Devotee of Lord Krishna Diary

Day 6
From 3 days I have been doing 16 rounds chanting of Hare Krishna Mantra. It helps me purify my mind of lusty desires and calms my mind. I have a target to reach 100 days again. Once I had a streak of 158 days, but due to watching some bad videos I relapsed. Since then life has been real tough. I felt like from a roaring tiger I became like a dead dog at 159th day. This time I want to remain extra cautious of urges.

6 Likes

I am with you bro. In this journey. March Forward. Aaahhhoooo

1 Like

рдХреНрд▓реИрдмреНрдпрдВ рдорд╛ рд╕реНрдо рдЧрдо: рдкрд╛рд░реНрде рдиреИрддрддреНрддрд╡рдпреНрдпреБрдкрдкрджреНрдпрддреЗ |
рдХреНрд╖реБрджреНрд░рдВ рд╣реГрджрдпрджреМрд░реНрдмрд▓реНрдпрдВ рддреНрдпрдХреНрддреНрд╡реЛрддреНрддрд┐рд╖реНрда рдкрд░рдиреНрддрдк ||рей||

O Parth, it does not befit you to yield to this unmanliness. Give up such petty weakness of heart and arise, O vanquisher of enemies.
(Gita 2:3)

May you succeed, brother.

6 Likes

That avatar is that a sufi? Those are soo cool

1 Like

Yes it is. A Sufi whirling dervish.

This particular activity was introduced into Sufism by Rumi in Turkey.

2 Likes

Day 7 complete
I woke up late at 11:30 am. These days I have developed a habit of sleeping late due to influence of hostel friends. As I woke up, I washed up and chanted 16 rounds of hare Krishna mantra and listened to a one hour bhagavatam lecture. Since yesterday was ekadashi, I had to fast from grains. In the evening I went to the temple where for 1 hour I engaged in hare Krishna kirtan. Then I had prasadam (dinner) there. Prabhuji insisted me to wake up early and visit temple daily at 5am, but today also I woke up late. Due to my sleeping late and getting up late, I am not able to do my studies. From today I will try to sleep on time. Mind was calm the whole day. No urges felt.

3 Likes

Day 8 complete

I woke up late as usual, but did my 16 rounds chanting and listened to a lecture on srimad bhagavatam. Then I went to market to get some items. In evening I and prabhuji were invited to have dinner with a family. Then I stayed at temple for night and woke up at 4:20am. No urges felt. No problems faced till now.

2 Likes

Day 9 completed, but relapsed on day 10

I didnтАЩt sleep nicely last to last night and was sleeping whole day and eating junk food. Then again due to sleeping whole day I couldnтАЩt sleep this night and at 5 am falled into trap of mind that a little bit edging I can handle, which led to many videos and finally relapsing. From now on I quit watching videos completely in my life except srimad bhagavatam lectures which I will download first and then watch. Even the small triggers like unwilling seeing a photo of naked woman (in shorts) in market, or chatting with a girl, remaining awake at late night can cause chain reaction of increasing urge and may lead to relapse. I saw an increase in confidence in these 9 days of which I might have lost a portion of it. But, I am still determined to beat this habit and I will with the help of God and his devotees.

3 Likes

From now on I will update my diary every 10 days.

1 Like

Hare Krishna prabhuji

1 Like

Hare Krishna prabhuji

I am counting on you, dont disappoint me.

1 Like

How you relapse this time ?

1 Like

Payas whts ur codeтАж

1 Like

Sorry. Too ashamed to tell.

My code is 058745тАж

I also want to become a pure devotee. code: ld58kw