow is completely distracted. On the other hand food definitely has to be prepared. I will test this and relentlessly prepare food tomorrow when I close the door behind me if possible.

idea 5: morning routine is missing. Reason: no time in the morning. Solution: waking up earlier. 5am new goal. Going to bed is the prerequisite and planning right is its prerequisite. No problem, the day is planned already.

Good night!

2 Likes

Evening journal

I feel like Im writing a double journal xD One in the fitness challenge and then I repeat it here. But I want to write it down here! I did this new “horse stance” exercise, its insane! I never felt something like this before. It gets intense VERY quickly. In basically no time you get into intense pain. My legs feel like spaghetti now.

I want to share a knife I made, I like it very much, it has a snake skin pattern because I forged it from an old file:

Someone recommended making a snake head at the end of it, that wouldbe very cool and also not impossible! What makes a sanke a snake? Teeth Probably so htey would have to be filed out I think, forging teeth is quite difficult I think but the general head shape is not impossible.

Today I got an order from a friend to forge 6 medieval-style torch holders. I want to make plans on how to forge them tomorrow morning.

I got an order to help someone with an exam tomorrow morning too.

Man everything is conspiring in my favor

Praise the lord man. Everything is moving forward.

Just keep your eyes on the horizon

5 ideas:

1. Create snake head at the back of the snake knife, this is not impossible, you basically just forge a spike with a blunt tip and then upset (make thicker) it in the vice, then you forge it out thicker where the eyes can go and ten use a chisel to forge out the eyes and center of hte head and mouth.

2. Lets think about the sconce… (I have an order to forge 6 sconces, these are basically torch holders in a medieval style). I will make drawings.

I did some drawing and its clear that there needs to be a hollow area through which the cable can pass. This area leads to a pipe which holds the actual torch. or sconce or whatever. The pipe then wraps around the torch but there isa hole in it which is connected to hte hole in the torch, those two have to be lined up well. From there the cable just connects to the lightbulb inside the torch, there could be some transparent paper added around it to hide the unsightly electronics and glass. The outside of the torch is made from strips of metal which are all bent the same way and they hold two rings in place. The easiest way to connect these would be welding or an alternative way would be riveting htem. I think thisis more original, I would like to rivet tem and welding is not necessarily easier. The scrolling work (making it scroll together like a roll) on hte tips of these will be done in a jig which I have to make. The rings have to get larger towards the top so a small metal bowl can be inserted in case one wants to burn real oil instead of using electricity.

I thought about the pipe which houses the cable but also holds the torch, I will just make hte bend and son on but the transition will always show, it can never be flush I think. There could be some sort of cover which hides it.

One should keep in mind that these things are indoors and lighting real burning oil in them would produce smoke which might fill the room.

1. Rivet the whole upper part at once like a fence and then forge it into a circle afterward

2. use tube and rivet nothing, create the whole upper part from cut sections in the tube, extrude, add steel rings after. Probably hte best idea.

3. Make steel rings from thin material so it can be forged cold and best case riveted cold too. Remember to buy steel for rivets.

Okay game plan is set:
Create torch from pipe, taper it down like this

And cut sections in like this:
Then push them apart like this (by forging)
Then add the rings and rivet them
Add the lightbulb
(or put in a small metal bowl in case one wants to burn real oil
Add cable
By forging the pipe into a circle and then drilling the hole open, if it closed it could be opened up by shoving a rid into it when hot
Adding a cover and welding it together

Ofc the position is not meant to be like that, its more like this:

The problem is this part

The cable is visible. I have to think about this tomorrow.

Good night

2 Likes

Evening journal

I had a minor car accident, the front right side is a bit dented and scratched. I first thought “Hm? I ll just change this myself”. Then other people came and told me what a big deal this is and made me feel like there was no way I could ever change this myself. I thought ok then I wont change it myself. Then the guy said it would cost 1000€ to repair it “properly”. By properly he means throwing the whole front away, the whole front right side of the chasse too and the right front light, buying them new and putting them there. Obviously thats expensive. Thats also unnecessary. I then realized he is not right at all, I just need to dismount the front right part of the chasse and remove the light and check if its fine. The whole basis of his argument is “If you let someone repair it the cheap way, it will break after some time”. What will break? The chasse will break in half? Spontaneously or what. He ofc means that hte light might break because he is afraid the “crash” cracked the light and water might run into it. Thats completely untrue. I will check htis myself. Im pretty sure there is nothing wrong with hte light at all, its further to the front, maybe 0.5cm. I believe this is because the chasse as a whole on the right was pushed a little to the front. The solution is just removing the chasse above the tire, putting the light back in place and fixing the chasse removing the dent and putting a new paint job on. I will do that tomorrow.

