108 Days Mental Diet Challenge

That’s a great idea.
I already have a basic set of goal oriented affirmations and some to keep myself calm.
I also have a vision and goal (Gate exam 2022).
It is all written down in my offline journal and I repeat that every morning, I don’t think I need a challenge for that but I appreciate the thought :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.
I can still share what I have written if you want though it’s kind of specific to the areas I found myself weak in.

4 Likes

yes please share… also share how the affirmations have helped you so far.

2 Likes

I have a habit of writing. I write on my dairy everyday the benefits of nofap… And what I get end result of nofap…
I beleive noticing the negative of faping can never be the solution if you see the good the results of nofaping then it will motivate you more than anything.

4 Likes

This is amazing…very powerful affirmation. @Yash21

1 Like

@Yash21 by the way… this is not a very right way of using affirmation… instead of saying that you wont procrastinate…you should say that you do everything now.

1 Like

Hello all,

The rule is updated in the first post. Please have a look.
Also, understand that this is first of its kind, so there is a lot of scope for improvement, please add your valuable suggestions.

@_KarmaYogi

Academic Goal - Get good marks in Gate exam ( Aiming for M.Tech in IIT ) and B.Hons in my current degree

Personal Goal - I want to become the most disciplined person in this world

Hey @anon87955785… Just a suggestion… I think a process oriented goal is more useful… How much do you need to study everyday for cracking Gate ?? Use that for affirmation… Like
Everyday I meet my study Targets…

1 Like

@_KarmaYogi brother, So you mean to say I have update my daily habits here right ?

@_KarmaYogi , when will the challenge starts ?

no habits…only positive and powerful thoughts.
I will share a sample.

1 Like

lets start from Monday

2 Likes

I’m in for the Challenge
SC : 7gdf2f

2 Likes

@_KarmaYogi brother is it like,

I am confident
I am brave etc

@anon87955785 in your case it will be like

1. I daily study 10 hours no matter what.
  2. I daily meet my study targets before sleeping, otherwise I dont sleep.
  3. I am extremely disciplined. I plan a time for everything and do everything in its time.

Additionally, keep telling yourself that you are enjoying this disciplined life. This is called auto-suggestion. This would be like:

I am enjoying this discipined life. Discipline is the real happiness and real independence. I am no more slave of my impulses. I will keep following this discipline and work ethic till I crack Gate.

If you do this repeatedly, your subconscious will believe that this is the happier way to lead the life. You will eventually be the person who is extremely disciplined.

Hope you get my point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should I post like this everyday. I am scared I might be lazy, in such a way that I will start to copy and paste my affirmations of my previous day. :joy:. This is just my suggestion brother, How about daily check in and counting the maximum no. of points for those who had read their affirmations daily for the next 108 days.

To start with, you can just read your affirmations… but the point is your subconscious mind won’t register things well until you do the affirmations with full feelings and emotions. Just plain reading is not helpful at all, you need to get that feeling that yes you are a man of discipline. That’s why typing the affirmation is encouraged… this is exactly the reason why students remember more when they make notes along with reading book rather than when they just read the book.

1 Like

Here are the rules:

There is just one rule.

Decide what kind of person you want to become before the end of this year.
For example, I want to become a person who always completes whatever task he takes up.
Tell yourself that you are a person that always completes whatever task he takes up.
Imagine yourself completing all your tasks on time. Imagine yourself honoring all your commitments.
Repeat this visualization as many times a possible. Definitely do it before sleep and after waking up.
Additionally, you can set up an alarm and repeat the visualization multiple times.

Type your affirmations daily in the thread. Strongly believe that you are already that person. Speak in a language as if you are already that person.
Fake it till you make it :slight_smile:

You get points for the number of times you repeat the affirmations/visualizations throughout the day.
Typing your affirmations (no copy-pasting) in this thread daily once would give you 1 point.
Suppose you repeat your affirmations/visualizations two more times (morning after waking up and night before sleeping) every day then add 21 points for the entire week(7 - morning, 7 - night, 7 - typing in this thread).

Give your entries in the format:

Name :
What you want to become :
The number of times you would repeat your affirmation / visualization :

2 Likes

Add your entry in post 2 in this format

1 Like

Here’s what I review every morning:

Top Goals: Studying, exercising, timely sleeping, productive mornings, fasting between meals.
Affirmations: 1. My mind is awesome, it is capable of retaining whatever I study easily and completely.
2. I learn from my mistakes and don’t repeat same ones.
3. Whatever I study, I study with full focus and I enjoy it.
4. I have great opportunites and facilities and I am grateful for them.
5. I am dedicated to stay consistent to achieve my goals
6. I always feel energetic
7. I handle any kind of situation I face gracefully confidently and intelligently
8. I work even better under pressure, I embrace such situations if they ever appear
9. I am capable of having full control on my mind and body, I acknowledge when my mind tries to trick me, I choose to do what’s right for me, I take necessary actions to not fall for the trick.
10. I have the power within me to keep out any evil, desire, or any disturbance, I can see the truth.
11. I might encounter people who might act in selfish/ ignorant ways, they don’t know the difference between good and evil but I do, they are all like a family to me but they can’t involve me in their actions neither can I be angry on them.
12. Analyse every harsh impression, if it’s not in your control just say it’s nothing to me, for it’s your judgement about the events that bothers you rather than the events themselves.
Vision: I see myself executing today with perfection and I love my work. I see myself getting perfect in all subjects. I see myself having cleared and aced all exams I give and I see myself studying joyfully for it. I see myself having a totally ripped lean body, happy family, consistent well paying job and I am as happy as I am today.
Mechanical engineering GATE 2022 AIR 1: Samaranjay Sharma.

@_KarmaYogi

I am not sure about how effective these affirmations are but I am sure that they’ve made me more disciplined and positive

6 Likes