124 days, just some motivation for the ones struggling with relapses

The only place I am relapsing is in my dreams :wink:

it happened 2 or 3 times, I wake up and I take a breather.

124 days seems like very less, but crossing four months feels like a wow. I am thankful for all help I received from you guys. More than that, I am thankful to Jesus for the strength he has given me to overcome this addiction.

Life’s great, almost out of the addiction, I can feel the urges not at all bothering me anymore. Most of the time, I dont want to masturbate even though I am in the mood. All I want is the actual thing. Waiting for the real thing is hard, but I know that the wait is going to be worth it. In the mean time, self control is a challenge, which I think I am up to. Its a good test for me, for my resilience, patience and to be self sufficient (not depending on external factors for fun).

Just a tip from me, for all the ones thats in the loop of relapses.

To do anything in life, we need 3 things

1. Discipline
  2. Motivation
  3. Continuity

If we have motivation and continuity without discipline, relapse is just on the corner. May be few months , but its coming.

If we have discipline and continuity without motivation, same thing, relapse will come in a few weeks.

If we have discipline and motivation but lack continuity, again relapse will come in the matter of days.

We need to work on all these three, every single day to quit something. Just wanting to quit because masturbation is bad, is not good enough. Just because we suffered because of PMO in the past, is alone not good enough. These two may give motivation, but they don’t give discipline and continuity.

I also want to touch on resilience. Are u ready to suffer whatever consequence to get out this addiction? Ask yourself this question. Imagine the worst kind of pain you can think of, physical or emotional, are u ready to go through that to get out this addiction? We dont go to war to have a participation trophy. We go to war to win, doesn’t matter what happens along the way.

believe it or not, we are in war with this PMO. Its our future, our happiness, our peace of mind, its us that’s on the line. Just once, it doesn’t harm me, this is what we say before the relapse. That once is enough to ruin our peace of mind afterwards. Most of us dont come here just to try out quitting, we have negative things associated with our lives and PMO. Yes or no?

Those three I mentioned, discipline, motivation and continuity, only happens when we work on ourselves every single day. Remembering why we started, why we want to keep going. We have to work on new habits, work on constant motivation to continue those habits, reason with ourselves why they are good, why we want to continue this No PMO and so on. My point, work on yourself every single day, eliminate negatives about you, one by one, have self talk regarding those negative emotions we have, tell yourself why those thoughts are wrong.

I dont want to see any of you thats reading this message to relapse ever again. Decide today.

(I wanted to stay away from this community for a while, to focus on myself mainly, but seeing you guys asking questions in the threads, most struggling with relapses, I wanted to send this message to you)

14 Likes

Happy birthday bro​:gift::gift::gift::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

This topic is a great motivation for me.

1 Like

Thank you @Dean_Ambrose

I am glad @_Motivation

1 Like

Wise words! Thanks for sharing :hugs:

1 Like