The guy wants to charge me 1000 euro for a paint job and realignment of the chasse. Im getting scammed here

5 ideas:

1. Calm down and stop blaming and accusing when Im right or whatever, always keep respect for the person Im listening too, thats what everyone craves. They misunderstand (or I misunderstand). If you say “no thats not this or that way” they dont hear the facts, they hear “I dont value your opinion”. At least the guy with the chasse issue. The guy who wins is the guy who gets along with everybody, no matter what. The society that propsers is hte one in which there is minimal conflict, no matter what. I dont need to fall in love with the guy, I just need to not run into trouble, I can just focus on my own goal and navigate the social landscape without (satire) crashing (satire) into something. (like with the car chasse.

2. You become what you think about. Keep that in mind. You become what you think about. Be very careful what you think about. Think about prosperous things.

3. Every evening I will meditate now in order to stabilize my mind against swaying to neither one nor the other side.

4. Say no when you dont want to do something. I recently did a lot of faors to someone and she kept asking. I said no to something there and I will do that in the future too, I will always assess: do I want to do this, is this is a small favor? At the same time one needs to keep in mind that the outside world mirrors you. What you give will return to you. If you give nothing, nothing iwll be igven to you. If you give, you will be given, it is actually true, I invite every doubter of this law to test it for himself. Serve more and you will be served more. If you outwork someone and work FOR them and they cant repay your service because they dont want to or whatever, the value you gave them will rise and pay dividents, it will actually even pay interest, it will grow like debt on them. This is a big secret. You can start owning people this way. This is the power the weak dream of. Trouble is you will only reach it by serving.

5. Stop asking for favors. My father gave this advice to me, I am now unsure what to think about it. The advice was “Never, ever ask for something”. I can understand this, I also feel it, every time you ask for something you are losing something in a small way. You take the losing position in the debt / debt collector dynamic. If both people are unafraid to ask, both will be fine I suppose, a reciprocal relationship. Just pay close attention you dont ask more than you give. Always erro on hte side of giving more than you receive and if you have received, give.

1 Like

Evening journal

One arm pushups!!! INCREDIBLEEEEE, Im the best guy ever
I won the bet! 30€! 5km run the same evening

5 ideas journal:

1. Im still thinking about the sconces. Make it basic, more basic, more simple, more ismple, whats the simplest way to conceptualize a torch ever? There needs to be a stick and there needs to be a bowl on top which contains the burning material. Thats basically already a torch.

… I forgot to complete the journal yesterday, I ll just continue here and then complete these ideas:

Today I built a jig for filing a knife at a certain angle, I held the knife in my hands and I was completely unhappy with it. Then I made a change and now Im very happy with it, its here:

The little spot on the back of the knife is for the thumb so you can push.

I put new logs in place in my phone, basically notebooks and one is for logging all activities and how much time they took. This way I will have an objective feed back at the end of the day about my real productivity. I completed these logs in the past and it revealed that I wasted more than 40% of the day and completed the “productive” hours with very little efficiency.

Tomorrow I will log everything

2 Likes

Evening journal

Logging daily activities
All useful activities today:
-Heat treated knife, filed section into it
-cut and widened pipe for a lamp which Im forging

Timespace used to complete them: 10:00 to 15:00 aka 5 hours.
Realistic time requirement for those two things:
-heat treatment: 1 hour
-cutting and widening of pipe: 1 hour

so like I predicted, 2/5 aka 40% of the day used productively on my own goals.

This can be improved very much.

**I will log the activities tomorrow too and aim for 50% useful time. **

Second half of the day:
From 15:15 to 22:15 aka 7 hours
-payment settled (realistic time required: 10min)
-Insurance call done (RTR: 10min)
-new facebook banner (RTR 25min)
-tutoring 90min (RTR 100min)

so in total I used 2 hours out of 7 here. Thats 29%. Could be improved quite a lot.

5 ideas:

1. For improving sleep, I want to log if I see an improvement reading 30mins before bed and using no electronics beforehand. I will write down tomorrow morning how rested I feel from 1 to 10 and how many hours Ive been in bed.

2. I will incorporate the jogging again. It gives my day direction. I also want to incorporate the 6am wake time again (just not today haha. Why not? Am I pussy? No I should plan ahead. Im quite sure I might forget it tomorrow too and then not do it. I ll run this risk. I wont get up at 6am tomororw, I will get up at 6am the day after tomorrow if I can.

3. I want to buy a physical notebook in which I can write every day and which I can carry on my body. I planned to do this quite a while ago and will now act on it. I just ordered it on amazon.

4. I need scheduled meals. I looked at pictures of my physique 3 years ago and I barely improved. I need to eat much more frequently and add snacks. I ll cook spaghetti in the morning every morning so there is always a pot with something, when I come home I dont feel like cooking, I feel like doing office work or something. I will try it tomorrow morning.

5. What do I lastly want to improve? I spend toot litlte time on the coaching. If it was later ien the day it would have a higher chance of getting completed. OR if it was EARLIER! In the day! Right after awaking, when I come back from jogging! Thats a good idea. Plan for tomorrow: Arise, jog immediately, come back and cook, eat, meditate and stretch, leave (with items), work on project (sconces, knives, scabbards), return at 3pm, do office work / coaching / tutoring, sleep

3 Likes

Evening journal

Boss got into an accident, basically got acid in his eye

This happened just a few hours ago, sun already down, 7pm or something and he is finishing up some work, then it happened to him. Basically he was working on a ceiling and the material used to coat the ceiling is (basic, not acidic but who cares, it eats away flesh if you leave it on your skin). It dripped from the ceiling into his eye. I visited him at the hospital, seems like his eye will recover, the damage is not on the pupil but on the white area of the eye.

I didnt write here yesterday but I logged the whole day again, it helped enormously for efficiency. Once an activity is finished, I write down the activity and how long it took. At the end of the day I see what EXACTLY I did this day and the subjective self talk is removed. Today was pretty efficient, the most time was wasted not knowing what to do next or not knowing where to find something. Those two took the most time.

Im so tired I ll rest my head on my arm and type without looking. Tody was prety intesne. I like the logging of activiites, it makes me feel in control of everything. The things whcih are remaining are forged torches and connecting the existing things by welding. 3 Backplates also need to be bforged. This is quite easy. The torches are also quite easy actually . The only complication would be if I coldnt weld anymore because the protective gas used for the welds is empty. ITs very close to being empty. If I risk it then I cant proceed. I ANd it needs to be bogught anyway. I should buy it tomorrow together iwth other steel material and so on.

5 ideas

1. What do I want to imrpove? My sleep. I should wash my bedsheets more frequently

2. What else do I want to imrpvoe? I think another sleep idea is useful. Early morning exercise improves sleep and I noticed I am slacking in the body transofmation challenge. I will add exercise to the daily routine. At the moment it contains meditation and stretching.

3. I want to improve my comort. Every day Im riding a bike through hills etc to get to hte smithy. THis is so tiring, I dont want t do t. Its probably goodfor me etc. But I want to make it more comfortable. I should add thinner tires. I Should get one of the bikes ready. THere is a bike which I am reppairing, if I get it done i can use that, it has much thinner tires than the one Im using now.

4. What else? I dont think about my workout routine enough. I just work out sometimes. I should have a proper workout schedule. I found a basic split

5. I need to get rid of this horrific charger. It makes a noise that makes you want to put it under the hammer. I will order a new one right now and destroy the old thing, this has been enormously strenuous on my nerves, I would say 20% of my daily annoyance strain comes from this gosh forsaken charger.

1 Like

I follow similar spilt but there are no abs or forearms in the split you mentioned here.
I follow
Day 1 push day: Chest, Shoulders, triceps
Day 2 pull day: Biceps, forearms, back, traps
Day 3 Legs+ core day.

This way you won’t even need rest days in between because each muscle group has 2 full days rest and you hit each muscle group twice in 6 days which is pretty good.
This split works best with home based exercises.
If you have dumbbells I can also share a link to 30 day follow along series that I follow. It starts with just 12 minutes workouts and goes upto 28 min till 30th day. It’s HIIT with dumbbells.
I just do some warmup (jogging and skipping) and stretching them follow this series.
You get wholesome exercise within 30 minutes.

1 Like

yes please and thank you about the information about the split!

1 Like

1 Like